Regis University anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dax774

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to interview at Regis on 2/4?

Members don't see this ad.

go with UC .. a lot of people in the pharmacy community in denver disrespect regis :p

Why is that? Is there anything in particular that makes the school bad? I mean it is a new school and they are in their first year afterall.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's a new school and it's also a private school. people in private schools tend to think they're better than everyone else.

go with UC .. a lot of people in the pharmacy community in denver disrespect regis :p

I'm familiar with Regis University. It's a good school. Well respected.

My sister went to Regis' PT program - and that doctorate program is nationally ranked. I'm guessing their pharmd program will be just as good.

Last edited:
I am a first year pharmacy student at Regis. I really am enjoying the program and the school in general. Everyone is very friendly! It is a private school, but I have not heard of anyone in the pharmacy or medical field in general saying that the program or the school is bad. As a matter of fact, we have deans from many different pharmacy and medical schools around the country come to observe our program because it is so inovative and unique. For all the interviewees coming to Regis in the next few weeks we can't wait to meet you! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :)

I don't know anything about this university, but I got a postcard from them in the mail the other day. Don't know how they got my info, but there's my two cents. haha

I kind of misspoke , i meant it doesnt have an established reputation in the area clinics or hospitals for students as far as rotating students, experiential sites, etc. Its definitely a legit school as far as quality, im sure.

we have deans from many different pharmacy and medical schools around the country come to observe our program because it is so inovative and unique. :)

That's ironic because my friend who interview at Northstate,CA (CNCP) states that the dean said, quote, Northstate emphasizes on TBL- Regis is a new school, they are also doing the TBL. They saw what we were doing and how it is different from other programs; end quote. I'll just stop there. Would it be the other way around? Regis came to Northstate and observe and brought the idea back to their program? Just a thought, don't bash me. Btw, the dean from Northstate knows your Regis's dean very well that what my frind told me.

That's ironic because my friend who interview at Northstate,CA (CNCP) states that the dean said, quote, Northstate emphasizes on TBL- Regis is a new school, they are also doing the TBL. They saw what we were doing and how it is different from other programs; end quote. I'll just stop there. Would it be the other way around? Regis came to Northstate and observe and brought the idea back to their program? Just a thought, don't bash me. Btw, the dean from Northstate knows your Regis's dean very well that what my frind told me.

Yep, these two schools are both doing TBL. Regis is doing integrated subject TBL where Northstate is doing separate subject TBL. I am sure both schools are receiving attention for their TBL style of teaching. The deans from both schools are in close contact I am sure to collaborate on ideas. I am not really sure what you are trying to say. Why would anyone be 'bashing' you for your statement?

I kind of misspoke , i meant it doesnt have an established reputation in the area clinics or hospitals for students as far as rotating students, experiential sites, etc. Its definitely a legit school as far as quality, im sure.

That's one of the great things about Regis' program. It is our first year, second semester, and we are already assigned to and are rotating through hospital pharmacies. Most pharmacy programs do not offer clinical experience till the second or third year, and sometimes not until your fourth year rotation assignments.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a P2 at Northstate and yes, Regis sent a representative last year to watch us perform TBL..Northstate opened a year before Regis so they were the ones that came to us, not us go to them :)

I am a P2 at Northstate and yes, Regis sent a representative last year to watch us perform TBL..Northstate opened a year before Regis so they were the ones that came to us, not us go to them :)

I'm not really sure why this got brought up or why it matters? Neither school invented the concept of TBL. There are few school who use it, only two pharmacy schools, and this style of learning seems to be a very effective teaching method & in the future it will probably be utilized by more & more universities. It does take some getting used to though as most people have not experienced this style of learning. :D

Exactly. TBL is a learning style. Northstate didn't invent the concept.
Some med schools use it. It is innovative.

You can't actually have an established reputation until students have an opportunity for rotations. Since they're new, kinda hard to have that established, don't you think??

what is the major differences between a TBL and a normal teaching style? I really dont know anything about TBL. can you give me maybe an example of this?

Anyone knows how many interviews does Regis still have left?

February 4, 2010, March 18, 2010, March 19, 2010, March 26, 2010, April 8, 2010 and April 9, 2010.
(Obtained directly from there website)

When is it to be expected of an invite for interviews? I've been notify that my supplement app and PharmCAS app was recieved way back in december. Is it maybe b/c they will not invite me if I have yet to hear from them about an interview?

I don't know anything about this university, but I got a postcard from them in the mail the other day. Don't know how they got my info, but there's my two cents. haha

Same here! It sure looks pretty with those mountains in the background.

I am a first year pharmacy student at Regis. I really am enjoying the program and the school in general. Everyone is very friendly! It is a private school, but I have not heard of anyone in the pharmacy or medical field in general saying that the program or the school is bad. As a matter of fact, we have deans from many different pharmacy and medical schools around the country come to observe our program because it is so inovative and unique. For all the interviewees coming to Regis in the next few weeks we can't wait to meet you! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :)

hey! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Regis. I have an interview there this week and I can't wait! I would love to get in there and be able to go to school in Denver. What sort of questions do they ask during the MMI's? I heard they're pretty random like "what is your favorite author", I was wondering if you remember any others. Also do you remember any of the topics for the writing section? I'd really appreciate any info you can give me, I really really want to go to Regis and am so nervous for their interview process. Thanks!

This is so great to hear from someone that is attending Regis! How are you enjoying the TBL? Could you elaborate more on what you do exactly in TBL or what a regular school day is like since it's such a new concept and all? Were you an instate applicant and do you mind if I ask about your stats and how the whole interview process went? Sorry to bombard you with questions :) but I'm very interested in this school and was happy to hear that they started a pharmacy program.

This is so great to hear from someone that is attending Regis! How are you enjoying the TBL? Could you elaborate more on what you do exactly in TBL or what a regular school day is like since it's such a new concept and all? Were you an instate applicant and do you mind if I ask about your stats and how the whole interview process went? Sorry to bombard you with questions :) but I'm very interested in this school and was happy to hear that they started a pharmacy program.

Agreed!! I would love to hear more about it... How is it different from regular... Do they grade you as a group as well?? It sounds like a great school to me, plus Denver is such a beautiful area!

So back to my intial question, anyone going to the Feb. 4 interview?

hey! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Regis. I have an interview there this week and I can't wait! I would love to get in there and be able to go to school in Denver. What sort of questions do they ask during the MMI's? I heard they're pretty random like "what is your favorite author", I was wondering if you remember any others. Also do you remember any of the topics for the writing section? I'd really appreciate any info you can give me, I really really want to go to Regis and am so nervous for their interview process. Thanks!

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that the interview process although very nerve racking will also be really fun and interesting. There are 8 short interview questions and they range from subjects like your hobbies to ethical dilemas. The school is really nice and so are all the people here. Again, the students and faculty are really excited to meet you! Remember, you were selected for an interview because you are qualified :)

TBL is a really great way of learning. It does take some getting used to. We have generally no lectures. Learning a subject basically stems from reading material and discussing that material with a group of about 5 students. I really enjoy the way the program is set up. I was an out of state applicant and I had about average to the stats listed on Regis' website. :D

I am from the Denver area as well. I have never heard any disrespect for Regis...yes, its private and unlike the East coast that is no that common out here but I don't think that makes anyone think badly of the people attending the University.

I was interviewed here on the 4th and loved how much the students and faculty cared about everyone. It was 100% different than any other interview I have been on. I assume that the care continues into the curriculum and feel that Regis would be a good choice for anyone who is sick of (or didn't thrive in) the normal lecture-based plan utilized by most universities.

I was very, very impressed.

I just got an invite to interview there on March 18th.

I got my acceptance call yesterday. :thumbup:
Good luck to those waiting to interview and congrats to those accepted.

I got my acceptance call today, too!
I know its already been said-- but good luck to those still waiting
And congrats to those accepted!!

I got my acceptance call yesterday (I missed it though and heard the voice mail instead :(). For those who are curious, they are interviewing 324 students this year and accepting 75.

For current Regis students, I was wondering if you could go into some of the reasons why you'd pick this school over others (besides the innovative TBL). For one, there is no dorm for pharmacy students. What is the typical rate for apartments? Also since there's only two pharmacy schools in Colorado, is it easier to find internship position? Thanks!

I got an interview invite yesterday, I am going to be there on March 19th!

I just received my acceptance email :soexcited:. I am more than happy. Congrats to all those accepted.

Last edited:
I got an interview invite for march 19th! :) Who is flying in from out of state?

I got an email that told me I could bring my spouse along with me for the interview process and she could go around the campus and see some of the interview process. Has anyone done this and what was your experience like? We have a toddler and would have to get a babysitter but it might be a good thing for me because my wife would probably make a better impression then me.

Guests dont really see any of the interview process they get taken on a tour and i believe a presentation. There were a lot of guests there wehn i interviewed last month

Hi mletter,

Thanks for your input as a current student at Regis. I have a ton of questions for you and hope you don't mind sharing your thoughts =).

So you are the very first class then that will graduate from Regis PharmD? How did you make the decision to go their knowing that Regis was Pre-Candidate for the ACPE? Did you have other acceptances from fully accredited schools? Do you have any worries that Regis will not become fully accredited?

Any help/guidance is appreciated. I would love to go here and think it sounds great but am a bit apprehensive about the fact that it is not fully accredited. THANKS!!!! :D

I am in quite a dilemma.. I am debating whether I should take on this interview invite, the problem is I haven't been accepted anywhere, one school I still am waiting for a decision and its been like 2 months, and my top choice has waitlisted me. Also going to Regis U. Interview will cost me about $500, and so I am questioning whether I will even have a decent chance of getting accepted at Regis U because there are over 300 interviewees and only 75 will get accepted.

In addition, my top choice is instate and the tuition is incredibly cheaper than out of state. If I wait a year, work on a b.s. and reapply to my instate, I will graduate with around 60,000 debt. Not including housing, and if I go to Regis U I will be 120,000 in debt. Not including housing, books, ect. What do you guys think it the better decision? Should I just decline the interview, since I probably won't get accepted? The chances are kind of low because of how many applicants they have imo.

Hi mletter,

Thanks for your input as a current student at Regis. I have a ton of questions for you and hope you don't mind sharing your thoughts =).

So you are the very first class then that will graduate from Regis PharmD? How did you make the decision to go their knowing that Regis was Pre-Candidate for the ACPE? Did you have other acceptances from fully accredited schools? Do you have any worries that Regis will not become fully accredited?

Any help/guidance is appreciated. I would love to go here and think it sounds great but am a bit apprehensive about the fact that it is not fully accredited. THANKS!!!! :D

Hello! Well let's see, I chose to come to Regis mostly because I really liked the campus, the faculty, the way the program is set up, and the area. I had acceptance offers from other pharmacy schools, but I just really liked Regis the best. As far as the accreditation goes, I am totally confident that the program will become fully accredited with no trouble at all. It's a great program. Hope to see you all soon for interviews! Best of luck! :thumbup:

I am in quite a dilemma.. I am debating whether I should take on this interview invite, the problem is I haven't been accepted anywhere, one school I still am waiting for a decision and its been like 2 months, and my top choice has waitlisted me. Also going to Regis U. Interview will cost me about $500, and so I am questioning whether I will even have a decent chance of getting accepted at Regis U because there are over 300 interviewees and only 75 will get accepted.

In addition, my top choice is instate and the tuition is incredibly cheaper than out of state. If I wait a year, work on a b.s. and reapply to my instate, I will graduate with around 60,000 debt. Not including housing, and if I go to Regis U I will be 120,000 in debt. Not including housing, books, ect. What do you guys think it the better decision? Should I just decline the interview, since I probably won't get accepted? The chances are kind of low because of how many applicants they have imo.

Have more confident in yourself! I would definitely attend the interview. The way I see it, more interviews, more chances of getting in. You will need to prepare well for it, stay positive and don't let any negativities affect your presentation at the interview. You've made it this far, don't give up!

Thank you so much. Yes that is true... I am trying not to give up, but it is so hard because this is my second year applying to schools. I've taken the pcat twice and both were low scores although I did score much better my second time. My gpa is great (no worries there). I am going to take your advice. I hope all goes well. Good luck to me and everyone else who has not been accepted anywhere (yet)! :)

Have more confident in yourself! I would definitely attend the interview. The way I see it, more interviews, more chances of getting in. You will need to prepare well for it, stay positive and don't let any negativities affect your presentation at the interview. You've made it this far, don't give up!

Another question for all: is Regis U rolling admissions, and if so does anyone know how many seats are left? :lame:

Hello! Well let's see, I chose to come to Regis mostly because I really liked the campus, the faculty, the way the program is set up, and the area. I had acceptance offers from other pharmacy schools, but I just really liked Regis the best. As far as the accreditation goes, I am totally confident that the program will become fully accredited with no trouble at all. It's a great program. Hope to see you all soon for interviews! Best of luck! :thumbup:

Thanks! Really appreciate the info from a current student. I noticed also on some threads from last year that there were concerns from many people getting student loans. Can you also give some insight to this? Were you able to get federal loans for the first year?

Thanks! Really appreciate the info from a current student. I noticed also on some threads from last year that there were concerns from many people getting student loans. Can you also give some insight to this? Were you able to get federal loans for the first year?

I had no problem getting student federal loans. Because the university is accredited, there's no problem receiving federal student loans to pay for school even though the program itself is not yet fully accredited. Hope that makes sense. :)

I was waiting for an invite for the longest time from them but unfortunately I will not be given one this year. Although I'm pretty disappointed, their rejection letter was the nicest one I've read!

I have an interview invite for March 26, but I won't be able to make it since I have another interview to go to. I have to reply by this Tuesday, can I call them to have the interview on another day? The bad thing about changing to a later date is my chance of getting accepted is lower since the school has rolling admission. :(