Question on how to list publication on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuzy

Startled Red Panda
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So another undergraduate in my research lab and I wrote a chapter for our PI's inorganic chemistry textbook and helped (and when I say 'helped' I mean did on our own :laugh:) with the editing, writing abstracts, preparing the bibliographies, and making figures for all of the other chapters. We're listed in the Acknowledgements as the authors of the chapter we wrote along with our pictures, but not as authors for the overall book (ie if you google the book, it just says our PI is the author so we would not appear in the citation).

I know acknowledgments don't really count for anything, but considering the amount of work that went into putting this textbook/chapter together I was wondering if there was a way for me to list this on AMCAS? My PI has said that he will include it in his LOR, so if he does that could I list this as a publication for just the chapter I helped write? Or should I mention it some other way?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.