Rejected--blessing in disguise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You could try and study till August. Do lots of practice through UWorld, then take the AAMC full length and see if you can get at least 500. If you can't score 500 on the practice, I'd wait until next August to take the real thing.
I feel like I might as well. I'm literally taking one class right now (physics II retake) and not doing anything besides working out, cooking or shadowing. 500+ should be doable in one month?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright I need some feedback! I’m going to be attending the PCOM-GA program which starts early August. It’s a two year program, so I’m deciding on when I should retake the MCAT? The minimum for conditional acceptance is 45-50th percentile or higher. Therefore I’m deciding if I should:

1. Try and study within the next month and take it early August before I start. If I did this I’d be able to do the guaranteed interview after my first year of biomed and maybe get accepted that way? (Granted if my grad gpa and MCAT is high enough).

2. Hold off and take the MCAT next August while studying for 3 months that summer. (Safer option?)

3. ???

I’m sort of leaning toward the first option because I feel like I’d be able to score at least a 500. But at the same time I should probably not rush studying for it again. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask why not do the one year program? It has a guranteed admission clause as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I just wanted to give a little motivation for those who might be feeling down, anxious, or stressed regarding this whole application process. I was recently rejected from every (yes EVERY) single Podiatry program. Was I pretty upset? Yes. Was I surprised? Well.. maybe not completely. I don't have the best academic record and have some very poor grades that have held me back. My MCAT score isn't the best either and I definitely could have studied more. So why am I telling you this? Because I'm glad that I got rejected now instead of down the line. It's a sign that I NEED to improve my own study habits and rethink how I go about tackling difficult course material. Even if I was accepted now with my low stats, who's to say that I would've done well? I see this as an opportunity to improve myself before taking the next step towards medical school. I know the feeling all too well of wanting to RUSH and get accepted ASAP because everyone around you is working, in grad school, etc. Don't worry about that, we all have our own path to follow and it's important to remember that.

My next stop? I've had several interviews for masters programs in biomedical science (there's one in particular that is my top choice due to Linkage with Temple). My hope is that I can get accepted to a 1-2 year program, perform well and then re-apply. Also I'll be retaking the MCAT in September.

This is your journey and yours alone. We'll all get to where we need to be someday. I hope whoever reads this has a great day!
do not go into the field of podiatry, I repeat do not go into podiatry