rejected from OCPM !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah, but there is a big difference between a 2.4 gpa and a 3.0... 2.4 just shows laziness, and who's to say someone will work harder in Pod school. It's not to say he can't do it, but why take the risk when you know there are better qualified all around applicants. Someone can be smart and fail out really easy because they don't study for the multiple tests. Like someone said earlier, he can't "rock the boards" if he fails before the boards. Plus they are just pass fail, so who cares if he "rocks" them, no one will know.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, but there is a big difference between a 2.4 gpa and a 3.0... 2.4 just shows laziness, and who's to say someone will work harder in Pod school. It's not to say he can't do it, but why take the risk when you know there are better qualified all around applicants. Someone can be smart and fail out really easy because they don't study for the multiple tests. Like someone said earlier, he can't "rock the boards" if he fails before the boards. Plus they are just pass fail, so who cares if he "rocks" them, no one will know.

My 3.0 GPA could just have easily been a 2.0 or lower in which case I too would have been denied acceptance to pod school. What makes this guy such a lesser applicant, his GPA? I would say his MCAT well reflects his potential and his capability of succeeding. Who knows if this guy will put the time in to pass his classes? This can be said of anyone applying to pod school. If students with high GPA and super low MCAT are granted acceptances all the time, the fact that this guys doesnt even have a chance is ridiculous. Without a doubt I would let this guy in over those "better qualified applicants."

Did you not read this entire thread?

There is more than one reason why this applicant(s) does not have a chance. Multiple arrests, bad temper/anger management issues, compounded with low grades, etc, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you not read this entire thread?

There is more than one reason why this applicant(s) does not have a chance. Multiple arrests, bad temper/anger management issues, compounded with low grades, etc, etc...

No I did not read the entire thread.

Let me rephrase my comment, Had he NOT been arrested or had anger management issues, I would let this guy in.

Last edited:
IMO, I think that GPA reflects more of the student than does your mcat score. GPA reflects your devotion to work over a 3/4/5 year span throughout college, while the mcat just shows how hard you can study for 4 months prior to it. So to me a better reflection of how hard the student will work in pod school would be his GPA. Now a 2.9/3.0 w/ a decent mcat score definitely should be granted an interview b/c there is potential there, but when it starts to sink lower it stats to raise questions about study habits, work ethic..etc.

IMO, I think that GPA reflects more of the student than does your mcat score. GPA reflects your devotion to work over a 3/4/5 year span throughout college, while the mcat just shows how hard you can study for 4 months prior to it. So to me a better reflection of how hard the student will work in pod school would be his GPA. Now a 2.9/3.0 w/ a decent mcat score definitely should be granted an interview b/c there is potential there, but when it starts to sink lower it stats to raise questions about study habits, work ethic..etc.

agreed

Can we shut this thread down already??

Haha, what do you mean? Those two sound like very compassionate, understanding and reasonable candidates with no deep hatred towards others based on their ethnicity or religion!

so bad news for all you haterZZZ out there.....accepted TUSPM and Barry!!!! with scholarship. look I've been given this wonderful opportunity in life and I WILL make the most of it. I didn't do as well in undergrad, because I was very uninterested in what I was learning. I'm sure I will ENJOY the Basic Medical sciences. It's hard work I understand, but it's what I want to do. and that will be the difference between undergrad and grad.. wow living in south florida's ganna b soooooo sweet....

so bad news for all you haterZZZ out there.....accepted TUSPM and Barry!!!! with scholarship. look I've been given this wonderful opportunity in life and I WILL make the most of it. I didn't do as well in undergrad, because I was very uninterested in what I was learning. I'm sure I will ENJOY the Basic Medical sciences. It's hard work I understand, but it's what I want to do. and that will be the difference between undergrad and grad.. wow living in south florida's ganna b soooooo sweet....
Rejected from OCPM and accepted to Barry? Uh oh, don't tell Feli.

me too. I got an immediate rejection from OCPM. other places are at least interviewing me. go figure....

Congrats :thumbup:

:)

Last edited: