Beefing up my odds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorkSearch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll soon be graduating with my pharmacy degree and another degree (humanities) but want to soon after apply to a graduate program. I don't have much public policy/affairs undergrad experience and wanted to know if anyone had experience in a non-academic setting.

How did you go about it? How long did you go before applying to whatever program you're in, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll soon be graduating with my pharmacy degree and another degree (humanities) but want to soon after apply to a graduate program. I don't have much public policy/affairs undergrad experience and wanted to know if anyone had experience in a non-academic setting.

How did you go about it? How long did you go before applying to whatever program you're in, etc?

In my experience, gaining public policy experience before graduate school is extremely hard unless your undergraduate institution is well-connected in those matters in terms of internships or alumni preference. If you didn't previously have an internship at a public policy institute, you'll have a hard time getting a job at that same place without an extra degree on your resume. Unless, of course, you have an outstanding degree and resume from an Ivy or comparable public school.

Last edited: