rearfoot certified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheTruthAndMore:
Believe it or not but informed patients looking for a qualified surgeon do sometimes care if their surgeon is board certified in the type of procedure they are having done whether or not it reflects the surgeon's quality of work. I don't really understand why a surgeon with RRA certification would try to keep another podiatrist out of their hospital. I would think that surgeon is confident enough in their abilities to not worry about what you're doing. So answer me why someone like you with a 3 year residency and training/experience you claim would not want RRA certification? I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that those without RRA certification either didn't have the cases to sit or couldn't pass the exam? And for someone who claims to be older, well experienced, well trained, and has done so much for the profession at the state and local level, you use an awful lot of slang, incorrect grammar, and have a blatant disrespect for the opinion of others. It just doesn't match those of my peers that actually have been there and done that.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not where I am they don't.

Lemme tell you a story or two.

When I got out I found a small little town where no new Podiatrists had started up in ohhhhh, about 20+ years. I never thought I'd get the cases to get RRA cert so I didn't bother sitting.

No colleague in the community had more than one year of residency so I got into the hospital (yes ONE) no sweat and did my work. The first few years was a lot of Ramen, but slowly I started making it by doing good work, and keeping my mouth shut. The folks where I am don't talk fancy, dress fancy or write fancy, but they expect good, honest work. And they got it from me. I ended up with waaay more rearfoot than I thought and barely got my forefoot numbers in the seven years, but squeaked by. The hospital didn't require Board Cert at all. I did it for me. Never even breathed that our hospital should consider having req for ABPS. They do anyway, but not because of me.

Recently, a bigshot loudmouth kid comes in screaming about ABPS and no one should do RF without RRA. The suits at the hospital didn't even know what that was, but this kid knew some people, so they listened and decided not to put it through, becuase those BIG cases cost the hospital MUCh more money than the bread and butter. This kid opened up and disappeared fast. He didn't fit. Thought much to much of himself.

An Ortho group where I am hired a young hot shot who had the training, but couldn't book a surgery to save his life. Didn't talk, like them, didn't dress like them, didn't write like them. He wasn't one of them. He tried to make it on his own after they let him go, but got sued because he did a P&A on a DM patient with severe PVD without checking his pulses or anything. His note said the patient's feet where healthy and he didn't document a previous amputation. I got dragged in because I did the TMA. My first and only lawsuit. I made out ok.

Why do peeps push for RRA in a hospital? Because their greedy. They want it all for themselves. PADPM sad best "As long as they something or other the people before then...blah, blah, blah". That's a TALL order.

I don't talk fancy, dress fancy or write fancy. I do ok though. I did it on my own.

I get the feeling you got a nice cushy job right out of training. Good for you.

Not where I am they don't.

Lemme tell you a story or two.

When I got out I found a small little town where no new Podiatrists had started up in ohhhhh, about 20+ years. I never thought I'd get the cases to get RRA cert so I didn't bother sitting.

No colleague in the community had more than one year of residency so I got into the hospital (yes ONE) no sweat and did my work. The first few years was a lot of Ramen, but slowly I started making it by doing good work, and keeping my mouth shut. The folks where I am don't talk fancy, dress fancy or write fancy, but they expect good, honest work. And they got it from me. I ended up with waaay more rearfoot than I thought and barely got my forefoot numbers in the seven years, but squeaked by. The hospital didn't require Board Cert at all. I did it for me. Never even breathed that our hospital should consider having req for ABPS. They do anyway, but not because of me.

Recently, a bigshot loudmouth kid comes in screaming about ABPS and no one should do RF without RRA. The suits at the hospital didn't even know what that was, but this kid knew some people, so they listened and decided not to put it through, becuase those BIG cases cost the hospital MUCh more money than the bread and butter. This kid opened up and disappeared fast. He didn't fit. Thought much to much of himself.

An Ortho group where I am hired a young hot shot who had the training, but couldn't book a surgery to save his life. Didn't talk, like them, didn't dress like them, didn't write like them. He wasn't one of them. He tried to make it on his own after they let him go, but got sued because he did a P&A on a DM patient with severe PVD without checking his pulses or anything. His note said the patient's feet where healthy and he didn't document a previous amputation. I got dragged in because I did the TMA. My first and only lawsuit. I made out ok.

Why do peeps push for RRA in a hospital? Because their greedy. They want it all for themselves. PADPM sad best "As long as they something or other the people before then...blah, blah, blah". That's a TALL order.

I don't talk fancy, dress fancy or write fancy. I do ok though. I did it on my own.

I get the feeling you got a nice cushy job right out of training. Good for you.

Thanks, your response is honest, informative and much appreciated. This is information that can be helpful to others. I think it's unfortunate that some podiatrists would try to use their RRA certification to keep out other podiatrists. I think the credential is however helpful when applying for rearfoot and ankle procedures, trying to level the playing field with ortho and showing competence, and legal work, IME's, etc.. It is however a shame peers would use it against each other.

Members don't see this ad :)

Your story sounds very familiar. Did you used to post here under a different handle? I swear I've read it here before.

Your story sounds very familiar. Did you used to post here under a different handle? I swear I've read it here before.

Not me. Never even heard of this place until April. Some guy turned me on to this place at a conference I was at.

Thanks, your response is honest, informative and much appreciated. This is information that can be helpful to others. I think it's unfortunate that some podiatrists would try to use their RRA certification to keep out other podiatrists. I think the credential is however helpful when applying for rearfoot and ankle procedures, trying to level the playing field with ortho and showing competence, and legal work, IME's, etc.. It is however a shame peers would use it against each other.

Yer welcome.

Didn't say anything about the state/national politics BS I do. I don't say much really. But I'm like god damn EF Hutton, cause when I do open my mouth, peeps listen. Bad grammar, slang and all.

Peeps don't care about anyone but themselves mostly. The illusion that they are doing certain things to help out is that. An illusion to make them bigger by "helping". Yer a yung un. You'll see.

Yer welcome.

Didn't say anything about the state/national politics BS I do.
"I do and have done PLENTY at the state and national level FOR FREE too, pal. For hot shots like you to have a shot." - does that sound familiar? That was you.

And I don't know if you'd consider me a yungun or whatever you called me. I've been in practice 6 years. And no I did not land a cushy job right out of residency but yes I do have what you'd probably consider a cushy job now. However I didn't get to this position by pure luck.

Yer welcome.

Didn't say anything about the state/national politics BS I do.
"I do and have done PLENTY at the state and national level FOR FREE too, pal. For hot shots like you to have a shot." - does that sound familiar? That was you.

And I don't know if you'd consider me a yungun or whatever you called me. I've been in practice 6 years. And no I did not land a cushy job right out of residency but yes I do have what you'd probably consider a cushy job now. However I didn't get to this position by pure luck.

LMAO you miss understood what I wrote about my politic thing.

6 years!!!??? You ARE a yung un!!!

Ditto.

So I'm not totally dreaming then. Who else had the same tale? Was it Podfather? There was also that other Attending (I think he got banned) who had a lot of stuff to say a few years back? What was his name?

So I'm not totally dreaming then. Who else had the same tale? Was it Podfather? There was also that other Attending (I think he got banned) who had a lot of stuff to say a few years back? What was his name?

Funny thing is, the cat that told me about this place told me to watch out. Not say too much. Said that certain peeps here didn't like another dog pissin' in the territory. Starting to think he had some good advice. I don't pay no mind about all that. Ignore is there for a reason. Have it.

Funny thing is, the cat that told me about this place told me to watch out. Not say too much. Said that certain peeps here didn't like another dog pissin' in the territory. Starting to think he had some good advice. I don't pay no mind about all that. Ignore is there for a reason. Have it.

:rolleyes:

Whoa there, friend. I wasn't implying anything. Your story sounded familiar, that's all. Don't you think it's feasible that if it happened to you then it happened to someone else too?

I'm picking up a lot of hostility from your posts so far. You obviously have a lot of useful knowledge to contribute, so why so fighty? What's up?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa there, friend. I wasn't implying anything. Your story sounded familiar, that's all. Don't you think it's feasible that if it happened to you then it happened to someone else too?

I'm picking up a lot of hostility from your posts so far. You obviously have a lot of useful knowledge to contribute, so why so fighty? What's up?

You suggested I'm someone I'm not. I tell you so. You bring it up again.

I'm not one to take that sort of thing kindly. I am who I am.

Also, your comment had nothing to do with the post at all. Who cares if it reminds you about some other guy who played another guy who looked like another guy. Makes no sense to me why you even say something about it.

Let's stick to answering questions instead of fingering the new guy, huh??

Definitely not Podfather. He is/was a class act.

You suggested I'm someone I'm not. I tell you so. You bring it up again.

I'm not one to take that sort of thing kindly. I am who I am.

Also, your comment had nothing to do with the post at all. Who cares if it reminds you about some other guy who played another guy who looked like another guy. Makes no sense to me why you even say something about it.

Let's stick to answering questions instead of fingering the new guy, huh??

Actually I asked because your experience reminded me of someone else's post on here and I couldn't recall who posted it. They are related because it has to do with obtaining staff privileges.

Seriously, what's going on? You're kind of taking swipes at all of your colleagues. Are you upset about something?

Seriously, what's going on? You're kind of taking swipes at all of your colleagues. Are you upset about something?

Upset??? Naw, why would I be upset?

PADPM up there stabbing at me implyin' I have no class.

Pod Student Rollin' eyes at me.

Med Student bashing our profession.

New ankle: "JUST Foot Cert".

You saying I'm someone else.

No reason to be mad at all, huh??

The guy was right. Haze the new guy. Eff that. Damn High School playground 'round here.

Upset??? Naw, why would I be upset?

PADPM up there stabbing at me implyin' I have no class.

Pod Student Rollin' eyes at me.

Med Student bashing our profession.

New ankle: "JUST Foot Cert".

You saying I'm someone else.

No reason to be mad at all, huh??

The guy was right. Haze the new guy. Eff that. Damn High School playground 'round here.

You seem like a well seasoned sort in the field. What do you think of putting some emphasis on office procedures, verrucae, clavi, HD5, simple enucleation of IPKs, and T and Cs for reducible contracted digits?¶Seems like there's too much emphasis on more complex procedures which I gather from you posts, present their share of aggravation. Let's face it, the art of reducing a callus, shaving a corn has been derided, dismissed, and largely ignored by younger podiatrists, but it DOES put podiatry in the unique position it was in before the boom of the 70s and 80s--Yes, chiropody procedures, a dying--in the US--healing art.¶Unfortunately podiatry hasn't broken into the mainstream of medical specialties (ABMS), and as someone mentioned doesn't do much that some other profession can do, i.e.., derm, ortho, etc.. Why not embrace the face-to-face human contact with basic in-office building relationships practice that will ultimately be the bread and butter of any podiatrist's career?¶I know the who are you, why, what, hazing, is forthcoming, but please, understand this: No matter what anyone says on these forums is suspect, no one IS truly who they say they are--or are they? And everyone's got an agenda, right? but to what ends? I've been around the field for over 30 years, and so far there hasn't been as much change in the state scope of practice laws--That's been a constant. So maybe we can dispense with the hazing. Huh?

I do plenty of that trimmin' stuff. I enjoy it. Would love to hire a kid to help out but can't get a license where I am without a year. Poor peeps can't get a year anymore. Hafta have 3. Too bad for all the peeps not getting placed. Makes me sad. I'd love to hire someone who doesn't think there you know what doesn't stink and just do good payin' office stuff. Not enough surgery in my office for two to be busy with it.

PADPM: Why'd you stab at me? I'm bothered. You don't like me, so ignore or keep yer trap closed. You didn't even though I said nothin' bout ya. That dude I met said there was some big shot here, big partner on some big shot practice. Had a big mouth. I don't think that's you 'cause you was pretty quiet, but why that slite on me, man? Uncalled for man. Uncalled for.

I do plenty of that trimmin' stuff. I enjoy it. Would love to hire a kid to help out but can't get a license where I am without a year. Poor peeps can't get a year anymore. Hafta have 3. Too bad for all the peeps not getting placed. Makes me sad. I'd love to hire someone who doesn't think there you know what doesn't stink and just do good payin' office stuff. Not enough surgery in my office for two to be busy with it.

PADPM: Why'd you stab at me? I'm bothered. You don't like me, so ignore or keep yer trap closed. You didn't even though I said nothin' bout ya. That dude I met said there was some big shot here, big partner on some big shot practice. Had a big mouth. I don't think that's you 'cause you was pretty quiet, but why that slite on me, man? Uncalled for man. Uncalled for.

I said nothing about you, so it's a shame you're so sensitive. When Podfather's name was mentioned, I simply said he is/was a class act.

Yessiree, I'm sure that the "dude" you met mentioned some big shot, partner in a big shot practice, etc. Or could it be from your experience here in the past??? Maybe that's why NatCh thought there was a familiar tone.

Every now and then I become entertained by new characters who cycle through this site. A while ago it was "Wookie" who only spoke in Star Wars terms. Now you come on and write as if you were straight out of a Beverly Hillbillies episode.

Come on, you and I both know you're in "character" and that no one, even a "hick" writes or speaks like your posts. It's actually insulting to the people you are trying to portray.

But NatCh was correct and I now realize where I recognize your writing/speech style. It's when I was watching cartoons and it was an episode with Yosemite Sam. Are YOU Yosemite Sam??!!!

If you've got useful info, please discuss it with these kids. If you've got an agenda, we've seen it before and it's old.

LMAO

That guy sure was right about you. Grade-A prick is the comment he said.

That mouth of yours could get you in a heap of trouble in my parts.

Insult away, Jackass. Keep the big city 'tude. It suits you. Me, I like my simple back country folk.

I'm sure that your imaginary friend said that. Insults? I simply stated that we both know you aren't a hick but are trying to write like one with the character you created.

The minute you bring inappropriate language into the conversation, you've lost the argument. I've called you no names (but you certainly can't say the same) but simply made a tongue in cheek comment that your writing style was indicative of Yosemite Sam's speech pattern.

I'm done, since I'm not going to respond to your usual psycho babble, insults and identity issues. Let it go and move on. I assure you it's ultimately in your best interest. Learn from the past.

Now get in the last word, you'll feel better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.