Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B04PeopleTripleFalls001.jpg

I wonder if I can claim the page topper in both rvm threads?

Members don't see this ad.

its bad when you have to pad during your lunch hour

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we are doing well keeping both threads going too. Its just going to be interesting to keep the stories straight once the big pad sessions get started up.

Thanks for all the compliments on the relationship stuff rose! It's hard, but worth it. I feel like I can talk to him about anything, and that's what I need right now (and probably forever too). Always good to have someone around that gets you.

One more to make it even...

Oh and I just realized how many interviews you have already h24g, congrats! You are now my idol.

:barf:

Spent the whole rainy, cold, miserable day taking Step2CK. And my reward for finishing is starting my Medicine SubI on Monday. bleh.

...and who's idea was it to add a whole additional block of questions compared to Step1? 8 hours - honestly, Is that necessary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I just learned the joy of post-padding.

Annoying exam + empty apartment + beer = +pad+

So chumbo. Published? Do tell.

finishing up some data collected on MVAs and the effects on patients of different body types in relation to point of impact...i really didnt do much but review charts and interview patients, but i guess the faculty is helping me out a little;)

and only 1 interview so far, and 2 rejections...we cant all be superstars:smuggrin:

Welcome to Rearview! Consider this the premiere thread for posting about your match woes, Camel! :D

ours is
1-top of the class (like top 2%)
2-outstanding
3. excellent to outstanding
4. excellent (most of the class)
5. very good (25 percentile)
6. good (bottom scrapers)

I think this type of wording is the norm. We won't get to know our adjective until next week and a committee votes on it, you?

i feel honored to be part of such a prestigious thread : )

our dean's letters got mailed to us early in october, we can suggest revisions and send it back to the dean/committee. just got it back this week to proofread for mistakes, content, grammatical, or otherwise. takes the suspense out of it, but i like this way of doing it, doesn't make things so exciting which is not a bad thing

Oh and I just realized how many interviews you have already h24g, congrats! You are now my idol.

thanks, but I think Universe_Explorer and his crownies are kicking my butt in that department! :laugh:

i feel honored to be part of such a prestigious thread : )

our dean's letters got mailed to us early in october, we can suggest revisions and send it back to the dean/committee. just got it back this week to proofread for mistakes, content, grammatical, or otherwise. takes the suspense out of it, but i like this way of doing it, doesn't make things so exciting which is not a bad thing

oh so you get your rank and everything? We get to edit, but the last line is like "Hard24Get will be a _______ candidate for her chosen field of Emergency Medicine" :rolleyes:

oh so you get your rank and everything? We get to edit, but the last line is like "Hard24Get will be a _______ candidate for her chosen field of Emergency Medicine" :rolleyes:

So you filled in the blank for them right?

I did something similar... except I did step 2 CK Wendesday, Step 2 CS Friday, Medicine Sub-I Monday...

BUT they are alllll done now... THANK YOU GOD!

:barf:

Spent the whole rainy, cold, miserable day taking Step2CK. And my reward for finishing is starting my Medicine SubI on Monday. bleh.

Up late again I see. I didn't even nap today so that I could sleep, and I'm still awake.

Up late again I see. I didn't even nap today so that I could sleep, and I'm still awake.

we need to go to doctor and find out what's wrong with us...

think this is an emergency?

we need to go to doctor and find out what's wrong with us...

think this is an emergency?

Of course it is. Much worse than the person with chest pain too.

sup peeps.. just want to point out the person with 2 posts telling us who he/she thinks the best programs are is hilarious.

as if we all havent thought about this.. sure im more annoyed my program isnt on there but even if it was I would think the list is stupid

as if we all havent thought about this.. sure im more annoyed my program isnt on there but even if it was I would think the list is stupid

:smuggrin: Sure that's the reason you don't like it. All I can say is that no one can create a list unless they know each of the programs equally. And that will never happen. And yes, I noticed the 2 posts too. Wonder even if he's legit (the attending he says he is).

sup peeps.. just want to point out the person with 2 posts telling us who he/she thinks the best programs are is hilarious.

great to see you posting beyond 2-3 words :)

:smuggrin: Sure that's the reason you don't like it. All I can say is that no one can create a list unless they know each of the programs equally. And that will never happen. And yes, I noticed the 2 posts too. Wonder even if he's legit (the attending he says he is).

All this talk about lists makes me want to create an "attending" screen name and bust out my own list. :smuggrin:

Like everyone, I'd love to go to a program that is great for me and that would also open doors in terms of finding an academic job. But if I was just looking for prestige, why didn't I apply to Cinci or USC or Denver?

<sigh> no one understands me...

I guess my next interview offers won't be until after Nov 1st ... gonna be a long week :(

Thursday and Friday might be quite exciting and interesting just for another weekend to come.

Thursday and Friday might be quite exciting and interesting just for another weekend to come.

I hope I can sleep the night before - so much depends on my class rank and whether some of my fave picks make me an offer....

I hope I can sleep the night before - so much depends on my class rank and whether some of my fave picks make me an offer....

So they actually pay attention to class rank?

Hey! You! Come back!!!!!!

you might come back if you knew the banana man is dancing :banana:

Yeah, sorry about disappearing. I got all OCD thinking about class rank ad matching and was trying to find some literature

hmmm, this murder suspect is an Emergency doc! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.