Residency Invites for Phase II 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deadline as in last day to apply? If it is, then it doesn't mean that they will go ahead and rank the next day, just means that they will no longer be taking applications...

I mean the deadline is the 31st and ranking is due the 1st. So theoretically someone could still apply tomorrow..can't imagine they would get looked at but that is their deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

The turn around time for phase 2 is insane. I get the feeling that a lot of programs didn't think to adjust their deadlines, leading to a lot of wasted time and money by applicants.

This whole phase 2 match process is insane. I hate being in the "guinea pig" group. I can't imagine they are going to continue this same process next year.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who already had phone interviews:

Did the programs state they will rank from those or did they offer site interviews after that? I have a phone interview tomorrow and wondering if I have a chance at all...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
if you have a phone interview tmr, then you have a chance. There is no way in hell anyone's going to want onsite at this point

There is just not enough time for site interviews unless you are physically in the area. My phone interviews made no mention of further follow-up or contact other than one saying "good luck". Still would be nice to have a feel for applicant/spot ratio - I have no idea how good the chances really area for the programs I'm ranking. But the stakes feel higher than in phase 1.

Reactions: 1 user
There is just not enough time for site interviews unless you are physically in the area. My phone interviews made no mention of further follow-up or contact other than one saying "good luck". Still would be nice to have a feel for applicant/spot ratio - I have no idea how good the chances really area for the programs I'm ranking. But the stakes feel higher than in phase 1.

The place I had an on-site interview yesterday invited 10 people for 1 spot. So yes, the competition is much steeper :unsure:

P.S. They had up to 135 applications to choose from.

The place I had an on-site interview yesterday invited 10 people for 1 spot. So yes, the competition is much steeper :unsure:

P.S. They had up to 135 applications to choose from.

I think you can take solace in the fact that the applicants are probably not as strong in phase II of the match since most of the stronger applicants matched during the first phase. So while the quantity of applicants are high, the quality is probably lower in general. On the other hand, there may be applicants that overreached in phase I and applied to too many competitive programs, but thats probably a small # of applicants. Most of the strong applicants from my school matched in phase I.

Idk if I should scramble anymore or not! I didn't get one interview for phase 2! Will programs even consider going to a third round after phase 2? and how many of us still willing to pay more money and scramble :thinking:

Idk if I should scramble anymore or not! I didn't get one interview for phase 2! Will programs even consider going to a third round after phase 2? and how many of us still willing to pay more money and scramble :thinking:
I don't think you have to pay for scramble

i still haven't heard either way from inova fairfax! What could they be waiting for???

I applied to 7 programs but only got 1 interview back, got 2 rejections and didn't hear back from the others. :( we will see how it goes but I'm not feeling too confident about it. Good luck everyone.