Purdue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm curious, I got an interview at Purdue for next month but I don't anything about the reputation of the school... Does any one know anything about Purdue? Good or bad... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Purdue.....well...it's only what I dream of every day and night! It's #1 in my book of Veterinarian schools ... great community and professors (and I also live in Indiana so that's another reason I will apply there)

It's reputation is OUTSTANDING! Much better than IU... Good luck...I know you will love this school!

I must add....I have always heard about how difficult it is to be accepted...the veterinary department must pick only the best because of the overwhelming number of applicants. But this is just what I have heard....their web site does give percentages of students accepted.

I'll be there too mbee! I'm super excited to see it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Purdue is my in-state school and I have a few friends there...they absolutely love it. My one friend brags about how much hands on experience you get in the first year, and I have heard that they have a file for all tests your freshman year with answers so you can see what to expect. To me it really seems like they want to you suceed (sorry if I spelt it wrong, tricky word...lol) But overall, the facility is nice and they have state of the art equipment, they just finished updating their radiology department (which is a plus for me b/c i LOVE radiology).

Overall, I have heard wonderful things about the school, and I am super excited to see it all again (I went to the Vet Open-House) in a couple of weeks!! :)

Does anyone know how their equine/large animal programs are? Are they known for anything in particular?