question about pre-requisite courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

podbadger97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just had a question about the prerequisite course requirements for pod school. I see that under Scholl's prereq credit requirements it says it needs 12 semester hours of introductory biology with lab. Well, at the University that I attend, my Intro bio courses with lab amounted to 10 total credits. Will this be a problem? Each semester of bio was 5 credits each.

Members don't see this ad.

also, does anyone know how AACPM looks at AB grades? My school has them, and an AB is a 3.5 at my school, A is 4.0, B is 3.0. Will my gpa be negatively affected by the AACPM calculation?

Hi everyone, I just had a question about the prerequisite course requirements for pod school. I see that under Scholl's prereq credit requirements it says it needs 12 semester hours of introductory biology with lab. Well, at the University that I attend, my Intro bio courses with lab amounted to 10 total credits. Will this be a problem? Each semester of bio was 5 credits each.
I am sure it wouldn't be the problem. But check with admissions. Their admissions office is friendly and will answer any of your questions. Do not hesitate.

I had only 3 credits of general Bio and 2 credits of general bio lab. I had a ton of other bio courses and labs. I was not asked about that. Though last year, they did not want to accept my biochem instead of organic 2 course. I had 3 credits of Orgo 1 and 4 credits of Orgo Lab + 3 credits of Biochem and they told me I would have to take Orgo 2. Now I see on their requirements page they say that they accept biochem in place of Orgo 2.

I think you should be ok, but email or call admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone that might have this problem in the future and might stumble upon this post for help, Scholl told me I just have to take another advanced biology course with lab before matriculation.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.