Purdue c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llamagirl620

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I haven't seen a Purdue thread yet and would really like one. I'm a second time applicant, IS, waitlisted last cycle and fingers crossed for this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS (purdue alum boiler up!!!)

Anyone with questions about Purdue feel free to ask me here or through private message! I’m also a Canadian student and going into large/mostly-production-animal medicine, for anyone that has questions about being out-of-state or large animal stuff at Purdue.

Reactions: 1 users
1st time OOS. I’m very excited about Purdue but I’m not expecting much because I heard they get the most applicants! Unsure how true that is

Second time IS applicant. I applied early last year and was waitlisted so we shall see how it goes this year!

Reactions: 1 user
Really hope I get into Purdue. It's a great school and a lovely town. First-time OOS and 3rd-time applicate. Hope all goes well for everyone!

Third time overall applicant and second time applying to Purdue. I applied for the first time in 2020, but did not last cycle. I have improved by application a lot since the first time so fingers are crossed. Good luck everyone!

First time OOS from CA! I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an OOS rejection. To be honest I could see that coming from a mile away lol. Not sure if this was a universal email as this is kind of early for Purdue to be sending out decisions? Either way be sure to check your emails y'all and let me know if I'm not the only one

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I received an animal about their interview process but not a rejection or an invite to interview?

Reactions: 7 users
I received an animal about their interview process but not a rejection or an invite to interview?
got the same thing. gave me a heart attack.
Do they do phased admissions? Was this just the first phase of rejections? I hope they dont get my hopes up with that email.

Do they do phased admissions? Was this just the first phase of rejections? I hope they dont get my hopes up with that email.
I have no clue. I’m wondering if this means we aren’t rejected and are likely going to get an interview ..

Anyone know?

KSU did the same type of thing before Thanksgiving, and they 'waitlisted' a LOT of people for interviews, so I wouldn't get your hopes up, but Purdue might be different.

KSU did the same type of thing before Thanksgiving, and they 'waitlisted' a LOT of people for interviews, so I wouldn't get your hopes up, but Purdue might be different.
Lord have mercy…waitlist is better than nothing. I am choosing to be hopeful lol

**edit…also..I wonder if they do waitlist people to interview because it’s not an interview with people, it’s a one way interview 😳

Last year, the thread basically had all decisions for interview or not sent out on the same day

OOS rejection! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Last year, the thread basically had all decisions for interview or not sent out on the same day
Yeah the email doesn’t say rejection or acceptance. It literally just says “interview invitations will be sent out on dec 16th, you can familiarize yourself with the platform etc etc”

Reactions: 2 users
yes i was about to mention the same thing. From my experience with Purdue from a past application cycle all emails were sent out at once. as i mentioned this is typically earlier than the past to hear from them at least from what i recall, so they could be changing things up a bit

Yeah the email doesn’t say rejection or acceptance. It literally just says “interview invitations will be sent out on dec 16th, you can familiarize yourself with the platform etc etc”

Got the same email as well, and I’m OOS.

I also got the same thing and I’m trying not to read into it too much?

I got the same email, OOS. Hoping it’s good news but not getting my hopes up

I also got the same thing and I’m trying not to read into it too much?
I’ve already read too much into it LOL. I’m praying for an interview invite.

Reactions: 4 users
Same! I feel like they wouldn’t send that email and encourage us to get familiar with the Kira website then not offer an interview (hopefully) fingers crossed!

Same! I feel like they wouldn’t send that email and encourage us to get familiar with the Kira website then not offer an interview (hopefully) fingers crossed!
But see now I’m like…there’s a lot of people here who got the email and no way they’ll interview us all…ahhh

First time IS applicant here! I also got the same email informing us about being familiar with the Kira website!

Me too. I’ve already got a few rejections </3 I’ve seen you on some of the other forums so I’m hoping for the best for us!

• Care
If it helps any of you at all I will be honest and say that my GPA is on the lower side and the most detrimental part of my application, which is why I was not too surprised. If I had to guess as to why these emails are being sent out separately the first thing that comes to mind is that maybe this first round was a GPA cut off of some sort, however I can't speak for everyone else who also got the same email. So maybe it is in phases this year.
As for the other email sent out, this reminds me of something Kansas State did. They had sent out emails where applicants could "sign up" for an interview date if selected but it didn't mean you were guaranteed an interview invite. In fact I saw quite a few people that did receive the email be either waitlisted or rejected so it's really hard to predict what could be coming next. Either way good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear about interviews!

OOS app and received the Kira interview email as well. Good luck to everybody!

IS and received the Kira email. Good luck to everyone 🤞🤞

It’s so weird how so many schools use Kira interviews since that’s my name 😂

• Haha
To those who got an interview invite, would you mind sharing your gpa? just curious :)

To those who got an interview invite, would you mind sharing your gpa? just curious :)
I don't think anyone has gotten actual invites yet. I got an email with information about invites. My GPA is 3.6 though. My science GPA was a little higher, around 3.7.

Yeah I don't think anyone has gotten one yet, but I have a 3.74 and my science GPA is a 3.67. Last 45 is 3.82.

My gpa is 3.68 and science is 3.45

** I do wanna say I haven’t received an interview invite

Wasn't an invite but I did get the Kira Talent thing. I'm oos and my overall was 3.93 and science was 3.88 calculated by vmcas

Purdue usually sends out interview invites towards the end or after our finals week is over (from a current Purdue undergrad). Our finals week ends on the 16th so emails will likely be sent out pretty close to then. (just a guess of course based on previous years)

I am getting so nervous about hearing back. My anxiety about decisions is starting to seep into my dreams 😧

OOS 2nd overall and 2nd time applying to Purdue!
I also got the kira talent thing. I don't recall them doing that last year-- everyone got a rejection/invite same day.

Also FWIW, I did a brief application review with Lori Stout in June(ish) and she was super nice and helpful. Highly recommend that :)

Do we think the email will come on Friday or before? I am also getting nervous since this is my last school that does interviews (I was denied from Illinois and Missouri). UGA (my IS) and NC State are just yes or no 😬

• Care
Do we think the email will come on Friday or before? I am also getting nervous since this is my last school that does interviews (I was denied from Illinois and Missouri). UGA (my IS) and NC State are just yes or no 😬
I wouldn't really expect it earlier than Friday personally.