Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the sinus thats located below the sella turcica?

everything wud cause bleeding except?
increased systolic bld pressure
hypokalemia
cigarette smoking
decreased thrombaxane

if the pt is given the 115mg per ml of inulin, when the plasma concn of inulin is 0.1 mg/ml, whats the gfr?
115 mg/ml
0.1mg/ml

anybody pls state the ans with the explanation. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

bcc is a benign tumor of skin which never metastasize !!!(i know its true )bec its the LEAST to metastasize,, and its consider BENIGN TUMOR so number (1) is the answer,,no need to correct me bec. iam sure !! :)
hope this help
best wishes
wadent

bcc is a benign tumor of skin which never metastasize !!!(i know its true )bec its the LEAST to metastasize,, and its consider BENIGN TUMOR so number (1) is the answer,,no need to correct me bec. iam sure !! :)
hope this help
best wishes
wadent
hey wadent,
BCC is a malignant tumor but behaves like a benign one coz it never metastasize... i m 100% sure abt it.

Members don't see this ad :)
pain fibers from glossopharyngeal nerve synapses in?

is it spinal nucleus of 5 or sensory nucleus of 9.

i think its both (c)
hey pbkal do u agree that :bcc is a benign tumor of skin which never metastasize is it true or not !!!!

i think its both (c)
hey pbkal do u agree that :bcc is a benign tumor of skin which never metastasize is it true or not !!!!

Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer. It rarely metastasizes or kills, but it is still considered malignant because it can cause significant destruction and disfigurement[1][2] by invading surrounding tissues. Statistically, approximately 3 out of 10 Caucasians develop a basal cell cancer within their lifetime

source: wikipedia

Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer. It rarely metastasizes or kills, but it is still considered malignant because it can cause significant destruction and disfigurement[1][2] by invading surrounding tissues. Statistically, approximately 3 out of 10 Caucasians develop a basal cell cancer within their lifetime

source: wikipedia
u r right I m confused as in dental aids its written beningn but in decks n wiki says malignant.

I m sure that 9+2 is specific arrangement present in eukaryotes known as axoneme. but I don't think its present in prokaryote.if i m wrong plz tell the source from wher have u read this

i think its both (c)

hey wadent
BCC is a most common maligmant skin tumor-given in decks........
yess!!it does not metastasize...

Members don't see this ad :)
pain fibers from glossopharyngeal nerve synapses in?

is it spinal nucleus of 5 or sensory nucleus of 9.

spinal nucleus of 5
EXpln
The spinal trigeminal nucleus receives information about deep/crude touch, pain, and temperature from the ipsilateral face. The facial, glossopharyngeal, and vagus nerves also convey pain information from their areas to the spinal trigeminal nucleus.

Hope this helps !

spinal nucleus of 5
EXpln
The spinal trigeminal nucleus receives information about deep/crude touch, pain, and temperature from the ipsilateral face. The facial, glossopharyngeal, and vagus nerves also convey pain information from their areas to the spinal trigeminal nucleus.

Hope this helps !

Thanx Truth seeker.

hey,,thanks for the explanation pbkal and omega...
bec. each souce says somthin,,ive read it in 1st aid (sayin its benign)...any way thanks again for the explanation !!!

which of the bacteria is implicated in majority of subacute bacterial endocarditis?
1.s.viridans
2.s.sanguis

s.viridans
thanks pbkl.I am confused i think that s.sanguis is a type of s.viridans.is this correct?can u plz tell from where have u read this.becoz what i remember that s.viridans has s.mutans that cause carries n s.sanguis cause subacute endocarditis .plz explain

here another question
1.An 8 yr old girlpresent to ur office for regular dental care .On physical exam u find that she has delayed erruptionsof several teeth n dentin n enamel defect.The carries rate also seem high.
Which of the following ds do u suspect for the pt
1.osteomalacia
2.pagets ds
3.osteitis fibrosa cystica
4. fibrous dysplasia
ans given 1. but how plz explain why not 4.

thanks pbkl.I am confused i think that s.sanguis is a type of s.viridans.is this correct?can u plz tell from where have u read this.becoz what i remember that s.viridans has s.mutans that cause carries n s.sanguis cause subacute endocarditis .plz explain

here another question
1.An 8 yr old girlpresent to ur office for regular dental care .On physical exam u find that she has delayed erruptionsof several teeth n dentin n enamel defect.The carries rate also seem high.
1.osteomalacia
2.pagets ds
4. fibrous dysplasia

SABE - Viridans streptococci
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/896540-overview
howe'er gytbdc , wiki does say sanguis and decks i guess says, viridans (can somebody pls confirm!)

Osteomalacia in children= rickets ? right .......
where did u find this question ?
Fibrous dysplasia - age of onset is , puberty and onwards usually 2nd and 3rd decade affected

SABE - Viridans streptococci
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/896540-overview
howe'er gytbdc , wiki does say sanguis and decks i guess says, viridans (can somebody pls confirm!)

Osteomalacia in children= rickets ? right .......
where did u find this question ?
Fibrous dysplasia - age of onset is , puberty and onwards usually 2nd and 3rd decade affected
Thanks how is your study going.
rickets occur in children due to vit d defficiency but osteomalacia due to same reason in adults.
I m still not sure with s.viridans .I remember deck also say s.sanguis but in dental aids say s.viridans.
hey more i study more i confuse n sometimes i feel like this study ,revision will never end.

here another question
1.osteomalacia
2.pagets ds
4. fibrous dysplasia

ans is for sure s.viridans for first question....given in decks,first aid.
yess!!strep viridans includes mutans,mitis,sanguis,salivarius......
mutans and sanguis r most commonly isolated from the dental plaque.

for secnd question-
they r manifestations of vit d deficiency.ans shud be rickets.

ans is for sure s.viridans for first question....given in decks,first aid.
yess!!strep viridans includes mutans,mitis,sanguis,salivarius......
mutans and sanguis r most commonly isolated from the dental plaque.

for secnd question-
they r manifestations of vit d deficiency.ans shud be rickets.
Thank you pbkl.actually in option ricket is not given.
Can u plz explain the nerve supply of pharyngeal muscle .what I have read that all the pharyngeal muscle is supplied by vagus nerve via pharyngeal plexus except stylopharyngeus which is supplied by glossopharyngeal. but in aids given spinal accessory.plz explain?

Can u plz explain the nerve supply of pharyngeal muscle .what I have read that all the pharyngeal muscle is supplied by vagus nerve via pharyngeal plexus except stylopharyngeus which is supplied by glossopharyngeal. but in aids given spinal accessory.plz explain?

hey gytbdc
u r right.all the longitudinal and circular muscles of pharynx r innervated by vagus via the pharyngeal plexus except stlylopharyngeus.given in decks..

All the pharyngeal muscles are supplied by vagus (X) and spinal accessory nerve ( cranial part- intrinsic muscles ) except stylopharyngeus which is supplied by glossopharyngeal (in addition, stylopharyngeus is landmark for locating glossopharyngeal nerve).

All the pharyngeal muscles are supplied by vagus (X) and spinal accessory nerve ( cranial part- intrinsic muscles ) except stylopharyngeus which is supplied by glossopharyngeal (in addition, stylopharyngeus is landmark for locating glossopharyngeal nerve). :thumbup:

Thanks how is your study going.
rickets occur in children due to vit d defficiency but osteomalacia due to same reason in adults.
I m still not sure with s.viridans .I remember deck also say s.sanguis but in dental aids say s.viridans.
hey more i study more i confuse n sometimes i feel like this study ,revision will never end.

yeah its the same with me, sometimes i end up wasting hours and feel so guilty, coz this time is never gonna come back !

and multiple sources do tend to confuse, FIrst aid i guess is not error proof , which decks are you following ? keep the good deed going, and post questions and share knowledge, it helps i guess !

which of the following do not contribute to arch stability
1. cusps
2. root forms
3. embrasures
4. contact areas
5. periodontal fibers.

is the ans 5?
its from ASDA paper packet C n the ans given was 4, confused..:confused:

1. cusps
2. root forms
3. embrasures
4. contact areas
5. periodontal fibers.

is the ans 5?
Answer for this 3-embrasures
4-contact areas stablize the arch whereas embrasures act as spillways for food rather than stabilizing arch.
correct me if wrong.

Answer for this 3-embrasures
4-contact areas stablize the arch whereas embrasures act as spillways for food rather than stabilizing arch.
correct me if wrong.
hi,
I m sure that contact area can't b ans becoz they support arches given in decks n embrassure are formed by the contact area so not sure whether they support or not.some body clear do cusp support arch n how?

most caries resisitant tooth
1. mandubular central incisor
2. mandibular canine
hi iomega
actually today I read from aids n its given mand central incisor as answer n now i m confused plz clear where do u get this question?

Canine's are the most resistant to caries. So answer is 2. This is just one of those facts you have to memorize... I don't know why. Just know it

Which of the following therapeutic agents​

are classed as broad-spectrum antibiotic

a.Tetracycline.
b.Olloromycetin@
c.Dihydrostreptomycin
d.Penicillin
e.Isoniazid

(a) and (b) only
a}, (b), (d) and (e)
a}, (c) and (e)
a}and (e) only
b), (c) and (d)

\c) and (d) only
All of the above

tetracycline is for sure an broad spectrum i think its a and b

which of the following therapeutic agents​

are classed as broad-spectrum antibiotic

a.tetracycline.
b.olloromycetin@
c.dihydrostreptomycin
d.penicillin
e.isoniazid

(a) and (b) only
a}, (b), (d) and (e)
a}, (c) and (e)
a}and (e) only
b), (c) and (d)

\c) and (d) only
all of the above

the answer is central incisors coz there is the opening oef the mandibular salivary gland near them so there increased exposure to saliva compared to other teeth which prevents the retention of food in that area and prvents caries i think this is the reasonb correct me if am wrong

1. cusps
2. root forms
3. embrasures
4. contact areas
5. periodontal fibers.

is the ans 5?

hey iomega!!
just checked ASDA packet C,ans is given as 3.i think u mislooked it.

hi iomega
actually today I read from aids n its given mand central incisor as answer n now i m confused plz clear where do u get this question?
Mandibular canine is the answer, just one of the questions repeated multiple times in asda papers.
Guys please help me with the answers (contoversial) of following questions

Q1 Which of the following primary teeth bears the least resemblance to any other tooth, primary or permanent?
1. Mandibular first molar
2. Maxillary first molar

Q2 In the primary maxillary first molar , number and form of the roots correspond to those of the
1.Mandibular third molar
2.Maxillary first premolar
3.Mandibular first premolar
4.permanent mandibular first molar

Q3 Compared with permanent crowns, the enamel on primary tooth crowns is relatively
1. Thin and is less variable in thickness
2. thick particulary over cusp tips

Q4 The enamel on the occlusal surfaces of primary molars is
1. of uniform thickness, and is close to 1mm. thick
2. of uniform thickness, and is about 2mm. thick
3. thicker at the cusp tips than in the central grooves, and is 2-2.5mm. thick
4. thicker in th ecentral grooves than at the cusp tips, and is 2-2.5mm thick

Mandibular canine is the answer, just one of the questions repeated multiple times in asda papers.

Q1 Which of the following primary teeth bears the least resemblance to any other tooth, primary or permanent?
1. Mandibular first molar -ans[wheelers]
2. Maxillary first molar

Q2 In the primary maxillary first molar , number and form of the roots correspond to those of the
1.Mandibular third molar
These r all have 2 roots bt pri max 1st M has 3 roots
Q3 Compared with permanent crowns, the enamel on primary tooth crowns is relatively
1. Thin and is less variable in thickness-ans

1. of uniform thickness, and is close to 1mm. thick

correct me if i m wrong..

1. Mandibular first molar ans[given in decks]
2. Maxillary first molar

1.Mandibular third molar
its root resembles to permanent maxillary 1st molar.i.e it has 3 roots.none of the above

1. Thin and is less variable in thickness ans given in decks

1. of uniform thickness, and is close to 1mm. thick ans given in decks
thank you for clearing that canine is more resistant to caries

-
mandibular canine is the answer, just one of the questions repeated multiple times in asda papers.

q1 which of the following primary teeth bears the least resemblance to any other tooth, primary or permanent?
1. Mandibular first molar -answer
2. Maxillary first molar

q2 in the primary maxillary first molar , number and form of the roots correspond to those of the
1.mandibular third molar
2.maxillary first premolar
3.mandibular first premolar
none of the above

q3 compared with permanent crowns, the enamel on primary tooth crowns is relatively
1. Thin and is less variable in thickness-answer
2. Thick particulary over cusp tips

q4 the enamel on the occlusal surfaces of primary molars is
1. Of uniform thickness, and is close to 1mm. Thick-answer
2. Of uniform thickness, and is about 2mm. Thick
3. Thicker at the cusp tips than in the central grooves, and is 2-2.5mm. Thick
4. Thicker in th ecentral grooves than at the cusp tips, and is 2-2.5mm thick