Recommended Medical Schools for NRI's in Karnataka & Kerala

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aussie indian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!

I just have a few more questions (I apologise in advance for the stupid ones) :p

1) Im pretty keen on applying to schools within Karnataka and especially within Kerala. It would be awesome if anyone had any information they could share with me on medical schools that they would recommend within both states, and that may also be popular with NRI's. There is alot of info. on med schools in Karnataka, especially the Bangalore area such as KIMS, MS RAMAIAH AND ST. JOHNS (which is where I am looking), as well as other schools such as KMC MANIPAL. However I haven't come about much information on med schools in Kerala. I'm especially looking at schools within the areas of Kottayam/Kochi/Ernakulam such as Kottayam Medical College, Co-operative Medical College, etc.

2) Some of the schools I mentioned in Kerala are Gov. Schools. Though is there any way of applying for them under an NRI/Management quota or similar means? (Besides sitting the CET)

3) Does anyone have any accurate/estimate figures for 'donations' for any of the above schools, or any others that you would recommend?

4) PLEASE feel free to share any experiences/tips you'd have especially in dealing with the language barrier/cultural differences. I dont think i should have too many issues with the culture, but I may have some issues with language. :scared: Are there any people that came to India without being fluent in the local language, or do you know many students who were in a similar situation? How did you/they cope?

Cheers! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: