Rearview Mirror: Match Day 2008 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me do the dirty work, then come in for the glory

There isn't much interesting going on...

Members don't see this ad.

Whooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Page!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
She's getting mad now, cause she's making address lists for the wedding invitations, and I'm padding on rearview mirror...

Believe it or not, she doesn't think these two are equally important...

I'm surprised you didn't make it a point to meet up.

oh, we will hang out again when she gets back in the area, or I will kick her butt! :mad:

Thanks. I am incredibly excited. And a teeny bit nervous. :eek:

you will fit right in. The faculty to there were SO much fun, I didn't even notice there weren't any residents! You will be so happy! :D

HEY, no fair! You said you WEREN'T going to UCSF when I submitted my ROL. I specifically asked you, and you switched on me at the last minute! :mad: I am actually very sad to not be part of that new program, esp now that I know you are there.

Now you definitely have to buy me a drink in SF. :smuggrin:

It just happened last week. I wasn't going to go there. But Susan Promes is an amazing force and made me an offer I absolutely couldn't refuse. :)

I am going to the the assistant residency director and director of medical student education. :D I can't wait.

I will DEFINITELY buy you a drink.

Sadly need to go to sleep soon so I can get up and go to class again in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
But oddly, I am enjoying class for the first time in a long time.

Drinking in the new town tonight. Looking for houses tomorrow.

Fun stuff. You must be literally just drinking in the new town and not out on the town to be padding...

surely there is someone around that can carry on a conversation for a little bit... or at least make some funny pads. I need to be entertained while I am trying to get sleepy enough for bed.

surely there is someone around that can carry on a conversation for a little bit... or at least make some funny pads. I need to be entertained while I am trying to get sleepy enough for bed.

Hang on, let me hook up the webcam.

Or not.

It just happened last week. I wasn't going to go there. But Susan Promes is an amazing force and made me an offer I absolutely couldn't refuse. :)

I am going to the the assistant residency director and director of medical student education. :D I can't wait.

I will DEFINITELY buy you a drink.

WOWSA!!! Congratulations big time! :eek::thumbup::cool:

Isn't Susan Promes wonderful??? :love:

It's funny 'cause when you said SF this is what I pictured you doing, but it was Kaiser. Turns out I was right all along! ;)

I should go to bed.

ta-da! :D

hubby gets a little mad when I stay up on the computer instead of going to bed, but I am a night owl...

I can't believe 2 of the padders are online at this time. Usually no one is on by the time I come around (if I actually study all day like I should).

hubby gets a little mad when I stay up on the computer instead of going to bed, but I am a night owl...

I understand the night owl bit. But it bites my butt in the morning. Every morning. You'd think I would learn by now.

:hello:

How do you all keep the names straight? I would think even after 10 interviews you would be mixed up. Do you write their names down right away?

Wow..even dukes made it on here.

yay, I am already on the residency website as a "MD"!!! :D

How do you all keep the names straight? I would think even after 10 interviews you would be mixed up. Do you write their names down right away?

I think most of us only remember the ones that impressed us the most (or at least I do!)

Wow..even dukes made it on here.

Yeah man, the transition from vacation life (skiing in Alta, jealous of the Utah residents) to school life involves a transition back to SDN (much to the chagrin of the fiance...see earlier on this page for a full explanation...

Though now that I think of it I remember all the PDs - they were awesome!

Deathstar is KaiserPermanente.

(or the colloquialism for LifeStar, the UT helicopter service)

For the record, I ran into Sweet Tea tonight.
She still thinks I'm stalking her.

Though now that I think of it I remember all the PDs - they were awesome!

I would assume that awesomness is somewhat a requirement for PD-hood, seeing as how your residents have to like and get along with you more so than the other faculty.

Yeah man, the transition from vacation life (skiing in Alta, jealous of the Utah residents) to school life involves a transition back to SDN (much to the chagrin of the fiance...see earlier on this page for a full explanation...

Ya I saw. 2 of you can't work on addresses at the same time can you?

I guess that makes 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.