Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a second year student, I don't think there is any way Dean Reed goes about making phone calls. I think it is random and different each year. Also, a lot of students in the classes are people who were on the waitlists, so if you don't get a phone call, don't panic yet. It's far from over!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got called at around 9:45am est! Called back but no answer! I’m OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s a little scary thinking we might be on the last or second to last day of calls 😕

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what’s your area of interest? Is it LA or research related? This is the first time I heard about Purdue offering scholarship. Incredible!
I think it’s common to get a relatively small amount of scholarship money (I was offered $6000 for first year), but a significant scholarship is definitely more rare. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got called at around 9:45am est! Called back but no answer! I’m OOS.
I was in the same boat. Missed the call, gave him a call back and left a voicemail, and then he got back to me. If he called you, you're good!

Waitlist... just got the email. I am so sad right now 😭😭😭

OOS waitlist as well. Bummed, but at least they typically have movement on their waitlist!

OOS rejected, so yes they do reject people at this point. No hard feelings, that interview was a disaster and I wouldn’t have attended here anyways.

Last edited:
IS waitlist… I’m scared that it won’t move that much

OOS rejection. Good luck everyone.

I did a poll in my class and we had 14 people respond that they came off the waitlist. I have no idea how many of these were in state vs out of state and obviously this number varies each year. It also doesn't help that Purdue doesn't assign a number. Good luck!

Current students - as a first year, what time do classes start/do you get to Lynn? Where do you park on campus? I'm looking at a few different places for housing and that's one big factor in my decision.

Current students - as a first year, what time do classes start/do you get to Lynn? Where do you park on campus? I'm looking at a few different places for housing and that's one big factor in my decision.
Generally speaking, you can probably expect to be on campus from 8am to 5pm most days. There is always a little variation each year, and they do try to wean you in a little during first semester. Mind you, I am a little removed as a current fourth year. Parking on campus is variable. There are a few lots within 5-10 minutes, but some people find it easier to be closer to campus. I live within a 5 minute walking distance, so I mostly walk. I did the whole "living in the next town over and driving in" thing for two years and it wasn't for me but it works well for others.

Is there a dress code for classes?
For sake of brevity:

It isn't strictly enforced, but they do expect you to not have anything offensive. It wasn't uncommon to see some of my classmates wearing leggings and ripped jeans :). I only have heard of like...one case where someone was told to change and that was forever ago.

Congrats to those accepted and waitlisted. I was also accepted OOS. I have signed a lease with 2 other class of 2026 DVM candidates at Lark West Lafayette. It is a 4Br/4Ba, lease starting July 1st. We are in need of another roommate! If anyone would be interested in being our 4th roommate, please let me know. The three of us got in through an early admissions program this past summer. I can send you more apartment details if you're interested.

I am also looking for a roommate! I haven't signed the lease yet but am likely signing one at a 2 bedroom 1 bath in Chauncey Hill (and the price is actually pretty good - it's a house converted to apartments, not a big apartment building). If you're interested feel free to message me! I will be bringing my cat.

I think it’s common to get a relatively small amount of scholarship money (I was offered $6000 for first year), but a significant scholarship is definitely more rare. Congrats!
good to know it’s common to get scholarship even the amount is small! Thank you:)

I’m visiting March 11th ! Is anyone else attending that preview day ?
If I go to one, then it'll be on March 11. I'm up in the air because I go here and have been involved with the vet school already, but I do want to meet some people!

If I go to one, then it'll be on March 11. I'm up in the air because I go here and have been involved with the vet school already, but I do want to meet some people!
Yeah I wish there was a Facebook group of some sort to talk to other accepted students and get to know each other more !

Yeah I wish there was a Facebook group of some sort to talk to other accepted students and get to know each other more !
Agreed, especially since I'm looking for a roommate! I only know a handful of accepted people and it seems like none of them are looking for a place to live.

Just bought my plane ticket for the March 11th preview day! Excited to meet some of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed, especially since I'm looking for a roommate! I only know a handful of accepted people and it seems like none of them are looking for a place to live.
I’m not sure if they wait to accept new people into the group until a little while after acceptances go out, but you can try the Purdue Vet Med Student Community facebook group