Purdue c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if there will be questions about vet med on there!
The questions last year were more scenario based. Like think of a time you were working in a group and… how did you react? Or like tell us about a time when you…
So not so much directly vet med questions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The questions last year were more scenario based. Like think of a time you were working in a group and… how did you react? Or like tell us about a time when you…
So not so much directly vet med questions
Interesting..behavioral interview questions are the hardest!

I’m thinking of sitting down and doing my Kira interview today. I am so nervous, I’m shaking. I know I’m just supposed to be myself but I want to be the best version of myself.
This means so much to me and this interview could make or break my application

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m thinking of sitting down and doing my Kira interview today. I am so nervous, I’m shaking. I know I’m just supposed to be myself but I want to be the best version of myself.
This means so much to me and this interview could make or break my application
Me too! Good luck with it! You got this!

• Care
Also, did you have any trouble uploading your confidentiality agreement? It will not let me/nothing happens when I click upload or drag the file from my desktop when it is in the correct format.
I haven’t done it yet

I wonder how long after taking the interview before you hear back

I wonder how long after taking the interview before you hear back
Yeah the dean makes his phone calls in mid-February. He calls each admitted student individually so it can take a week or so. After all the phone calls are made, then waitlist and rejection emails are sent.

Just want to confirm that Purdue only needs our fall 22 transcripts if we are accepted, right? I haven't found anything on the webpage.

Correct they don’t need fall transcripts now

Reactions: 1 users
How did everyone feel about the interview?

Anyone remember how many minutes do we have to answer each question? Thx

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS, interviewed 1/4 honestly did not enjoy the experience one bit. Those intervewed, how was it? When should we hear back?

First time OOS, interviewed 1/4 honestly did not enjoy the experience one bit. Those intervewed, how was it? When should we hear back?
I really enjoyed it! I liked most questions except for one wild card. I didn’t like that we didn’t have any time, I felt like I couldn’t really show off who I was or my true thought process - but I think short and sweet will make them remain engaged when reviewing our answers.

My only other complaint is that the questions for practice were really light hearted and the actual questions weren’t - and I totally thought they’d have a fun light hearted question or two.

I really enjoyed that we could take time in between questions to breathe before starting the next.

Reactions: 2 users
I like the question itself but not the format and time for answering them.

first time applicant and first vet school interview. Is it normal to not feel very confident after the interview? I don’t think it went well for me but I also don’t know if I’m just overthinking it.

first time applicant and first vet school interview. Is it normal to not feel very confident after the interview? I don’t think it went well for me but I also don’t know if I’m just overthinking it.
I absolutely think it’s normal. It was my first interview and I don’t feel confident

I absolutely think it’s normal. It was my first interview and I don’t feel confident
I agree and particularly due to the way the interview is conducted: you are just speaking to the screen and you don't receive any feedback. This was not my first interview, the first was online but with another person on the other side, and receiving smiles and laughs from the interviewer helped me feel more confident, but with Purdue's style that doesn't happen. We usually are very hard on ourselves, I don't feel confident either but I'm sure we did better than we think!!

Reactions: 3 users
I agree and particularly due to the way the interview is conducted: you are just speaking to the screen and you don't receive any feedback. This was not my first interview, the first was online but with another person on the other side, and receiving smiles and laughs from the interviewer helped me feel more confident, but with Purdue's style that doesn't happen. We usually are very hard on ourselves, I don't feel confident either but I'm sure we did better than we think!!
Thank you and @flotus for replying. That makes me feel better that there are others that feel the same as me. But I completely agree that not having active feedback isn’t very reassuring.

Does anyone know the stats on getting into the program by being an IS Purdue student that gets a degree there?
Edit: I know they have a certain amount of seats reserved for Purdue students

Does anyone know the stats on getting into the program by being an IS Purdue student that gets a degree there?
Edit: I know they have a certain amount of seats reserved for Purdue students
You might be thinking of Vet Scholars? Veterinary Scholars Program

There are no VMCAS-pool seats reserved for Purdue students officially. Unofficially they might have a balance between Purdue and other IN universities they aim for but I don’t believe which university you’re at significantly or predictably affects your chances.

You might be thinking of Vet Scholars? Veterinary Scholars Program

There are no VMCAS-pool seats reserved for Purdue students officially. Unofficially they might have a balance between Purdue and other IN universities they aim for but I don’t believe which university you’re at significantly or predictably affects your chances.
To my knowledge, they do reserve a set amount of seats for Purdue grads...at least that was what I was told ~5 years ago when I was looking to get my undergrad from there.

Friends, do we think admissions decisions might come out earlier than mid-Feb? This wait is excruciating! lol

Friends, do we think admissions decisions might come out earlier than mid-Feb? This wait is excruciating! lol
My guess would be no, they're normally pretty consistent with mid-February (normally around Valentine's Day), but we can hope! Also, remember the dean calls each accepted student individually so it takes a few days for him to get through everyone.

• Care
My guess would be no, they're normally pretty consistent with mid-February (normally around Valentine's Day), but we can hope! Also, remember the dean calls each accepted student individually so it takes a few days for him to get through everyone.
Didn’t know I was supposed to hear from them via phone call! Good to know, thanks <3

Didn’t know I was supposed to hear from them via phone call! Good to know, thanks <3
No problem! Also for more info on what to expect, the call will be from a 765 area code number and I believe should start with 494 (meaning it comes from Purdue). That’s what it has been in the past at least, but as always it could change!

Nothing like a nice email to make me panic :rofl:

In case anyone was wondering it’s been 8 degrees almost every morning this week

In case anyone was wondering it’s been 8 degrees almost every morning this week
The wind chill was always brutal in west laf. I think my junior year of undergrad we had classes canceled all day because the wind chill was -35… and there was nothing like walking under the math building ice/wind tunnel

Hi future Class of 2027 members! I'm currently a first-year here at Purdue CVM (Class of 2026). I heard from an inside source that the admissions council is meeting tomorrow to make their final decisions on you all. Hang in there, you only have to wait a few more days! Last year we received our final decisions on the Friday after they met, and then the following Monday and Tuesday, so I would tentatively peg your final decisions as being released starting this Friday (can't be 100% sure on that though, obviously). Can't wait to see you all at Purdue!

Also, if you have any questions I can answer, I don't check here often but I'll try to help any way I can!

Boiler Up!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hi future Class of 2027 members! I'm currently a first-year here at Purdue CVM (Class of 2026). I heard from an inside source that the admissions council is meeting tomorrow to make their final decisions on you all. Hang in there, you only have to wait a few more days! Last year we received our final decisions on the Friday after they met, and then the following Monday and Tuesday, so I would tentatively peg your final decisions as being released starting this Friday (can't be 100% sure on that though, obviously). Can't wait to see you all at Purdue!

Also, if you have any questions I can answer, I don't check here often but I'll try to help any way I can!

Boiler Up!
do you happen to know in what order (if any) that they start calling accepted applicants? i'm a W in the last name department so i'm v worried lol

Who else is ready to wait around their phone for the next few days since it is almost the middle of February?

do you happen to know in what order (if any) that they start calling accepted applicants? i'm a W in the last name department so i'm v worried lol
From what I've heard there's not necessarily a pattern to the calls. Some people have said IS and then OOS but I haven't seen solid evidence for that. I don't think there's any pattern by last name either. I got my call on the Friday they started and I'm about the middle of the alphabet.

Hoping that y'all get calls starting tomorrow! They should come from a 765 area code. And if you miss it don't panic - just return the call. They won't take away your spot just because you didn't catch the first call (I missed mine)!

From what I've heard there's not necessarily a pattern to the calls. Some people have said IS and then OOS but I haven't seen solid evidence for that. I don't think there's any pattern by last name either. I got my call on the Friday they started and I'm about the middle of the alphabet.

Hoping that y'all get calls starting tomorrow! They should come from a 765 area code. And if you miss it don't panic - just return the call. They won't take away your spot just because you didn't catch the first call (I missed mine)!
Do you think calls will start tomorrow? I’m so nervous!!!!

I hope they don’t make us wait another week before they start calling!

Do you think calls will start tomorrow? I’m so nervous!!!!
Possibly! They started this Friday last year and they had the admissions retreat the Wednesday before. If not, I’d guess they start Monday!

• Care
Possibly! They started this Friday last year and they had the admissions retreat the Wednesday before. If not, I’d guess they start Monday!
Do you know around what time they started making calls last year?? Late in the day or early
in the afternoon? I’m OOS any way…so I doubt I’d even get a call today if they start lol

Do you know around what time they started making calls last year?? Late in the day or early
in the afternoon? I’m OOS any way…so I doubt I’d even get a call today if they start lol
My call came at 3:48 pm. That’s the earliest I’ve heard but I also haven’t asked around to find out how early on Friday calls started. I’d guess mid afternoon, if calls start today (and just a reminder - I don’t know that they will)

• Love
When do they usually send the decision email?

So... are we thinking nothing today?

I thought they started late in the day?

Yep hope is lost for today

• Sad
Since Friday was apparently a total bust who is ready for the next round of the waiting game tomorrow?

OOS ACCEPTANCE!! I just had to run out of the gym when I saw the 765 area code calling!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users