Publications on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chowchowlover

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm filling out the ACMAS Work and Activities Section, and I had a question regarding publications. I have submitted two first-author case studies to a journal, and they have both been under peer review for over a month. I was wondering if it is okay to list these two case studies as publication entries under the Work and Activities section, and write in the description for both of them - "I have submitted this case report to X Journal. It is under the peer review process". Hopefully, if these get accepted, then I will write update letters to all schools I am applying to inform them (with citations included).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you can’t list them as publications. I actively have a paper that I’ve had to shop around to more than 5 journals over the last 2 years, so nothing is guaranteed just by submitting. Describe the work under your research activity and say it’s under review.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, you can’t list them as publications. I actively have a paper that I’ve had to shop around to more than 5 journals over the last 2 years, so nothing is guaranteed just by submitting. Describe the work under your research activity and say it’s under review.
Sounds good. So these are both case reports so there isn't really a research entry I've made for either of them. Do you think the best bet would be to just create a research entry in which I group both of these submissions together and state that I've submitted them to X journal. Also briefly explain my work in both of them, and hopefully provide update letter with acceptance?

Sounds good. So these are both case reports so there isn't really a research entry I've made for either of them. Do you think the best bet would be to just create a research entry in which I group both of these submissions together and state that I've submitted them to X journal. Also briefly explain my work in both of them, and hopefully provide update letter with acceptance?
Rather than using a Research tag, consider describing your projects under Teaching or Other.

That would be fine ,or the alternative suggested by @Catalystik