Regis University anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an invite via email May 15th

Members don't see this ad.

got an invite to regis for may 15, but ive been accepted to UNE and Husson. what do you guys think, regis worth the trip??

anyone going on may 15 want to meet up beforehand??

I wouldn't let Regis's accreditation status make your decision. The institution has a great reputation, and the school stands to lose a lot of money and considerable "cred" if the accreditation falls through. Nothing I have seen out of the University, either in their pharmacy program or elsewhere, leads me to doubt they will be fully accredited in 2013.

Plus, the idea of being in on the ground floor of a program with a small class size is pretty appealing... know all the profs, direct input on curricula and such...

I agree about accreditation, IF(IF{IF[IF]}) Regis does not get pre-candidate status, I would suspect everyone would get their money back. The University has a long trusted history, even if the SOP is new. Once that happens, you can bet on it getting candidate status. NO SCHOOL has ever failed to get candidate status after making it to precandidate. the accreding board, ACPE, really does not want to hurt students. They simply will not let a school get pre-candidate unless they are CERTAIN they will make candidate status.

the comment on "direct input on curricula..." would apply to faculty really and not students so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im declining my invite too risky with the accreditation status, and private loan interest is a killer.

Im declining my invite too risky with the accreditation status, and private loan interest is a killer.

Since the school itself is accredited, you don't have to get private loans. You can qualify for regular federal school loans.

Since the school itself is accredited, you don't have to get private loans. You can qualify for regular federal school loans.

Yes, but as a 2+4 program, the first year is considered undergraduate, which limits how much you can get in Stafford loans, especially if you are an independent. You become a grad student after the first year, but at $16K/semester, one year of private loans can be pricey. If cost is an issue, you might want to consider another (cheaper) program. If that's an option available to you.

I agree about accreditation, IF(IF{IF[IF]}) Regis does not get pre-candidate status, I would suspect everyone would get their money back. The University has a long trusted history, even if the SOP is new. Once that happens, you can bet on it getting candidate status. NO SCHOOL has ever failed to get candidate status after making it to precandidate. the accreding board, ACPE, really does not want to hurt students. They simply will not let a school get pre-candidate unless they are CERTAIN they will make candidate status.

the comment on "direct input on curricula..." would apply to faculty really and not students so much.

They led us to believe in the interview that students would be very involved in helping develop the program. No, they won't be able to pick what classes are offered, but they should have a great deal of sculpting influence in how those classes are taught, especially with a class of only 50 (at the most - sounds like they're having trouble getting that many!).

Is there anyway to estimate how many students that have been accepted to Regis are indeed going to Regis? AKA How far off are they from getting the class size of 50 that they want?

got an invite to regis for may 15, but ive been accepted to UNE and Husson. what do you guys think, regis worth the trip??

anyone going on may 15 want to meet up beforehand??

I got an invite for May 15 as well. So, you've been accepted to UNE? I got interview there on the April 17th, still anxiously waiting. I hope to hear something news by the end of this week, or earliest of next week.

Is there anyway to estimate how many students that have been accepted to Regis are indeed going to Regis? AKA How far off are they from getting the class size of 50 that they want?

Someone should ask this at their interview on the 15th. You know who's sweating this one? The wait list.

I accepted the interview invite for May 15th and then another email was sent to me stating that this interview is set up only for people to get on the wait list. The end of the email stated that they think a lot of people will be accepted even from the wait list... I guess we will see.

I accepted the interview as well for May 15th and received the same email. I'm flying in from Texas, so i hope it's worth the trip! Brian seems to really think several spaces will open up...but i agree that "we'll just have to see."

I accepted the interview as well for May 15th and received the same email. I'm flying in from Texas, so i hope it's worth the trip! Brian seems to really think several spaces will open up...but i agree that "we'll just have to see."

The fact that they are trying to add on to the wait list should tell you something about how much wait list is left to go through. You should try to find out if you get put on the bottom of the list or if you have the chance to jump ahead of people who are currently on the wait list. It might make a difference if you didn't have to wait for those alternates to go first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think attending Regis would be pritty fun. It's their first class, the class size is small, the school's nice and so are the staff. I think it would be a low stress and high quality learning environment. Not to mention it would be fun to live in Denver. The financial aid situation really isn't that much of a dilema, with the first year as an undergrad and all. The main thing to wait and see on is the accredidation status. Once that goes through I think the school will quickly gain in pharmacy school rankings...

After your interview at Regis, how long did it take to hear feedback?

After your interview at Regis, how long did it take to hear feedback?

thesteve, did you get in? I received the rejection letter one week after my interview, by regular mail. I am local, so probably add a day or two if you're out-of-state. I know one person who got called within two days of his interview with an acceptance.

thesteve, did you get in? I received the rejection letter one week after my interview, by regular mail. I am local, so probably add a day or two if you're out-of-state. I know one person who got called within two days of his interview with an acceptance.

Yea, I heard back via phone call that I got in.

All that already had an interview at Regis -

What time did you get out of the interview? Also, how far is Regis from the airport?

I am trying to schedule a flight leaving Denver on Friday, and needed to know the earliest flight I could take.

Thanks!

All that already had an interview at Regis -

What time did you get out of the interview? Also, how far is Regis from the airport?

I am trying to schedule a flight leaving Denver on Friday, and needed to know the earliest flight I could take.

Thanks!

I want to say we were done around 3 or 3:30. I think a 6 p.m. flight is reasonable.

got an invite today for 15th of may for the waitlist spot ,,, oh well once i get into my other ones, then im not going for this one!!!:xf:

I'm getting worried my interview was the 20th and I haven't heard yet :(

I'm getting worried my interview was the 20th and I haven't heard yet :(

Hang in there. A coworker of mine interviewed that day as well and he says they were told it would be 2 weeks. He has yet to hear from them as well.

lsexie-

what other schools did you apply/waiting for?

I haven't heard anything yet either from the interview on the 20th...??

lsexie-

what other schools did you apply/waiting for?
i interviewed at
belmont (waitlisted)
univ of charleston,
lipscomb (sending letters out on may 1st:xf:) and
college of notre dame

once i get lipscomb which is my first choice or any of the others den i aint going to the interview :D

well that's a relief. I am glad I am not the only one :) I don't think that April 20th interview was for the wait-list.

All April 20th people keep me posted if you hear anything.

I accepted may 15th interview as well. Those who already interviewed, would you mind share the concept of the writing portion. Any advice/idea about the MMIs...I really don't know what to prepare for this interview. Thanks!

I accepted may 15th interview as well. Those who already interviewed, would you mind share the concept of the writing portion. Any advice/idea about the MMIs...I really don't know what to prepare for this interview. Thanks!

For the writing portion you get a choice of I think 4 questions. The questions are just like those that you would see in any other interview day pharmacy writing sample. The big difference would be that they have you write your essay on a computer.

well that's a relief. I am glad I am not the only one :) I don't think that April 20th interview was for the wait-list.

All April 20th people keep me posted if you hear anything.

good luck :thumbup:! well, i hope that means those of us interviewing on the 15 will be first on the waitlist :xf:

So any of you that were accepted into Regis, mind sharing your GPA, whether or not you have a 4-year degree or not, your PCAT scores, work experience?
I am trying to figure out whether or not I have a pretty good chance of getting on the waitlist (and perhaps getting in).

I have a 4-year degree in Biology, 3 years working experience in the pharmaceutical field post degree and many years working as a Pharm. Tech during school, my Cumulative GPA is a 3.0 :mad: and I took the PCAT a while back - so I don't quite remember what I got.

If I get in, it is going to mean a lot of big changes fast... 1. Sell the house 2. Find husband a job 3. Find reliable childcare 4. Move across the country 5. Find new place to live... Alot of big things in a short amount of time (3 months).

Thanks a bunch!

Scroll up in the thread for advice on MMIs. The writing portion is pretty straightforward - questions that have no "right" answer but examine your ability to address a question and argue a point as well as your ability to communicate in writing. Having a computer to use was nice!

So any of you that were accepted into Regis, mind sharing your GPA, whether or not you have a 4-year degree or not, your PCAT scores, work experience?
I am trying to figure out whether or not I have a pretty good chance of getting on the waitlist (and perhaps getting in).

I have a 4-year degree in Biology, 3 years working experience in the pharmaceutical field post degree and many years working as a Pharm. Tech during school, my Cumulative GPA is a 3.0 :mad: and I took the PCAT a while back - so I don't quite remember what I got.

If I get in, it is going to mean a lot of big changes fast... 1. Sell the house 2. Find husband a job 3. Find reliable childcare 4. Move across the country 5. Find new place to live... Alot of big things in a short amount of time (3 months).

Thanks a bunch!

Did you apply anywhere else, and if so, what did you hear from them?

I got rejected by Regis, which is a bit of a puzzler because I have a 3.55 GPA and a 99 PCAT. I think they're weighing the interview and pharmacy experience more heavily. Also, I was missing a few of their pre-reqs, but it was stuff like sociology and psychology.

I would expect 2. will be the hardest one. What is his career field?

Thanks a bunch!

Whoa! Maybe you should apply next cycle and give yourself some more time!

I officially declined my acceptance today. I hope my spot ends up in one of your hands. :luck:

My husband is a Deputy Sheriff. He has already looked some.

charfdorn - I applied to Campbell and was rejected! When I was completing my undergrad I applied there too, had interviews and was placed on the waitlist back in 2004 and 2005 I think.

cdhoward - Thanks! Are you planning on going to Wingate then? We are from NC. My husband really likes it here.... The beach and the Mountains are a day trip if you want to. But the summers get really HOT! Good Luck!

cdhoward - Thanks! Are you planning on going to Wingate then? We are from NC. My husband really likes it here.... The beach and the Mountains are a day trip if you want to. But the summers get really HOT! Good Luck!

As for now, I have not declined my seat at Wingate. I'm waiting on official paperwork from Sullivan before I give up my seat (and the abnormally large deposit).

Did you apply anywhere else, and if so, what did you hear from them?

I got rejected by Regis, which is a bit of a puzzler because I have a 3.55 GPA and a 99 PCAT. I think they're weighing the interview and pharmacy experience more heavily. Also, I was missing a few of their pre-reqs, but it was stuff like sociology and psychology.

I would expect 2. will be the hardest one. What is his career field?

I'm also missing psych and sociology although i will be taking @ least one of those in maymester. Your stats sound really good - your PCAT is much higher than mine. How do you think you did on the interview? And how much pharm. experience do you have?

I'm also missing psych and sociology although i will be taking @ least one of those in maymester. Your stats sound really good - your PCAT is much higher than mine. How do you think you did on the interview? And how much pharm. experience do you have?

At the time, I thought the interview went well, but I'm second guessing that now, especially the essay portion. I have zero pharm experience, which is ultimately what cost me. I also wonder if they now wish they had waitlisted me, since they added this extra interview date. It wouldn't have made a difference, but they don't know that.

Has anyone heard back from the April 17th interview?

April 20th? If so then No, I haven't heard anything...I was wondering what was going on with that...Its been over 2 weeks and I talked to a girl in Cali that was there and she got her letter about a week ago.

So, was it this last interview that was only for the waitlist, or is the only for the waitlist interview happening sometime this month? BTW, persistence pays off. For all those hoping to get in keep the faith. :)

As far as I know, the interview scheduled for May 15th is only for waitlist. So the prior interview, could have been for both.

Thanks Spamm1e! Good luck to you too! Yeah the April 20th interview was for acceptance, but I believe that they call the people who are accepted to tell them and there has been no call so thats why I am hoping for the waitlist!

Has anyone been invited for the May 22nd interview? I am wondering if they will still have that one... since the May 15th is for wait list only... How many wait list positions are they going to give out????