Regis University anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Regis sounds great but as far as I can tell, they are one of the most expensive schools in the country. Are they really worth it?:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Regis sounds great but as far as I can tell, they are one of the most expensive schools in the country. Are they really worth it?:eek:

Really? I think that the tuition is comparable to other private schools, or even out-of-state public schools, in what might be considered a "prime" living area.

Really? I think that the tuition is comparable to other private schools, or even out-of-state public schools, in what might be considered a "prime" living area.

Well, it is good to know I live in such a "prime" area!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it is good to know I live in such a "prime" area!!!!

Well duh! Anywhere the Real World has filmed can be considered a "prime" area. Haha! I'm sure that's how they decide their tuition cost!

for those who interviewed, how was the writing part? i was looking at the link they gave us about the format style and i was looking at the mcat topics and it seems hard. were the topics similar to the mcat topics they provided in the link?

for those who interviewed, how was the writing part? i was looking at the link they gave us about the format style and i was looking at the mcat topics and it seems hard. were the topics similar to the mcat topics they provided in the link?

the writing topics i had came directly from that site. its not too hard really. i think what they are looking for is an intro to the topic, a counter argument, and your view on the matter is the conclusion.

good luck!!

hey guys..i actually just submitted my app to regis on the day it was due, anyone here knows how long i have to wait til i hear back for an invite or decline?

hey guys..i actually just submitted my app to regis on the day it was due, anyone here knows how long i have to wait til i hear back for an invite or decline?

Hey there,

I submitted my supplemental on Feb. 8, they sent me an email on Feb. 9 that they received my fee/application, and on Feb. 11 I received an interview invitation.

Good luck!

anyone going to the March 18th interview?

Last edited:
any ladies going to the March 18th interview? holla back at me.

haha sorry to disappoint you IronMannnnnnnnnnn but I'm no lady. However, I will be attending the interview on March 18th. :smuggrin:

Anyway, I'm pretty nervous for the interview this week. Does anyone know or think that there are tons of seats left =/. And I hope they get accredited.

Hey there,

I submitted my supplemental on Feb. 8, they sent me an email on Feb. 9 that they received my fee/application, and on Feb. 11 I received an interview invitation.

Good luck!

congratulations..did they called or emailed you? well it's been two weeks since i submitted it, so that must mean i'm not getting an invitation :(

I applied right on the March 1st deadline. I got an email a few days later requesting my supplemental application and notifying that my letter of reference wasn't completed yet. By the next week, I was invited for an interview.

Seems like there's a lot of communication from them, and promptly as well.

I just feel like they probably give out a lot of interviews. :confused:

congratulations..did they called or emailed you? well it's been two weeks since i submitted it, so that must mean i'm not getting an invitation :(

They emailed me. You should call them or email them! Maybe check your spam folder too. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
who else is going this thursday, and where are you staying? did anyone rent a car?

I'll be there for the Thursday interview as well

Booo. I was originally scheduled for Thursday, but had to move it to the next day. I am so nervous! It's my first interview and a 7 hour flight for me.

Good luck to you guys! Let us know how it goes please. :)

I applied right on the March 1st deadline. I got an email a few days later requesting my supplemental application and notifying that my letter of reference wasn't completed yet. By the next week, I was invited for an interview.

congratulations...i still haven't heard anything from them and i applied the same day you did...there goes all my hope. Good luck with the interview

I just got an email for interview for April 9 yesterday. But I think I will be declining it.

hey bro, Do you mind if you share your stats. The same thing happened to me exactly til the week after for an interview. My professor submitted on Friday and now i am just waiting. Thanks

Hey everyone, I have an interview in 2 weeks. Does anyone know anything about the program? Any advise about the interview? Thanks guys :)

Wow I really enjoyed the interview!! The school is beautiful. I'm glad I got a chance to check it out yesterday when the day was beautiful and warm. But today there was a huge snow storm so unfortunately no tour :( the snow was beautiful too. Overall, I am impressed with the school, and can't wait to here back... How about everyone else that interviewed? I really liked how much effort they put into making our interview day such a pleasant experience. In addition, the TBL style also appeals to me, and looks like many of the current students agree, too. I definitely like it! :)

I submitted my application on the Friday before the due date (so Friday, February 26). I got an email on March 3 saying they received my application. On March 10 I received an interview invite via email.

I'll be going to Regis on Friday for my interview. Anyone else?

I also received an interview invite, which is scheduled to be on Thursday, April 8th. A question for those who have already interviewed..... What time did the interview day end? The last (cheapest) flight going to ATL is around 4:45-5:30 that day and wanted to know if I'll be able to make it to the airport on time or will I cut too close? Thanks in advance for any responses that you make have.

I also received an interview invite, which is scheduled to be on Thursday, April 8th. A question for those who have already interviewed..... What time did the interview day end? The last (cheapest) flight going to ATL is around 4:45-5:30 that day and wanted to know if I'll be able to make it to the airport on time or will I cut too close? Thanks in advance for any responses that you make have.

You should have plenty of time to make your flight. My flight back to LA was 5:30pm. The interview ends at around 3pm and it takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport if I remember correctly.

You should have plenty of time to make your flight. My flight back to LA was 5:30pm. The interview ends at around 3pm and it takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport if I remember correctly.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and book that flight then. :)

I just received an interview invite for April 8 as well. I will be driving though. Hope to see you there.

I tried to go onto the mcat website link to find the essay topics but couldn't find it anywhere. All I see are links to the mcat practice exams which I'd have to purchase. Did everyone purchase the sample tests to find the topics?

Thank you so much!

I just went through the huge list of topics. Wow! They're like
rebuttal essays which is much more difficult
than the pcat essay topics.

I noticed that it says that there are 3 writing tasks. Does that mean we would explain what the topic sentence mean in the intro, make a counter argument in the 2nd paragraph and then explain what we think in the 3rd paragraph? This writing sample doesn't look like the typical 5 paragraph essay that we would normally write...or is it?

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed on the 18th or 19th heard anything yet?

Has anybody received a phone call or acceptance after the 18th interviews?

Thanks

Nothing yet. Going crazy! Tomorrow is one week. I'm afraid to go to the mailbox each day.

Nothing yet...
However one of their students sent me a nice postcard. (What other school does something like that?! :D)

I'm so anxious!

Nothing yet...
However one of their students sent me a nice postcard. (What other school does something like that?! :D)

I'm so anxious!

My undergrad did once, but it was during the summer right before I started school. Then after school started, I found out that the girl who wrote the postcard is really cute :D

Nothing yet...

I'm so anxious!

I also got a postcard in the mail from a P1 student. Hopefully, we will hear from them by the end of the week. :xf:

I got a postcard too. It came two days after I was back home. I wish they made their decisions that fast. This is nerve wracking.

La Laker - Any word? My mother got a card today thanking her for being a guest but nothing for me. Now I'm getting worried!

Hello,
I just wanted to tell all the interviewees Good Luck tomorrow with interviews. Enjoy the day! :)

La Laker - Any word? My mother got a card today thanking her for being a guest but nothing for me. Now I'm getting worried!

Drfixit, Well I haven't heard anything too. My hubby also got a card from the dean thanking him for coming. Hopefully we should hear something today or early next week which will be almost two weeks. Still waiting, the waiting is terrible. All the best!!! Will let you know if I hear from them and you do the same ok.

I got a congratulations call from Dr. Sucher the other day! I interviewed on march 18th. Anyone else from group 1
got in??? Also, good luck to everyone else I'm sure they are calling more people shortly.

I interviewed on march 19th and also got a nice postcard from one of the pharmacy students! I haven't heard anything yet ! :) so nervous..

Congrats on the call. I wish that someone would call me.

I got a congratulations call from Dr. Sucher the other day! I interviewed on march 18th. Anyone else from group 1
got in??? Also, good luck to everyone else I'm sure they are calling more people shortly.

Hi, Congrats! Did you get a postcard? How did the interview go for you? Like on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being lowest and 10 being the best possible.

Congrats on the call. I wish that someone would call me.

What date did you interviewed and which group were you. I interviewed on the 18th and was in group 2, but have not heard anything yet. I got a postcard from a student and my hubby got one from the dean. Still waiting :xf:

Congrats! I am still waiting for my call lol.

I am so happy for you. when did you get the call? Congrats once again.

What date did you interviewed and which group were you. I interviewed on the 18th and was in group 2, but have not heard anything yet. I got a postcard from a student and my hubby got one from the dean. Still waiting :xf:

I interviewed on the 18th, I was in group 1. I also got a postcard. The waiting is tough!! I did not figure they'd make calls today, since there is a group interviewing today. Holding out hope for next week!! :xf: