Re-applying while finished first year medschool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishmedstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished first year med in Ireland and while I was doing first year I re-applied and got into USMD which would only cost me $20K/year compared to $50k/year. I didn't write that I was in ireland medschool at the moment on the application as I was just starting Irish medschool. Would you have done the same, considering that you wouldn't get the interview once they find that you are already attending a medical school somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

I finished first year med in Ireland and while I was doing first year I re-applied and got into USMD which would only cost me $20K/year compared to $50k/year. I didn't write that I was in ireland medschool at the moment on the application as I was just starting Irish medschool. Would you have done the same, considering that you wouldn't get the interview once they find that you are already attending a medical school somewhere else?

You could have had the interview if you had told the US school, but they might have required a letter from your Dean in Ireland. It would hurt you at some schools but not all. Yours is kind of a fishy story though because they must have asked you what you have been up to since graduation from college. How'd you handle that?