Previous posting about "mid-levels" - needs to be said

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nin123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this only because the thread was closed before I could respond. I am frankly appalled at the lack of respect shown on this website for health care professionals that are not physicians. Do you truly think you will be successful as a doctor if you don't treat everyone you work with, with respect? The fact that this is the PRE-MED forum and users are commenting on how they are better/smarter/more hardworking than PAs/NPs/RNs is absolutely ridiculous.
I am from a very rural area and went to an undergrad that produces many RNs, PAs and NPs, fields which are in high demand due to the lack of primary care in this particular area. Without them, many people would need to travel hours to see a physician. I volunteered in a hospital in my hometown and spent 99% of my time around PAs/NPs/RNs that were some of the kindest, most passionate, hard working, and most intelligent health care professionals I have ever met. The nursing and PA students I lived and studied with in undergrad worked just as hard as I did as a pre-med. The overall sense of entitlement and cocky attitudes on this site, about nearly everything, is pretty ridiculous and many of you need to take a good look at yourselves and ask why in the world you want to go into a profession that demands respect, kindness, compassion, and understanding. I'm pretty new to this site and have not had a good impression so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
f29.png

Reactions: 25 users
Members don't see this ad :)
alright so who's on doggo's team??

Reactions: 1 user
That thread was closed for a reason.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with much of what you said, and I think a lot could be done to improve the relationship between doctors and other members of the healthcare team, who deserve equal respect. But I'm sure you understand that when you make a rather blanket criticism of this site and the people who contribute to it, it won't lead to a productive discussion. I've personally found most members of this site to be incredibly compassionate and generous, and I'll be proud to have them as colleagues one day.

I'm posting this only because the thread was closed before I could respond. I am frankly appalled at the lack of respect shown on this website for health care professionals that are not physicians. Do you truly think you will be successful as a doctor if you don't treat everyone you work with, with respect? The fact that this is the PRE-MED forum and users are commenting on how they are better/smarter/more hardworking than PAs/NPs/RNs is absolutely ridiculous.
I am from a very rural area and went to an undergrad that produces many RNs, PAs and NPs, fields which are in high demand due to the lack of primary care in this particular area. Without them, many people would need to travel hours to see a physician. I volunteered in a hospital in my hometown and spent 99% of my time around PAs/NPs/RNs that were some of the kindest, most passionate, hard working, and most intelligent health care professionals I have ever met. The nursing and PA students I lived and studied with in undergrad worked just as hard as I did as a pre-med. The overall sense of entitlement and cocky attitudes on this site, about nearly everything, is pretty ridiculous and many of you need to take a good look at yourselves and ask why in the world you want to go into a profession that demands respect, kindness, compassion, and understanding. I'm pretty new to this site and have not had a good impression so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Just an aside but the poster I had to correct on his/her lack of facts was a medical student.

BTW, I am most upset at the closing of that thread was the puns were just starting on the photo of the grumpy puppy. But when the accusations start raining down like cats and dogs, it must be closed. or at least there needs to be a paws. no use getting howling mad about it. best let sleeping dogs lie

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

I'm an occasionally visitor to this site (though I've been a member for a long time) and I don't visit the pre-med forum often so I can't speak to what posters are saying. PA/NP/RN students are all bright/hardworking, as are PT/OT students (I was a PT prior to med school, school was hardcore). From what I gather I think some physicians get irked when mid-levels believe they know more or should have equal privileges despite having less training. Perhaps this animosity dribbles down to the pre-med level.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.