Programs that matched through SOAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is no mention of 4DCT so looks like some practice the WVU “old school way”. 2-5 cm margins and like ole timer “leaders” say “you do not want to miss”

Back in my day we said ‘if you ain’t missing you ain’t trying!’

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like several Astro presidents have unclear employment prospects within the specialty. Steve Hahn, Eichler and now the new one.Not sure what that says about Astro.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like several Astro presidents have unclear employment prospects within the specialty. Steve Hahn, Eichler and now the new one.Not sure what that says about Astro.
Good rad onc employment for the rest of this century will be luck-based... and never, ever, never letting go of any halfway reasonable job you land. Seriously. Don't let it go.

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't network hard enough.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
There is no mention of 4DCT so looks like some practice the WVU “old school way”. 2-5 cm margins and like ole timer “leaders” say “you do not want to miss”

Website link appears to be from June 2001, so will cut them a bit of slack on the content.

Word on the RadOnc Street is that the incoming ASTRO chair just got shafted from her hellpit program in Morgantown. Pretty sure WVU still gonna fill that spot through the SOAP if they can this cycle, with or without a chair

Very strange the ASTRO chairs have a tendency to be un/under-employed. Was this similar story not true of Thomas Eichler? Seems to be poignant about state of the field.

"You can be the chairperson of the society that controls our ENTIRE field, but you are still a replaceable cog who can lose their job at the institutional level"

*EDIT* - Oops, didn't see @RickyScott post, completely agree!

Reactions: 1 user
Very strange the ASTRO chairs have a tendency to be un/under-employed. Was this similar story not true of Thomas Eichler? Seems to be poignant about state of the field.
I think this is probably a nothing burger. I mean the state of the field is what it is, but not sure how most of our stories apply to these folks.

Eichler is retired of his own volition I'm pretty sure. He also must be around 70 years old. I believe he intentionally transitioned to a leadership position in ASTRO after years of volunteering.

Hahn is Hahn. Ascendant to the very top of the Peter principle. He will make money doing nothing.

I can't speak to the WVU chair.

Reactions: 3 users
I think this is probably a nothing burger. I mean the state of the field is what it is, but not sure how most of our stories apply to these folks.

Eichler is retired of his own volition I'm pretty sure. He also must be around 70 years old. I believe he intentionally transitioned to a leadership position in ASTRO after years of volunteering.

Hahn is Hahn. Ascendant to the very top of the Peter principle. He will make money doing nothing.

I can't speak to the WVU chair.

common sense. agreed.

STGM, before it even started :)