rad.salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome to read my post above and decide for yourself if I deserved it or not.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, I've read enough of Apache's posts to know that this is his usual style and although he is occasionally brutally honest and funny...he just wasn't this time. I feel like he didn't take time to think about what I said...

Either way...I also think it's crap that my comments aren't taken seriously just because I'm not "in the game." I am devoted to rads, and as an older student, am not representative of the typical premed...regardless of what my SDN profile says.

I don't think ur comments are looked as crap. But they have less weight considering u haven't even started medical school. Even if you have a parent that is a radiologist you still won't know all the details about it. Unless u goto work with them everyday.
Also how can u be devoted to radiology? Dont go into med school with a closed mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Apache is crass, but he's brutally honest and he tells it as it is.

Pre-med opinions about medicine should be saved for the pre-allo forum, not this one.

Agreed with previous two posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think ur comments are looked as crap. But they have less weight considering u haven't even started medical school. Even if you have a parent that is a radiologist you still won't know all the details about it. Unless u goto work with them everyday.
Also how can u be devoted to radiology? Dont go into med school with a closed mind.

I never said I knew all the details about radiology. I have spent a lot of time around radiologists in various capacities. I have also checked out many other fields. I know myself well enough to know that rads is for me.

I could understand my being asked to leave if my opinions were crap, but I don't think they are, and no one else seems to either, but Apache...

So since I am trying to contribute in a professional positive manner, I don't see why I shouldn't be welcome here...pre med or not.

Regardless...unless I'm invited back, which I don't anticipate, I will leave your precious post-med forum. Back to lurking I go.

I look foward to the day when I can join your hallowed ranks and be worthy of posting messages on such an esteemed board. :rolleyes:

I never said I knew all the details about radiology. I have spent a lot of time around radiologists in various capacities. I have also checked out many other fields. I know myself well enough to know that rads is for me.

I could understand my being asked to leave if my opinions were crap, but I don't think they are, and no one else seems to either, but Apache...

So since I am trying to contribute in a professional positive manner, I don't see why I shouldn't be welcome here...pre med or not.

Regardless...unless I'm invited back, which I don't anticipate, I will leave your precious post-med forum. Back to lurking I go.

I look foward to the day when I can join your hallowed ranks and be worthy of posting messages on such an esteemed board. :rolleyes:

Again...Do not go into med school with a closed mind. That is probably the best advice anyone can give you. Trust me ur research into different fields has not touched the surface.
I thought i did a lot of research on different fields and felt ER was the only fit for me. Now I look back at how stupid I was to think that firmly about a field before starting school. Now do u see why ur comments don't carry so much weight? It's because we all know how much we DIDN'T know back then.

So, Apache, how does moonlighting as a resident work? At what point can you begin doing this? Are there any restrictions on your practices? I assume so, since you're not lisenced yet? What I'm getting at is...How does this work and when can I do it too?!?

Once you have your state physician license, you're legally allowed to do just about anything... read radiologic studies, treat patients, take out appendices -- whatever. The impediments to doing this are 1) Finding a hospital/clinic/whatever to let you, and 2) Finding somebody to insure you.

What you'll though find as you advance in your training is that there are lots of "undesirable" (generally rural) facilities that 1) don't have enough docs and 2) don't really see too much complex pathology. So if you're assertive and confident in your abilities and you pitch to them, a lot will bite. Of course your program may already have long-standing affiliations with some place -- a place where it's almost tradition for residents from your program to moonlight -- and if so that's great. My program had that in place. But I wasn't satisfied with it so, being the tenacious bulldog I am, I went hunting for more... and I eventually found it. After not a little bit of effort I was able to line up two fairly sweet gigs on my own... one good, the other friggin phenomenal. And all it took was a bit of go-gettedness... something that, sadly, most residents lack. Oh well, their loss my gain.

I started doing rads moonlighting as a PGY-3. Many would disapprove of my starting reading studies solo with only 1 year of rads training under my belt (that and a prelim med year I snoozed through), but I don't/didn't care what others think. Was I scared? Heck yeah! Was I uncertain at times? Definitely. Did I always know exactly what I was doing? Nope -- not a chance. Did I do my best? I did. I did whatever I had to do. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I am by far the fastest and most confident and most experienced resident at my program, and I'd venture to say that I've earned more moonlighting/doing locums than any rads resident in history. Obviously there's no way for me to prove that, but by the end of residency, I'll have made over 200K purely from moonlighting -- the majority of that was b/w my R3 and R4 (I've chilled out to study for boards now). I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a resident that's earned that much.

Anyway the point of my posting is not to toot my own horn. It's to -- well, answer the poster's question -- and to encourage you to moonlight as early and as much as possible. It'll put hair on your chest and a bankroll in your pocket. You can sit around watching Grey's Anatomy or publishing bogus papers, or you can jump in and start swimming.

I love you ApacheIndian. You are my hero! I'm just starting at my state med school this fall. What do I need to do to land a sweet Rads residency spot? Please impart your wisdom, wise master!

Apache...although I don't always agree with every word you write, I overall think you're awesome and the type of person that medicine needs more of - brutally honest and a go-getter, there are too many pansy docs out there which is why we have no control over reimbursements to begin with. our generation needs to be aggressive so that this field is once again respected, and that it commands some weight - i mean come on, broke *** people go out there and have no problem spending 5G's on the newest plasma tv, but when it comes to their health/livelihood, they still want the best plasma, but don't want to pay...nonsense...live on Apache, btw, most other forums on sdn are filled with people who's advice is total BS, we need real honesty here...

Apache...although I don't always agree with every word you write, I overall think you're awesome and the type of person that medicine needs more of - brutally honest and a go-getter, there are too many pansy docs out there which is why we have no control over reimbursements to begin with. our generation needs to be aggressive so that this field is once again respected, and that it commands some weight - i mean come on, broke *** people go out there and have no problem spending 5G's on the newest plasma tv, but when it comes to their health/livelihood, they still want the best plasma, but don't want to pay...nonsense...live on Apache, btw, most other forums on sdn are filled with people who's advice is total BS, we need real honesty here...

Being a go-getter is definitely a positive attribute. But there is a difference in being aggressive in making as much money for yourself as you can, any way that you can vs being aggressively involved in furthering your profession as a whole, whether through lobbying efforts or research. I don't see how being aggressive in making money for yourself necessarily equates to helping reimbursements for individual fields or the field of medicine as a whole.
You will find plenty of 'aggressive' doctors that adopt a mercenary attitude -they make money by exploiting junior associates and answer to the highest bidder sometimes at the expense of their own profession.

If you want to protect reimbursements, you have to first realize that they are tied to government. CMS rates dictate what insurance companies will pay, not market forces. If you really want to protect reimbursements you have to affect the law-making process. Politicians listen to big contributors first, then lobbyists THEN constituents. Until doctors start giving massively to PACs that are at levels competitive with the insurance and HMO industries we don't stand much of a chance protecting reimbursements.
Thats no BS.

CMS rates dictate what insurance companies will pay, not market forces.

I emphatically disagree. Market forces -- eventually -- dictate everything. That is the big picture that academics like you miss, and capitalists like me understand. If you want an inkling of what controlled payouts do to a society over the long run, just look across the pond and a few decades back in time to our old friend the Soviet Union. Artificially lowered or raised prices are mere speed bumps along the capitalism highway -- the Invisible Hand will always find it's way around them.

Here's some food for thought:
Why do Intellectuals Oppose Capitalism?

ApacheIndian,
You say it like it is and no sugar coating. You are so straight up and direct I appreciate that. The article you send says alot that is SO TRUE!
For example, the lowest from of life, with no education whatso ever live in the best houses/ mansions in the best part of town driving the most expensive/ flashy cars around and some of these people can't speak English b/c there are from over seas the last few years or so. Others, are into unethical and immoral dealings with their businesses and etc....as such but can afford to live big and high. No these people aren't doctors, lawyers or professionals of any sort but perhaps some of the biggest scumbags you'll ever meet in life.
"Intellectuals are not rewarded according to merit and value and there is no distribution accordingly" but according to market forces. Exactly what you said. Damn right about that!

Apache, lets not get off topic, I think capitalism is a great system. I never said that I opposed capitalism. But we are talking about healthcare in this country, not economics in general. Lets not fool ourselves here. Whether you like it or not, healthcare reimbursements in this country (barring cosmetic procedures) are not determined by pure market forces.

'hello', I want you to google 'RVU' for me. No matter how dire the demand for a radiologist is, a radiologist in rural wyoming will never be paid more than $7 dollars for rendering an opinion. That is because reimbursement is based on RVUs which are calculated by the CMS. The insurance companies in turn base their reimbursements as a percentage of the RVU. You can charge a patient what ever you want- $1000 dollars lets say, to read his chest x-ray but the most you will ever be paid will be what medicare or the insurance pays you- roughly $7. The 'self-pay' patients are usually lower income without insurance, and will usually not be able to pay what you ask.
Is it any different as an Optometrist? You can charge $500 for an eye exam, but if the most health plan will cover is a much smaller amount. So to a large degree, you have to adjust your fee accordingly, don't you? You can only charge within certain percentage more than what the local HMO is willing to cover. The reality is that Medicare and the insurance plans have more of a say in how much you can charge rather than market forces.

We have 3rd party payors which base their reimbursement based on CMS reimbursement. And as long as people ignore the other players and focus purely on making money for themselves, the insurance, HMO and Nursing groups will continue to outspend doctors in their lobbying efforts, and our reimbursements will continue to be whittled away.

Read my posts carefully, I never advocated nationalized healthcare. A capitalist system would be the most lucrative for sure, but if you think that medicine in this country is driven purely by market forces you are sorely mistaken.

For example, the lowest from of life, with no education whatso ever live in the best houses/ mansions in the best part of town driving the most expensive/ flashy cars around and some of these people can't speak English b/c there are from over seas the last few years or so. Others, are into unethical and immoral dealings with their businesses and etc....as such but can afford to live big and high.

Is English your first language?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
ApacheIndian,
You say it like it is and no sugar coating. You are so straight up and direct I appreciate that. The article you send says alot that is SO TRUE!
For example, the lowest from of life, with no education whatso ever live in the best houses/ mansions in the best part of town driving the most expensive/ flashy cars around and some of these people can't speak English b/c there are from over seas the last few years or so. Others, are into unethical and immoral dealings with their businesses and etc....as such but can afford to live big and high. No these people aren't doctors, lawyers or professionals of any sort but perhaps some of the biggest scumbags you'll ever meet in life.
"Intellectuals are not rewarded according to merit and value and there is no distribution accordingly" but according to market forces. Exactly what you said. Damn right about that!

Are you high? I can't even begin to decipher that.........

yes, English is my first language but I was not an English major in undergrad. Sorry about my engltreet language.
Am I high? lolol. Dude, what I was trying to express to you is the following: If you play the game of life fair, go to school from one step to the next, and play by the rules, fair and square you are not necessarily awarded intrinsic wealth -(beautiful house in best part of town, luxury car etc.....) based on higher education. The plumber, the guy who sells pizza, the contractor who builts houses, etc who has no education not even on the HS level is able to live the most luxurious life from the aforementioned. Is that fair to me and others? People who can't speak a word of English but are able to live in beautiful mansions and drive 90,000 cars b/c of their business or unethical lifes deserve it more than someone who has gone thru hell from schooling?
Your answer is yes. That is what democracy is all about right? Capitalism right? How about those who didn't play the game fair and by the rules? And have everything a professional can't. Is that fair?
Education doesn't guarantee you a higher lifestyle than Joeshmoe who can't speak a word of English but sure kbnows how to sell hotdogs on 5th avenue and come home with 5,000 a week. you get my point.........

This thread is going nowhere incredibly effeciently.

yes, English is my first language but I was not an English major in undergrad. Sorry about my engltreet language.
Am I high? lolol. Dude, what I was trying to express to you is the following: If you play the game of life fair, go to school from one step to the next, and play by the rules, fair and square you are not necessarily awarded intrinsic wealth -(beautiful house in best part of town, luxury car etc.....) based on higher education. The plumber, the guy who sells pizza, the contractor who builts houses, etc who has no education not even on the HS level is able to live the most luxurious life from the aforementioned. Is that fair to me and others? People who can't speak a word of English but are able to live in beautiful mansions and drive 90,000 cars b/c of their business or unethical lifes deserve it more than someone who has gone thru hell from schooling?
Your answer is yes. That is what democracy is all about right? Capitalism right? How about those who didn't play the game fair and by the rules? And have everything a professional can't. Is that fair?
Education doesn't guarantee you a higher lifestyle than Joeshmoe who can't speak a word of English but sure kbnows how to sell hotdogs on 5th avenue and come home with 5,000 a week. you get my point.........

How many plumbers or hotdog vendors do you think actually live on 5th avenue?

Last time I checked I don't know of any plumbers or hot dog salesmen that live in my attendings' neighborhoods- nor do any optometrists for that matter.

But I agree with you capitalism is a beautiful thing.

How many plumbers or hotdog vendors do you think actually live on 5th avenue?

Last time I checked I don't know of any plumbers or hot dog salesmen that live in my attendings' neighborhoods- nor do any optometrists for that matter.

But I agree with you capitalism is a beautiful thing.

:smuggrin:

you are absolutely right last time you checked you didn't know any optometrist living in your attendings' over inflated neighborhood but did you know their company lives among the high priced hookers and strippers of mid town and downtown? Or did you know their next door neighbor happens to be the biggest mobster or drug seller around?
I wish I could be among your highly regarded company :)

English is my first language but I was not an English major in undergrad.

I wasn't an English major either. Even though English is my third language, I try to write coherent sentences.

The plumber, the guy who sells pizza, the contractor who builts houses, e.tc who has no education not even on the HS level is able to live the most luxurious life from the aforementioned.

I don't get your point.
Unless you are talking about the CEOs of Pepsico or Oscar-Mayer, the vast majority of those in the pizza-making and hot dog vending industries, respectively, do not out earn most doctors. There may be a few outliers, but they are certainly not the norm, as you seem to believe.

If you seriously think the future is in selling hot dogs, by all means quit optometry and buy a hot dog stand.

I'll take mine with mustard.

If you seriously think the future is in selling hot dogs, by all means quit optometry and buy a hot dog stand.

I'll take mine with mustard.

LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe he's going for Dijon?

noncestvrai

hans19,
your comments did make me laugh lololl. Listen, I don't know you but I assume you are an astute and bright man. The point I was trying to make is people who can't speak a word of English that own pizza stores in the right location make tons of money b/c it is a very profitable business. It also happens to be a CASH business where they take home hundreds of thousands of dollars unreported. As does the hot dog man selling pretzels and hot dogs in mid town and comes home with 500 to 1000 plus a day. These people can buy or construct mansions in the best part of Queens /LI etc.....because they have the money. They have no education but know how to make money. Should I quit optometry? Of course not but you understand my point as it relates to ApacheIndians article and how people/ professions are compensated not to their value or merit but according to market forces. ie- i love pizza I buy pizza. food etc......
Don't let me get you worked up. sorry.

I will preface this with the prehealth thing and beat the "you don't know anything" people to the punch. I don't claim to be an expert at this stuff, but from what I've seen, the large majority of physicians aren't either. I really wish I wrote down the source, but we had some speakers talking about healthcare reform stuff the other day. I think the invisible hand in healthcare is not guided by the consumer so much as it is guided by big for-profit insurance companies, and to some minor extent government. The US health care system is only about 60/40 for private verus government. It is projected to keep approaching 50/50 because of babyboomers and what not. Anyway, if you look at numbers you see some kind of ridiculous increase in healthcare administrators, while doctors are only increasing slightly. I am talking like a 1000% increase in admins. It is HUGE. Why are all these people going there? They are probably following that invisible hand. It is really a vicious circle. We have crazy amounts of hunting/fighting for reimbursement, which creates a ton of paperwork, which we must hire someone to decipher and so on. I think one of the first steps in stopping these overall reimbursement issues is to get rid of all the middle men who are really NOT doing much of anything. Some of these jobs are subdivided to a point that it is ridiculous. A single payor system would be convenient I think, but it isn't an easy thing to just start up. Our healthcare system is just so bogged down with bureaucracy. Dealing with this crap is not why most physicians go into medicine. Sooner or later the weight from all these insurance companies, reimbursement issues, paperwork and whatever else will break our backs if we don't start doing something about it. It is hard, especially since ever lay person assumes a doctor is a milliionaire with a yacht who goes home and sits in his/her smoking jacket with a glass of brandy reading the wall street journal, but hopefully it can happen.

hans19,
your comments did make me laugh lololl. Listen, I don't know you but I assume you are an astute and bright man. The point I was trying to make is people who can't speak a word of English that own pizza stores in the right location make tons of money b/c it is a very profitable business. It also happens to be a CASH business where they take home hundreds of thousands of dollars unreported. As does the hot dog man selling pretzels and hot dogs in mid town and comes home with 500 to 1000 plus a day. These people can buy or construct mansions in the best part of Queens /LI etc.....because they have the money. They have no education but know how to make money. Should I quit optometry? Of course not but you understand my point as it relates to ApacheIndians article and how people/ professions are compensated not to their value or merit but according to market forces. ie- i love pizza I buy pizza. food etc......

You completely missed the point of the article, and your argument is really odd.

hans19,

...and your point is? This thread has gone from "whose got the bigger schlong" to just plain stupid.

A hot dog man making $500-$1000 a day? Tell me where a guy selling hot dogs making this much money a day is and I will quit medicine and go sell hot dogs for a living. Let's say I sell hot dogs for $1000 a day...let's do the math...let's say I work my *ss off every day, since these people usually do anyways. That's 7K a week. That's 364K a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I am in the wrong profession. I better move to NY to sell hot dogs so I can buy a mansion in Queens.:laugh:

Award for the Dumbest Post of the Day!

I think what you meant is these guys who come from nothing can actually make wads of money because they got the street smarts-"rags to riches" types. Yeah, sure this can happen. But, would you rather be that person who is selling hot dogs making minimum wage, hoping to make millions one day or someone who has a opportunity to go get an education and get a secure job? I'd rather be the latter.

My question regarding radiology salaries was answered by radiology residents, attendings and med students. Thank you all for providing me with details and specifics. 77 posts later, the topic has gone off to a tangent. If the moderator wants to close this post- fine with me. Thank you again.
If you feel better by giving me the dumbest post of the day, I accept. You missed my point. Thanks for telling a 40 year old whose been out that education is the way to go than blue labor hard work. I needed you to enlightened me on that one.
you can close the post- special thanks to ApaceIndian and hans19 and a few others(med students) can't remeber off hand but I appreciate all your honesty and responses!

It is hard, especially since ever lay person assumes a doctor is a milliionaire with a yacht who goes home and sits in his/her smoking jacket with a glass of brandy reading the wall street journal, but hopefully it can happen.

Aww... You mean most radiologists don't live like this?!? :confused:

But Apache told us... :rolleyes:

Hans is such a goofy little guy hehe... cute, but clueless nonetheless.

Average Joe radiologists/doctors like our friend Hans will certainly not live in opulence. I never claimed that. By definition average people will live -- well, "averagely." What I am and have been saying is that if you have what it takes to procure immense wealth -- discipline, drive, vision, and ambition -- then you can do that with rads.

Hans is such a goofy little guy hehe... cute, but clueless nonetheless.

Average Joe radiologists/doctors like our friend Hans will certainly not live in opulence. I never claimed that. By definition average people will live -- well, "averagely." What I am and have been saying is that if you have what it takes to procure immense wealth -- discipline, drive, vision, and ambition -- then you can do that with rads.

Amen to that my brotha!

engltreet -- google it. Only one find.

I was impressed.

Why start flames on apache who gives some of the best, unequivocally honest advice on here?

Did the premed deserve it? Probably not, but that's the risk he/she takes by posting on a rads forum before even being in the true game.

Apache not only gives some of the worst advice I've ever seen, he's a total ego-maniac. Anyone who must run around on a PUBLIC FORUM and mention their highly suspicious, obscene moonlighting numbers should not be trusted. How many other professional sites are out there boasting of their salaries? Is there a JD.com where different types of lawyers boast that they made millions getting OJ off?

Apache, if you do infact make that much moonlighting- Congrats! More power to you. Why don't you do everyone a favor and keep numbers to yourself? Some optometrist who is too lazy to google it doesn't need to know how much you claim to make.

And noone is impressed that you bought a "Benz" in residency....

what is the big deal in learning how much radiologist make? Is it taboo or something bad you consider? Bill Gates, Donald Trump and the President of the USA all tell us how much they make and what they are worth financially why not radiologist?
BTW, what do you do and how much do you make a year? Tell me, I really want to know!

Apache not only gives some of the worst advice I've ever seen, he's a total ego-maniac. Anyone who must run around on a PUBLIC FORUM and mention their highly suspicious, obscene moonlighting numbers should not be trusted. How many other professional sites are out there boasting of their salaries? Is there a JD.com where different types of lawyers boast that they made millions getting OJ off?

Apache, if you do infact make that much moonlighting- Congrats! More power to you. Why don't you do everyone a favor and keep numbers to yourself? Some optometrist who is too lazy to google it doesn't need to know how much you claim to make.

And noone is impressed that you bought a "Benz" in residency....

There is a poster on AM.com- 'jugs' that sounds oddly similar to our friend on sdn. A thread on AM.com lists that person as MIA. If you want an honest view of the real world look around on that website. Caveat emptor, its still just a website with contributions by anonymous posters, but let me tell you no one who has been out in the real world (ie private practice) takes jugs' posts (which are not unlike those made by apache) seriously.

As far as the future of telerads, you will see that most of the publicly traded telerads firm stock prices have tanked. Locums may be great short term, but those jobs don't offer stability. There is a glaring reason that those hospitals cant find a full time radiologist and have to resort to locums.

Medstudents, premeds, and and the odd optometrist, if you want to know what radiology is really like when you are done, check out that radiology website. Then ask yourselves who is really being 'honest' and realistic.

-Your average joe radiologist.

what is the big deal in learning how much radiologist make? Is it taboo or something bad you consider? Bill Gates, Donald Trump and the President of the USA all tell us how much they make and what they are worth financially why not radiologist?
BTW, what do you do and how much do you make a year? Tell me, I really want to know!

If for no other reason, its none of your da-- business. I have no more obligation to tell you how much I make than you do to tell me how much you make. If you really want to know how much radiologists make you are free to google it. I'm sure you know roughly how much ophthalmologists in your area are making.

You're never going to be a radiologist anyways. Go hang out in the optometry forum.

(sigh) -- there will always be losers in the world -- be definition not everyone can be amongst the creme de la creme of wealth and power and influence in society -- most people will be average or below average like our friend Hans and the other guy crying about money posting. Whatever. I don't listen to the masses. You think Gates or Trump or anyone else in their category gives two hoots what these losers think? No. And if you wanna reach their ranks or even come close (I definitely do), you shouldn't either. Let them whine like babies -- I find it entertaining. Carry on little boys! I promise I won't give you a spanking!

(sigh) -- there will always be losers in the world -- be definition not everyone can be amongst the creme de la creme of wealth and power and influence in society -- most people will be average or below average like our friend Hans and the other guy crying about money posting. Whatever. I don't listen to the masses. You think Gates or Trump or anyone else in their category gives two hoots what these losers think? No. And if you wanna reach their ranks or even come close (I definitely do), you shouldn't either. Let them whine like babies -- I find it entertaining. Carry on little boys! I promise I won't give you a spanking!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder :idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_spanking :scared:

ApacheIndian -why are you calling me a looser man? Dude, I am not posting and crying about money. I was staggered when I heard about the salries you guys make from a dear friend of mine - that's all. Your ceiling $$ is amazing.
As for KeratinPearls- you are a bitter med student that I KNOW YOU'LL NEVER BECOME A RADIOLOGIST EVER ANYWAY. Did you match into any pathology programs for 2008? Hope you enjoy being an internist, and sticking your index finger up the butts telling your pts their prostate size is good or not.- Looser!

ApacheIndian -why are you calling me a looser man? Dude, I am not posting and crying about money. I was staggered when I heard about the salries you guys make from a dear friend of mine - that's all. Your ceiling $$ is amazing.
As for KeratinPearls- you are a bitter med student that I KNOW YOU'LL NEVER BECOME A RADIOLOGIST EVER ANYWAY. Did you match into any pathology programs for 2008? Hope you enjoy being an internist, and sticking your index finger up the butts telling your pts their prostate size is good or not.- Looser!

You're right. Im a pathologist and ooh baby do I love performing rectals!

lolol I didn't know pathologists perform rectals? Whatever makes you happy.
:)

It's Loser, not "Looser!"........ English 101 my friend

Noone cares what your "dear friend" told you. So please go away and post on the optometry threads.

And Bill Gates, Donald Trump and G.W. Bush don't have to worry about the lawyers and insurance companies and other physicians stalking their salaries. Radiology is already one of the most litigious specialties, and we don't need to be walking around talking about how our salaries are the "creme de la creme" giving people ideas about coming after it!

Anyone else remembers that guy back in HS who always talked about how big his package was??? What's the saying.... The monkey who makes the most noise has the most to hide?

And am I confused, or did Apache just compare himself to Gates and Trump.... Isn't that kinda like the local HS hot-shot comparing himself to Jordan or Montana? You make me laugh

Long Dong thanks for the 2007 AMA compensation figures.
ApacheIndian my apologies. I thought you were referring to me. My fault.
Once again, if the moderator wants to close this thread that I started a while ago- fine with me.
Jon no one is going to come after you because of your high salary even though it happens to be one of the most litigious specialties among OBGYN and others. You read many many scans/ MRI's? C-scans etc.....in a day/ hour and understandably mistakes happen. Mistakes from my understanding happen because of the rush to read and interpret many many tests and report back to your colleagues - especially in neuro radiology can be difficult. Are you creme de la creme as a clinician or just good?

ApacheIndian my apologies. I thought you were referring to me.

(sigh) -- there will always be losers in the world -- by definition not everyone can be amongst the creme de la creme of wealth and power and influence in society

Hello07, according to Apache, unless you are making as much MONEY as he is, you are, by definition (his-- not mine), a loser.

Long Dong thanks for the 2007 AMA compensation figures.
ApacheIndian my apologies. I thought you were referring to me. My fault.
Once again, if the moderator wants to close this thread that I started a while ago- fine with me.
Jon no one is going to come after you because of your high salary even though it happens to be one of the most litigious specialties among OBGYN and others. You read many many scans/ MRI's? C-scans etc.....in a day/ hour and understandably mistakes happen. Mistakes from my understanding happen because of the rush to read and interpret many many tests and report back to your colleagues - especially in neuro radiology can be difficult. Are you creme de la creme as a clinician or just good?

Everyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't your "dear friend" have told you the two most litigious areas of Rads is CXR and Mams, not Neuro....

You have validated the time-held saying, Hello: It is better to keep your mouth closed and have everyone think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

As far as being the creme de la creme, I would have to say no, seeing as how I'm a learning physician. That being said, I would also lump Apache in with me, seeing as he is also a learning physician. And unless your name is Brant or Helms or Dahnert, I think there is still some room for improvement for all of us.

hans19, I think ApacheIndian was talking about having the potential of and drive as far as making as much money as those we consider extremely wealthy ie- Gates, trump etc..... I think he was refering to himself as a visionary with much potential of reaching the creme de la cream and the rest of us being in our "comfort zone" or laid back routine could never reach his or their heights.
My dear friend who is a radiologist and I don't talk about shop when we see each other. But you are right, mammography is the most sued area in radiology. However, make no mistake; many brain tumors get misdiagnosed as strokes and vice versa because of the massive hemorrhaging that can beinvolved in differentiating one from another in obscure cases.
PS- try to calm yourself down a bit with your rebuttals. you get nasty and defensive quite easily. Is it because you are a DO and not an MD?

Status
Not open for further replies.