Questions about Ross University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xucardsfan08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Is it too late to apply for September 2008 admission? I haven't been able to find anything on their website related to admission deadlines.

2) What is the living situation like? Cable/internet issues, to have a car there or not, etc.

3) If there are extenuating circumstances, would a 2.4 GPA have a chance with an MCAT score of 28P?

Members don't see this ad.

1)Ross has rolling admissions. They fill. Applying now for September is good. Do it now, or you'll be rolled to January.
2) Depends on you. It IS a third world country. Your milk will come from a box, or for some brave souls, powder. They will run out of eggs. It does rain 350 days of the year there. Their electricity is not reliable (scheduled blackouts to conserve...only the schedule is up to them and totally random). There are only out-doorsy things to do (hiking/scuba/horses/ATVing/whale watching)--no movies theatre (except bootleg campus ones), no malls. Letters take 2 weeks to recieve, packages 6 weeks (express=2weeks). Strangers will beg for money every day. If you dont care about such things, then you'll be fine. As far as education, you'll get it. Cable (HBO/CINEMAX/Showtime included...no Fox though when I was there) and internet (cable at dorms, dsl everywhere else) is readily avail. You don't need a car, but can buy one cheap there if you really need one.

3) You might as well apply. What do you have to lose? If you are worried about the $100 admission fee or whatever, then you have to reeval your priorities. You have a chance. Have a good explaination for your interview, but don't dwell in your personal statement about GPA.

My, I had no idea Dominica was so...in need of economic reform. You do not hear about that on Ross's website. Scheduled blackouts, indeed! Plenty of cable tv but no eggs! Whose priorities need reevaluation? Ha! The cost of living must be a pittance in camparison to the US and Canada. I think I will apply. I do love roughing it. It reminds me of my ancestral country in the Balkans. Except the rain for 355 days a year. It is just the reverse in the Balkans. Tell me more about the variety and availability of food on the island. How is crime? The threat of hurricane is very real on that island, sticking out in the Atlantic like a sore thumb.

What did mean about the education when you said "you'll get it". And don't reply with "you'll get it". Could you give us slightly more detailed account?

Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview at Ross. Very excited! Does anyone know the acceptance rate for students that interview? I read somewhere that they interview everyone but that doesn't make much sense...:confused: And for those that interviewed how long did it take for you to find out afterwards if you were accepted?

I just got an interview at Ross. Very excited! Does anyone know the acceptance rate for students that interview? I read somewhere that they interview everyone but that doesn't make much sense...:confused: And for those that interviewed how long did it take for you to find out afterwards if you were accepted?

I wonder why they are still interviewing??? I was sent a letter (From Ross) asking me if I wanted to start in May because the September class was full (the class I was accepted to).

I am confused as to why they would take an over-crowded condition and make it worse???? I guess money speaks louder than words.

I wonder why they are still interviewing??? I was sent a letter (From Ross) asking me if I wanted to start in May because the September class was full (the class I was accepted to).

I am confused as to why they would take an over-crowded condition and make it worse???? I guess money speaks louder than words.

Dude i got the same letter asking me if i wanted to switch to may when i was accepted for sept. they still havent sent me my acceptance package to pay my deposit and it has been lie 3 months since i got in. is this the same with other people?

Maybe they are planning on accepting new applicants for January? Who knows. My interview is not until May 5th so I'll ask then.

BTW, have you been reading about the clinical situation on ValueMD? If there are any current Ross students in their clinical rotations I would love to hear something positive....

Maybe they are planning on accepting new applicants for January? Who knows. My interview is not until May 5th so I'll ask then.

BTW, have you been reading about the clinical situation on ValueMD? If there are any current Ross students in their clinical rotations I would love to hear something positive....

I have heard the clinical situation is not as bad as the students make it seems. It's just that they dont wanna be flexible and move around abit. That's y am still gonna go ahead with ross despite its clinical issues.

Ok..that definitely gets one thinking. My Interview is this week and its for admission for the may semester as well....I hope i don't get bumped into the fall semester entry...

I heard of a friend of mine who has to take a semester in miami this summer before she goes over to the carib....anybody know why that is?

For those applying to Ross University...

1) YES, they're packed for the September term. You're much likely to get into May and January terms.

2) I got accepted to May term. Notified of acceptance 3 days after my interview.

3) Don't be nervous. If you want to know what your chances are, you can PM me your stats and I'll let you know. Ross has a preparatory program that they'll put students into if they think the candidate is decent but they still have concerns in some academic areas. If you do well in this program, you're guaranteed a seat in the school.