General Psychiatric Epidemiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KPZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am reaching out on a limb to try to gain some insight as to what the "top" psychiatric epidemiology program(s) is/are. I've done research on what schools are conducting research in that subspeciality and are "good" public health programs. However, it's such a niche specialty that I can't seem to really find opinions on it, so I'm hoping someone can help me with my decision.

I am currently waiting to hear back on final decisions for the MPH programs I applied to.

I got into (MPH): Emory, Columbia, Pitt, WashU, Florida
Waiting to hear from (ScM, MPH): Harvard, Johns Hopkins, VCU

I am a career changer and am not 100% sure what I will do after my MPH. I am seriously considering medical school, but may end up working full time or going for my PhD. Therefore, in a program I am looking for:
  • Strong psych epi research/curriculum/opportunities
  • Opportunities for research on the master's level, bonus if it's also in the med school
  • Good state to establish residency for further education
  • Good city/state for employment opportunities after graduation and/or the school has strong placement history for graduates (open to moving)
  • Excellent reputation, for public health and overall academics/research/health programs
  • Keeping loans to a minimum (WashU has given me a scholarship, Pitt offers no MPH funding, waiting to hear from the others)
Thank you very much for any input you have!!!

Members don't see this ad.