reapplying odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blindluck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was accepted last fall to a MSPH program in Epi at RSPH (emory), but I declined.

Now I realize I made a bad decision, so I asked them to reactivate my application. They said that having been accepted before has no bearing on an acceptance the second time around.

Any idea what the odds are of getting accepted again?

Is/was anybody else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

blindluck said:
So I was accepted last fall to a MSPH program in Epi at RSPH (emory), but I declined.

Now I realize I made a bad decision, so I asked them to reactivate my application. They said that having been accepted before has no bearing on an acceptance the second time around.

Any idea what the odds are of getting accepted again?

Is/was anybody else in the same boat?

I've never been in that boat, but I would assume you're probably facing a similar class of applicants competing against you this go around. As for the the re-app odds, I don't think anybody can give a straight answer. I think it pretty much depends on the matter in which you left or deferred; and you're the only one who honestly knows that. If you simply said, 'I would prefer to work for a year, then they won't hold it against you, and it may even work in your favor.' If you got accepted to Yale, told them to screw off, then somehow couldn't afford yale or something, then you're probably not going to Emory next term.

I just simply declined admission.

I decided to join a Ph.D program somewhere else (but I didn't mention that to them).

Well, I guess I'll just see how it goes.