residency options in CA, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marchellene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, So I'm trying to figure out the best place to do an externship in CA. The purpose obviously of doing one is to have a better chance to 'get in' if they know me and see my work ethic. I have lived in the South ( and currently MS3) all my life-so I do not know any of these areas very well.
If you know any of these places or have any info about residency/externships. Please help!

Santa Clara
Oakland
San Diego
Kern

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, So I'm trying to figure out the best place to do an externship in CA. The purpose obviously of doing one is to have a better chance to 'get in' if they know me and see my work ethic. I have lived in the South ( and currently MS3) all my life-so I do not know any of these areas very well.
If you know any of these places or have any info about residency/externships. Please help!

Santa Clara
Oakland
San Diego
Kern

Really, the best thing to do is to simply google the residency if nothing else, and contact Medical Education. Different hospital programs will have very different requirements and expectations for students rotatating through different residency programs. Some programs simply don't like medical students coming to rotate until late August and later, if its for the purpose of an "audition". Most everybody would agree this is the best way to informally get in touch enough to get the information you need to set up a rotation.

Good Luck!!