Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the sinus thats located below the sella turcica?

everything wud cause bleeding except?
increased systolic bld pressure
hypokalemia
cigarette smoking
decreased thrombaxane

if the pt is given the 115mg per ml of inulin, when the plasma concn of inulin is 0.1 mg/ml, whats the gfr?
115 mg/ml
0.1mg/ml

anybody pls state the ans with the explanation. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

mandibular canine,,due to flat surface lingualy ,,ive read it some where long time ago ...correct me if iam wrong !

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx guys

here r few more

which cell increases in periodontitis?
1 plasma cell
2. lymphocytes
3. neutrophil
4. macrophages
5. B cell
i know tht there in increase in IgG in periodontitis, so does tht mean plasma cell is the ans??

primary teeth differs from perm teeth by
1 enamle prismatic arrangment
2 dentinal tube arrangement
3 mineral content
is it 1 or 3?

thanx guys

here r few more

1 plasma cell
2. lymphocytes
3. neutrophil-answer(acute)
4. macrophages
5. B cell
i know tht there in increase in IgG in periodontitis, so does tht mean plasma cell is the ans??

1 enamle prismatic arrangment-answer(not sure)
3 mineral content
is it 1 or 3?

pls correct if wrong..

thanx guys

here r few more

1 plasma cell
2. lymphocytes
3. neutrophil
4. macrophages
5. B cell

1 enamle prismatic arrangment
3 mineral content
is it 1 or 3?
HI
I think ans of 1st will b neutrophil becoz periodontitis is caused by bacteria .
2nd I don't know i haven't started dental anatomy revision.

most caries resisitant tooth
1. mandubular central incisor
2. mandibular canine
hi iomega
I think u posted one granuloma question I had given the answer none with reason but i was not sure but today I read that granuloma contain granulation tissue so answer will b definately granuloma

thanx guys

here r few more

1 plasma cell
2. lymphocytes
3. neutrophil
4. macrophages
5. B cell

1 enamel prismatic arrangement
3 mineral content
is it 1 or 3?

Answers from asda papers.

Q1)which is least likely to infect a burn lesion?
a)C.tetani
b)S.aureus
c)M.ulceratum
d)P.aerugenosa

Q2)most abundant in the oral cavity?
a)S.salivarius
b)S.sanguis
c)S.mutans

salivarius or sanguis and why?

Q3)2)pt gets extraction,presents with fever n blood under his fingernails(splinter blood clots),what disease process was most likely cause of this?
a)DIC
b)thrombocytopenia
c)endocarditis
d)vasculitis

Q4)An autosomal dominant trait showing 50% penetrance will be phenotypically expressed in what percent of the offspring ?
a.0
b.25
c.33
d.50
e.75

pls expln this

Q5)in respect to its effect upon movement of water between vascular and extravascular space,plasma colloid osmotic pressure acts in the same direction as
a)tissue pressure
b)venous pressure
c)capillary pressure
d)arteriolar pressure
e)tissue colloid osmotic pressure.

Q6)most superior and inferior branche of external carotid artery?

Inferior- superior thyroid a.
Superior- superficial temporal a. (??)

the terminal branches of ECA are Superficial temporal a & transverse facial a . pls correct me if wrong !

Q7)which epithelium sustains the trauma the best? (and why ?)
transitional epithelium?
stratified squamous epith?

Q8)4)when the mandible performs a laterotrusive movement, the laterotrusive side condyle moves primarily abt which foll. axis?
-vertical
-sagittal
-horizontal (answer)
-transverse

Q9)the nerves in dental pulp r
a)afferent only
b)sympathetic only
c)parasympathetic only
d)afferent and sympathetic
e)afferent and parasympathetic

Q10)in the horizontal plane, as the mandible moves in a lateral excursion, the midline of mandible moves
-straight anteriorly
-straight posteriorly
-straight laterally
-anteriorly and laterally(answer ?)
-posteriorly and laterally

Q11)which of foll. occurs in a right lateral movements?
-the rt condyle primarily rotates (answer)
-the rt condyle moves down the eminentia (what it means? )
-the facial cusps of the mandibular left side pass under the maxi left facial cusps
-the facial cusps of the mandi rt side pass under the maxillary rt lingual cusps

Q12)condyles on the laterotrusive side generally rotates abt a
-sagittal axis only
-horizontal axis only
-horizontal axis and translates laterally
-vertical axis and translates laterally

please lets discuss the answers to this set of questions with good explanation !

Answers from asda papers.

about the periodontitis question, shouldnt it be
plasma n lymphocytes --- chronic periodontitis ;
Neutrophils --- acute periodontitis ?

but its true that asda keys are as above.

Q1)which is least likely to infect a burn lesion?
a)C.tetani
b)S.aureus
c)M.ulceratum-answer
d)P.aerugenosa

Q2)most abundant in the oral cavity?
a)S.salivarius
b)S.sanguis
c)S.mutans

salivarius or sanguis and why?

Q3)2)pt gets extraction,presents with fever n blood under his fingernails(splinter blood clots),what disease process was most likely cause of this?
a)DIC
b)thrombocytopenia
c)endocarditis -answer.splinter hemorrhages in infective endocarditis is a characteristic feature.
d)vasculitis

Q4)An autosomal dominant trait showing 50% penetrance will be phenotypically expressed in what percent of the offspring ?
a.0
b.25
c.33
d.50
e.75

pls expln this

Q5)in respect to its effect upon movement of water between vascular and extravascular space,plasma colloid osmotic pressure acts in the same direction as
a)tissue pressure-answer
b)venous pressure
c)capillary pressure
d)arteriolar pressure
e)tissue colloid osmotic pressure.

Q6)most superior and inferior branche of external carotid artery?

Inferior- superior thyroid a.
Superior- superficial temporal a. (??)
yess,u r right.
the terminal branches of ECA are Superficial temporal a & transverse facial a . pls correct me if wrong !
superficial temporal and maxillary artery r terminal branches of ECA,present in parotid gland.
Q7)which epithelium sustains the trauma the best? (and why ?)
transitional epithelium?
stratified squamous epith?-answer.

Q8)4)when the mandible performs a laterotrusive movement, the laterotrusive side condyle moves primarily abt which foll. axis?
-vertical
-sagittal
-horizontal (answer)
-transverse
i think ans shud be vertical axis.

Q9)the nerves in dental pulp r
a)afferent only
b)sympathetic only
c)parasympathetic only
d)afferent and sympathetic-answer
e)afferent and parasympathetic

Q10)in the horizontal plane, as the mandible moves in a lateral excursion, the midline of mandible moves
-straight anteriorly
-straight posteriorly
-straight laterally
-anteriorly and laterally(answer ?)i too think this as answer.......not sure.
-posteriorly and laterally

Q11)which of foll. occurs in a right lateral movements?
-the rt condyle primarily rotates (answer)-answer.
-the rt condyle moves down the eminentia (what it means? )-articular eminence
-the facial cusps of the mandibular left side pass under the maxi left facial cusps
-the facial cusps of the mandi rt side pass under the maxillary rt lingual cusps

Q12)condyles on the laterotrusive side generally rotates abt a
-sagittal axis only
-horizontal axis only
-horizontal axis and translates laterally
-vertical axis and translates laterally-answer.

please lets discuss the answers to this set of questions with good explanation !

plss correct if wrong.

about the periodontitis question, shouldnt it be
plasma n lymphocytes --- chronic periodontitis ;
Neutrophils --- acute periodontitis ?

but its true that asda keys are as above.

Q1 - Logically I would say C. tetani is the answer. The name M. ulceratum implies it is found in ulcers. Burn lesions and ulcers are similar in that they are lesions lacking an epithelium, and thus are most likely similar environments. Further, C. tetani an anaerobe, and the most notorious oppertunistic pathogen of burns victims is P. aerugenosa, an obligate areobe. However, this doesn't rule out an anaerobe can't infect a deeper layer of the tissue. But I were a betting man I would go with C. tetani.

Q4 - 25% of progeny would be affected. Autosomal dominance inheritance will effect 50% of offspring but with only 50% penetrance (the number of genotypic individuals displaying the phenotypic trait) this makes the answer 25% because 0.5 x 0.5 = .25

Could someone help me out with mesial & distal concavities present on the roots, it'll b of great help..
i always tend to make mistakes with question asking about concavities..
thanx.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please help me in answering these questions

Q: which of the following is not a complication of untreated left-sided heart failure ?
1.orthopnea
2.pleural effusion
3.bacterial pneunmonia
4.myocardial hyperplasia(given answer )
5.paroxysmal nocturnal dysnea
but shouldn't it be 3 , plz do correct me if its wrong.

Q: which of the following is presently being used in immunotherapy of cancer ?
1.TPI
2.BCG
3.SBE
4.OX19
5.H and O

Q: which is the most serious pneumoconiosis ?
silicosis or anthracosis ?

left heart failure reults in left ventricular hypertrophy...henc d ans myocardial hyperplasia is rite..

for the second question..BCG is being used in immunotherapy

silicosis is more serious complication dan anthracocis..am not too sure though abt dis

Sorry , Max and superficial temporal arteries are terminal branches of ECA . Dunno what on earth hovered on me......may be i was out of my mind !

-vertical
-sagittal
-horizontal (answer)
-transverse

i dint get the meaning of laterotrusive condyle, is it asking working or non-working..........

considering it a working condyle - which primarily rotates, the primary action is around hinge axis which is horizontal axis .

please correct me if anybody can with more explanatory answer if any

Thanks guys for taking time to reply , also somebody pls come up with correct DA answers and expln them if possible

On the crown of the mandibular canine,the general labial convexity is normally not so great as that of which of the following teeth?

A maxillary canine

B maxillary incisors

C mandibular incisors

D maxillary premolars

E mandibular premolars

The maxillary first,second and third molars differ in occlusal surface anatomy.Which of the following represents the Most significant difference?

a.size of mesial fossa
B.size of distolingual cusp
C.presence of oblique ridges
D.presence of cusp of Carabelli

On the crown of the mandibular canine,the general labial convexity is normally not so great as that of which of the following teeth?

A maxillary canine

B maxillary incisors

C mandibular incisors

D maxillary premolars

E mandibular premolars
I think maxillary canine plz correct me if wrong

The maxillary first,second and third molars differ in occlusal surface anatomy.Which of the following represents the Most significant difference?

a.size of mesial fossa

b.size of distolingual cusp

A maxillary canine

B maxillary incisors

C mandibular incisors

D maxillary premolars

E mandibular premolars

Even i think its maxillary canine, but i sw some1 answering mandibular premolars so got confused.

left heart failure reults in left ventricular hypertrophy...henc d ans myocardial hyperplasia is rite..

silicosis is more serious complication dan anthracocis..am not too sure though abt dis

hey appu09
regarding LHF,i didnt get ur logic........the question says which is NOT a complication.....
untreated LHF results in ventricular hypertrophy so,it means it is a complication,right?????
pls correct if wrong...

a.size of mesial fossa

yeah even i think it should be size of distolingual cusp.

Please help me in answering these questions

Q: which of the following is not a complication of untreated left-sided heart failure ?
1.orthopnea
2.pleural effusion
3.bacterial pneunmonia
4.myocardial hyperplasia(given answer )
5.paroxysmal nocturnal dysnea
but shouldn't it be 3 , plz do correct me if its wrong.

Q: which of the following is presently being used in immunotherapy of cancer ?
1.TPI
2.BCG-answer
3.SBE
4.OX19
5.H and O

Q: which is the most serious pneumoconiosis ?
silicosis or anthracosis ?
silicosis sure.

hey appu09
regarding LHF,i didnt get ur logic........the question says which is NOT a complication.....
untreated LHF results in ventricular hypertrophy so,it means it is a complication,right?????
pls correct if wrong...

Hey Pbkal untreated LHF causes left ventricular hypertrophy n not hyperplasia ( remember cardiac muscle n skeletal muscle cannot increase in cell no, only the cell size increases)

A maxillary canineanswer

B maxillary incisors

C mandibular incisors

D maxillary premolars

E mandibular premolars

a.size of mesial fossa
B.size of distolingual cusp-answer

which of the following primary grooves uniting in the distal pit on the occlusal surface of the manibular 2nd molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of the 1st molar?( wht does this even mean)

1. distolingual
2. DF triangular
3. DL triangular
4. distal marginal
5. distal portion of the central

Hey Pbkal untreated LHF causes left ventricular hypertrophy n not hyperplasia ( remember cardiac muscle n skeletal muscle cannot increase in cell no, only the cell size increases)

nice question,i know its hypertrophy ,but hardly could make out that its given hyperplsia in options......mistaken it for hypertrophy while reading...........
thanks for making out the difference..

diagnosis of rheumatic fever conferm when there will b
1.two major jones criteria
2.one major one minor
3.one major
4.1 n 2

nice question,i know its hypertrophy ,but hardly could make out that its given hyperplsia in options......mistaken it for hypertrophy while reading...........
thanks for making out the difference..
Thank you guys.!! :) even i couldnt make out the difference..took for granted that its hypertrophy and over read it..!! Thanks

Last edited:

yes it should be silicosis but answer given in asda is anthracosis
and BCG is for bladder ca. and answer in asda for this is SBE, so i was confused...!!!
Thank you for the reply :thumbup:

diagnosis of rheumatic fever conferm when there will b
1.two major jones criteria
2.one major one minor
3.one major
4.1 n 2

when 2 major and 1 minor creteria r met.is 1 ans??
pls confirm..
just remember reading option 2 also somewhere in decks,..........not sure though....

Last edited:
hey pbkal,,
i read it somewhere its says @ least if one major will confirm it + the minor criteria (but here it doesnt says one minor .....)
why answer is 4 ???????????????????????iomega

when 2 major and 1 minor creteria r met.is 1 ans??
pls confirm..
just remember reading option 2 also somewhere in decks,..........not sure though....

Hey , of what i could remember it, decks said,
two of the major criteria, or one major criterion plus two minor criteria, are present along with evidence of streptococcal infection !

which means answer is 1.

pls correct me if wrong

A/c to decks answer must b 1 i.e two major criteria .I have also seen wiki.
so for jones criteria two major or
one major two minor criteria can conferm RHD.
in aids its written one major n one minor .BUT i will go with decks bcoz in the college also I have learned the same

in aids its written one major n one minor .BUT i will go with decks bcoz in the college also I have learned the same

Yes ur right !

so,the answer is 1.right????

which of the following primary grooves uniting in the distal pit on the occlusal surface of the manibular 2nd molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of the 1st molar?( wht does this even mean)

1. distolingual
2. DF triangular
3. DL triangular
4. distal marginal
5. distal portion of the central

Hey , iomega
Answer - 5

its asking about central groove , how its pattern , is different in 1st and 2nd Mand molars ,incase of 1st mand molar its merging with distobuccal groove which is missing in 2nd so central groove ends at distal pit

am guessing, yet to do DA properly , please correct me if wrong , and suggest proper exlpn !

Hey , iomega
Answer - 5

its asking about central groove , how its pattern , is different in 1st and 2nd Mand molars ,incase of 1st mand molar its merging with distobuccal groove which is missing in 2nd so central groove ends at distal pit

am guessing, yet to do DA properly , please correct me if wrong , and suggest proper exlpn !

this qestion is from M or N series ( dont remember which one), n the answer given was DF traingular..
m still confused, even i thought ans would b 5..
still tryin to figure out this question (may be the key is wrong!!)

this qestion is from M or N series ( dont remember which one), n the answer given was DF traingular..
m still confused, even i thought ans would b 5..
still tryin to figure out this question (may be the key is wrong!!)

honestly i thought DF triangular, but , strayed away and settled for this , coz of the central groove, which the question seemed to lay stress on.....howe'er DF triangular fossa is an addition(in case of 1st mand molar) which the central groove ends in.

I rarely defy the keys . I read somwher its almost always never wrong.
The words were tricky i guess !

Hi,
which statement is true?
1.BCC is a beningn tumour of skin which never metastasize.
2.BCC is a malignant which metastasize
3.BCC is malignant which never metastasize.

Hi,
which statement is true?
1.BCC is a beningn tumour of skin which never metastasize.
2.BCC is a malignant which metastasize
3.BCC is malignant which never metastasize.