Any public programs that pay for endometrial CA treatment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippiedoc13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but figured I may as well ask.

I work in a free clinic and last week I diagnosed a 50yo woman with endometrial adenoCA after I did an EMB for 2 yrs of anovulatory bleeding. The patient is uninsured, and I believe she may also be undocumented. I'm trying like hell to get her in with a gynecologist for treatment, but so far nobody will touch her without funding.

Does anyone know of any public programs that provide coverage for diagnosis/treatment of endometrial adenoCA? Of course there are a couple such programs for breast CA and cervical CA, but they all exclude all the other female reproductive cancers including endometrial.

At this point the only alternative we may have is sending her to the ED, where they can't turn her away, and trying to get her enrolled in Emergency Medi-Cal (Medicaid) via the hospital financial workers. I hate to misuse ED resources in that way so I'd like to avoid it but ultimately I need to help my patient get treatment.

Any ideas for other funding/coverage avenues to pursue? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.