Regis University anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call on Thursday afternoon. I hope for the best for you guys!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a congratulations call from Dr. Sucher the other day! I interviewed on march 18th. Anyone else from group 1
got in??? Also, good luck to everyone else I'm sure they are calling more people shortly.

Nolike, when did he call (the day) if you don't mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 18th, I was in group 1. I also got a postcard. The waiting is tough!! I did not figure they'd make calls today, since there is a group interviewing today. Holding out hope for next week!! :xf:

Hi pharmlen,

Have you hear anything yet? Now I am getting worried as those who interviewed on the 19th are recieving calls, I am happy for them and at the same time waiting on my call.:sleep:

Hi pharmlen,

Have you hear anything yet? Now I am getting worried as those who interviewed on the 19th are recieving calls, I am happy for them and at the same time waiting on my call.:sleep:

Nope.......nothing. :( Still trying not to loose hope. I keep remembering that they said that due to the low deposit amount, several people will place a deposit, and then abandon thier spots when they are accepted at another school....so hoping that even if we dont hear this week, all is not lost. Who am I kidding though....I am NERVOUS!!

Nope.......nothing. :( Still trying not to loose hope. I keep remembering that they said that due to the low deposit amount, several people will place a deposit, and then abandon thier spots when they are accepted at another school....so hoping that even if we dont hear this week, all is not lost. Who am I kidding though....I am NERVOUS!!

Good faith!! Let's keep hoping for the best! I believe everything is possible through God. I also think its too early to loose hope. I will let you know if I hear something from them. Keep the faith!!

I just got a call this morning, I am in!!!! :thumbup: i can't describe the feeling!!!!! :D Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!!!

I just got a call this morning, I am in!!!! :thumbup: i can't describe the feeling!!!!! :D Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!!!

Just wondering what your stats were for admission ?

Thanks

Have you heard from them yet? I am so stressed right now!

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED! I am in utter disbelief. :D

I never even got a phonecall - it was a little letter in the mail!

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Okay, so I did end up getting a phonecall and email, haha.

Last edited:
Hi Mletter-
I just recieved my acceptance call today! I am extremely excited and most likely will be attending Regis University next fall. I have a few questions though. When was freshman orienation held last year, and when did you start classes? Also, is microbiology required prior to admission, I have not taken this course yet.

How much is the tuition at Regis? Any P1 students out there that can offer some input? Thanks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a letter in the mail. I was giving up on them since the two weeks was almost up. Sorry to say to those who are waiting that I will be turning down another school and have already accepted Regis. I just loved the school and their philosophies.
Yeah to PharmD Class of 2014!

I got a call on Monday morning. Got the letter in the mail today.

Still ecstatic.

Loved everything I saw during the interview. Could not be happier right now.

Absolutely stoked about living Denver.

Does Regis waitlist everyone who is not accepted after interview or has someone gotten rejected after the interview??

Looks like I won't be there this year. Got the news in the mail yesterday.

1. How much is tuition? (over 160K for 4 years?)
2. are uniforms required?

can someone please share your interview experience with Regis? I was given a list of essays to look at from an MCAT website, did you guys get three topics from this website? Is it true that you also a total of nine questions with nine different interviewers? This seems really scary to me.
Thanks in advance.

can someone please share your interview experience with Regis? I was given a list of essays to look at from an MCAT website, did you guys get three topics from this website? Is it true that you also a total of nine questions with nine different interviewers? This seems really scary to me.
Thanks in advance.

The interview is exactly how they describe in the handful of emails I'm sure you received. I haven't looked through the website if my topics were listed from the mcat website, but the format is similar. And yes, nine interviewers. It's just as scary as any other interview, except it happens nine times and it's over before you know because you get less then 10 minutes with them. Believe me, there are NO surprises. Actually, the lunch was surprising. The best I've ever had at an interview.

Did you interview at Regis? It seems that you have not even visited their website.

I have visited their website thank you very much! lol. I am interviewing April 8. The website says 20k a semester. Does that mean the whole year is a semester or half year? Of course a semester is usually the spring or Fall but, this would make it would make it 40K a year and 160K total which seems crazy. Thats why I was asking if the tuition was 160K total.

Anybody interviewing April 9th? I hope there are spots still available

I am sorry to hear that. Did u get a rejection letter or the postcard?

I got a postard from one of the students soon after the interview thanking me for coming. Then about a week later....a letter in the mail saying thanks, but no thanks. I have emailed them for specifics as to why, but they have not gotten back with me.

Ill see you there as well. R u getting nervous?

Not really, Ive been to one other interview and it was not bad... I am kinda worried however, because this interview is supposed to last over one hour! But Regis is my 3rd choice school so im not too nervous. This will change on my flight there though. Good luck to you!:)

Are there any P1 students on SDN that can give us an idea of what Regis is like? The studying, teachers, campus, quality, and overall is it a good school and if given the chance would you go again or choose another school?

i'm also going to interview on april 8th >_<

which is really surprising since i didn't really expect to get past the applications for any of the schools i applied to. (i have a low gpa >_< but i'm working on it)

**really nervous**

Hey guys,
I interviewed at Regis and the process is exactly as described on the school website. The day started at 730 and ended at 3.
Check-in (sign-in, pick up your info packet, and they take your picture) and breakfast (they fed us!). and the Dean describes the rest of the day which has three parts (the order depends on what group you are in).

Tour of the campus: Exactly what it sounds like. They took us to the library, a couple of the class rooms, the lounge, the gym, and some other places. I got the feeling that we were still being evaluated while on the tour. Ask questions! My group asked about sports, history of the campus, Jesuit history, and more.
Essay: One hour to write up to a two-page, double space essay. You get to chose from three topics. Topics came from the MCAT writing samples. The objectives were the same as the MCAT ones, except you do not have to explain the chosen statement in your own words (the first objective).
MMI (multiple mini interviews): 8 topics and 9 interviewers (1 topic had two people interviewing me, both were current students)

Lunch with the faculty: At this point we were told the interview was over and to relax, but the current students told us to "not let our guard down". Just behave yourself and try to engage others in conversation.
TBL exercise: We were given a one-page article to read, then took a quiz on the article, and then took the quiz as a group. After that we took another quiz as a group. These quizzes were not graded (they were fun to do though).

ALL the guys wore suits.
MMI: The people who will interview you will have a range of personalities. Some are really friendly while others are hard to read. I did not worry too much about this. Instead, I tried to come up with a complete, coherent response to the topic. On some topics I finished my response quickly and then the interviewer would ask me things about me. Remember that you only have up to 6 minutes and that time passes quickly. So make your response brief and to the point.
MMI topics (as best as I can remember):
1] Why do you want to go to pharmacy school?
2] Students at your school are protesting something and have arranged a sit-in in one of the administration buildings. This has halted school activities. Do you think that they have a right to protest this way?
3] You have an illegal imigrant working for you. You are friends with this person. She has to return to her country to care for her ailing mother. What do you do and how do you feel about the situation?
4] A good movie always has a moral lesson. Do you agree with this statement?
5] You arrive at your destination at 12am the day of an important business appointment. The airlines lost your luggage (which had your suit) and all you have on is sweat pants and a jacket. How do you explain this situation to the interviewer? Can you rectify the situation?
6] Faculty from another school will be arriving at your campus in two weeks. You are given the task to plan for their visit. They want to know about your school and how it operates. What do you do?

That's all I can remember right now.

ALL the guys wore suits.
MMI: The people who will interview you will have a range of personalities. Some are really friendly while others are hard to read. I did not worry too much about this. Instead, I tried to come up with a complete, coherent response to the topic. On some topics I finished my response quickly and then the interviewer would ask me things about me. Remember that you only have up to 6 minutes and that time passes quickly. So make your response brief and to the point.
MMI topics (as best as I can remember):
1] Why do you want to go to pharmacy school?
2] Students at your school are protesting something and have arranged a sit-in in one of the administration buildings. This has halted school activities. Do you think that they have a right to protest this way?
3] You have an illegal imigrant working for you. You are friends with this person. She has to return to her country to care for her ailing mother. What do you do and how do you feel about the situation?
4] A good movie always has a moral lesson. Do you agree with this statement?
5] You arrive at your destination at 12am the day of an important business appointment. The airlines lost your luggage (which had your suit) and all you have on is sweat pants and a jacket. How do you explain this situation to the interviewer? Can you rectify the situation?
6] Faculty from another school will be arriving at your campus in two weeks. You are given the task to plan for their visit. They want to know about your school and how it operates. What do you do?

That's all I can remember right now.

Thank you!! very helpful advice.

Hope you guys don't mind me posting so much. The interview day started at 730 and ended at 3. I got the feeling (I could just be paranoid about this) that we were being scrutinized THE WHOLE time (even during the tour). This is because the entire time there was always faculty and/or currents students with us. That said, I still enjoyed my time there (is it weird to have fun at an interview?) and everyone was pretty nice.

Contratulations to those who go in! Thank you for your responses for the interview. I have one coming up on the 8th. I have been reading this thread but I couldnt find anything about trasportation from airport to hotel/regis. The e-mail had some special offers for free shuttle service to/from regis but no offers about airport. Did you guys take the cab?

I got invited for an interview this thursday april 8 but not sure if i want to go because of the tuition. Is it about 40K per year? anyone know Regis tuition?

so is april 8th the last interview day?? does anybody know?

I got invited for an interview this thursday april 8 but not sure if i want to go because of the tuition. Is it about 40K per year? anyone know Regis tuition?

I decided to skip my interview on April 8. 40K per year plus 20K for living expenses. Thats roughly $240,000 for 4 years!! Thats the kind of debt doctors get.

first off, good luck to all the interviewees. i hope you enjoy your visit to denver.

for those of you who have decided to attend regis... what are you planning on doing about financial aid and housing?!?!?

I am under the impression that the tuition for Fall 2010 is $17,702 per the Regis website. This includes lab fees, technology fees, and also includes copying service. Also, I believe that public transportation is included. Could you please clarify where you saw the $40,000 per year. I realize that health insurance is extra as with most schools. Thank you in advance.

I am under the impression that the tuition for Fall 2010 is $17,702 per the Regis website. This includes lab fees, technology fees, and also includes copying service. Also, I believe that public transportation is included. Could you please clarify where you saw the $40,000 per year. I realize that health insurance is extra as with most schools. Thank you in advance.

$17.7K is for one semester....so $35.4K/year not including health insurance, housing, other costs of living, etc.

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow (and to those who interviewed today)! Anyone from the 3/26 interview hear back yet?