post your preliminary scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramizlol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
VA 382 18
bio 435 92
Rc 395 41
QA 430 91
CHEM 438 93

Composite 416 79

Screw verbal!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How is my composite score higher than yours? most of your scores are better than mine... weird.[/QUOTE]

thanks and the reason why ur composite is better than mine is bc of ur Chem score! u hit that out of the stadium with 500+!!!! very nice.

Me too.
For people who posted their preliminary scores here, can you tell us what your average raw scores and average percentile were on the pearson practice tests (if you took any)??
I missed like half of the VA problems on practice tests (very very bad--probably like 20th percentile...) and missed about 8~10 out of 48 problems on Chem and Bio subtests.
The Pearson practice test score report gives a wide range of percentile.
Does anyone know about how many problems you can miss to get 90+ percentile on each subtest???
some students say they think they did worse coming out but yet their scores are still in the 70's-90's range, that's what has me wondering what these folks got before taking the test

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who used dr. collins , what subjects did you see the most questions repeats from dr. collins (word for word) on the actual pcat test?

Hello, just took my first PCAT a few days ago and only after a week or so of cramming (whoops).

Preliminary results as follows:
Verbal: 427/87
Biology: 435/92
Reading Comprehension: 415/78
Quantitative Ability: 405/58
Chemistry: 455/98
Composite: 427/92

My lack of preparation for the QA section really showed but overall I'm very surprised and pleased with my score!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, just took my first PCAT a few days ago and only after a week or so of cramming (whoops).

My lack of preparation for the QA section really showed but overall I'm very surprised and pleased with my score!
grats! what did you use to study? Collins/kaplan/pearson ?

grats! what did you use to study? Collins/kaplan/pearson ?
I only had 2 nights to study with the Collins study guide, but it was extremely helpful. I studied with Kaplan for around a week and was still good practice though very time consuming. In my opinion Kaplan gives you too much information to learn while Dr. Collins condenses it all nicely. However, if someone studied for longer than I did (which you should) I recommend at least having Kaplan or another "big book" type prep book to supplement Collins.

Last edited:
I only had 2 nights to study with the Collins study guide, but it was extremely helpful. I studied with Kaplan for around a week and was still good practice though very time consuming. In my opinion Kaplan gives you too much information to learn while Dr. Collins condenses it all nicely. However, if someone studied for longer than I did (which you should) I recommend at least having Kaplan or another "big book" type prep book to supplement Collins.

I didn't get to go through the entire Dr Collins guide but I'm pretty sure I saw the most repeats in the verbal ability section.
what is your background like? as in how far are you in your classes at the moment ?

what is your background like? as in how far are you in your classes at the moment ?
I'm pretty much done with all the prereqs and currently taking microbiology and physiology (which helped a bit for the PCAT). However it's been 4 years since I've taken Calc and almost 4 years since I took Ochem I and II. That being said, I've been a General Chemistry tutor for about a year and that has helped me keep chemistry pretty fresh. I would say my background definitely helped and I wouldn't recommend anyone doing what I did unless they have a solid background in the subjects tested.

I took the PCAT today and here are my stats:

Comp: 84
Verbal: 13 (LOL)
Bio: 51
Reading Comp: 56
Qua. Abi.: 98
Chem: 98

My comp seems ridiculously high for my subtlest scores, don't know if there was an error or not lol.

I took the PCAT today and here are my stats:

Comp: 84
Verbal: 13 (LOL)
Bio: 51
Reading Comp: 56
Qua. Abi.: 98
Chem: 98

My comp seems ridiculously high for my subtlest scores, don't know if there was an error or not lol.
what were your other scores? I don't know what they're called but its the ones that range from 0-600 I think

Hi everyone! I just wrote my pcat this afternoon.
Here are my prelim scores:

VA: 427 (87%)
Biology: 440 (95%)
Reading Comprehension: 392 (36%)
QA: 448 (98%)
Chemistry: 484 (99%)
Composite: 438 (98%)

really really bummed out about the low RC, contemplating whether it is worth rewriting or not.. I most likely won't but still :(

P.S., it is my second time writing

Hi everyone! I just wrote my pcat this afternoon.
Here are my prelim scores:

VA: 427 (87%)
Biology: 440 (95%)
Reading Comprehension: 392 (36%)
QA: 448 (98%)
Chemistry: 484 (99%)
Composite: 438 (98%)

really really bummed out about the low RC, contemplating whether it is worth rewriting or not.. I most likely won't but still :(

P.S., it is my second time writing

Grats on the amazing score! What did you use to study for the Bio/Quant?

Members don't see this ad :)

my prelimiinary score report follows:
Verbal: 403/52
Bio: 430/89
Reading comprehension: 377/15
Quantitative ability: 430/91
Chemistry: 449/97
Composite: 418/82

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Do I have a chance to get in a pharmacy school ? My RC is really low and I dont have any experience in the field yet. Greatly appreciate for your reply

Took the PCAT yesterday....

Here's my preliminary:
VA 427 / 87
BIO 434 / 91
RC 425 / 90
QA 399 / 45 !!!:eek:
CHEM 455 / 98
COMPOSITE 428 / 93%

I'm very happy with the composite score, but I do wish I wouldn't have done so lousy on the QA. I have 9 years pharmacy experience and a B.S. in Biochemistry, but my gpa is on the low end (3.0). Any thoughts about how many schools I should try to apply to??

Took it today nov 7 at 8 AM-
VA 437 94%
BIO 414 69%
RC 448 99%
QA 430 91%
CHEM 402 51%
COMPOSITE 426 92%

i know my composite isn't bad but is it really bad that my sciences are my lowest?
thought it was pretty hard, worse than my practice
i did kaplan free practice test and my scores were:
VA 429
BIO 413
RC 467
QA 462
CHEM 411
COMPOSITE 436 95%

my science GPA isn't the best in the mid 3s- took orgo out and did better on it
how important is it that i retake it?
thanks!

VA 395/38
Bio 440/95
RC 409/68
QA 410/67
Chem 438/93
Comp 418/82

My GPA is 3.9. Am I considered competitive? And should I retake?

I just took the PCAT and came home.
Verbal 403 / 52
Bio 502 / 99
RC 403 / 56
Quant 468 / 99
Chem 505 / 99

Composite 456 / 99

Honestly, I didn't even think I could get over 90 composite because I knew my verbal and RC would be REALLY low.
I started crying as soon as I got my score report and saw all those 99's.
99! YAY! XD
Does anyone know if my composite scaled score is on the low/high side of 99 percentile?
Anyway, I'm done!
Good luck to all of you taking the PCAT!

p.s. not selling Dr. Collins

Last edited:
Wow sick science scores! What did you use to prep for Bio/Quant?

For Bio, I used both Kaplan and Dr. Collins.
Use Kaplan to learn and UNDERSTAND (not memorize details) the concepts because it gives detailed explanations (but too much detail for many topics.)
Then, use Dr. Collins to learn about diseases (like which microorganism causes which disease) and drugs.
For Quant, I used Dr. Collins to learn general equations and concepts. Pearson practice tests were really helpful too.
Practice timing!
For Bio and Chem though, I think the classes I took at school (especially anatomy) really helped me the most.

I took it earlier in July and retook it yesterday! I managed to raise my composite from a 76 to 88!! Bio raised from 46-70 and quant from 83-96. Rc was still 60 though lol.
did u change study habits to get this height increase?

Verbal: 443/96%
Biology:440/95%
Reading:458/99%
Quantitative:448/98%
Chemistry:463/99%
Composite:450/99%

Somewhat pissed off about my biology score as I was a biology major. Studied for about 1.5 weeks with Collins, the stuff is pretty golden especially on verbal. My only advice for people is manage your time wisely, I ran out of time on every section.

Hello good people, I took the PCAT for the second time on Nov 3, and my composite went up 11% from 57 to 68. Here are my prelim scores:

Verbal: 423/82
Biology: 425/84
Reading: 416/79
QA: 381/13
Chemistry: 405/56
Composite: 410/68

I believe I did just fine on the essay section since I wrote a complete essay with time to go back, and take care of any possible grammatical errors. I didn't get to finish the QA section. :-( My top two choices for pharmacy school are South University in Savannah, and PCOM GA campus. Is my composite good enough for these schools? Im assuming they are low tier, because I believe I have read that PCOM considers a composite <45 not competitive, and South University's average is 45 for the class of 2017. My regular GPA is mid 2's, and science GPA is in the high 2's, but after this semester it should be in the low 3's. My classes this semester are Micro, Molecular, Biostat, and undergrad research. I have an associates degree in chemistry, and certification in medical coding. No experience working in a pharmacy, unfortunately.

I've noticed that a lot of people posting with concerns have high QA scores paired with low verbal or reading scores. My situation is the exact opposite. Language arts has always been my strong point, math has always been my weakness. Is this going to stop me from getting in these schools? Im not trying to get into the best school in the country, I just want to get into pharmacy school! The board exam doesn't care what school you went to, and neither does your future employer. I guess I have no choice but to retake, and try to bring up my QA score, but what east coast or southern schools should I be applying to? LAST QUESTION! Is QA considered a science subsection? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone! Took the last week and did WAY better than I was expecting! Need some help on deciding if I should take it again in January:

VA: 443/96
Bio: 440/95
RC: 425/90
QA: 404/55
Chem: 422/81

I'm definitely happy with my overall score, but the catch is my GPA is low! I would guess around a 2.8 (PharmCAS hasn't calculated it yet) but my past 2 years have been a 3.7 or so. Since my GPA is a weak spot on the application, do you recommend taking it again and working on improving my Chem and Math scores? Also, if I do worse the second time around then what happens? Greatly appreciate anyone's advice!

Hello everyone! Took the last week and did WAY better than I was expecting! Need some help on deciding if I should take it again in January:

VA: 443/96
Bio: 440/95
RC: 425/90
QA: 404/55
Chem: 422/81

I'm definitely happy with my overall score, but the catch is my GPA is low! I would guess around a 2.8 (PharmCAS hasn't calculated it yet) but my past 2 years have been a 3.7 or so. Since my GPA is a weak spot on the application, do you recommend taking it again and working on improving my Chem and Math scores? Also, if I do worse the second time around then what happens? Greatly appreciate anyone's advice!
Don't retake. I just got my acceptance letter and I received the same composite score as you. A 92 is great. I think you should try to get some pharmacy experience if you don't have any. It's not worth retaking a 90+ percentile PCAT score.

Don't retake. I just got my acceptance letter and I received the same composite score as you. A 92 is great. I think you should try to get some pharmacy experience if you don't have any. It's not worth retaking a 90+ percentile PCAT score.

Thank you for the input :)

Hey just wanted to repost my question… Hello good people, I took the PCAT for the second time on Nov 3, and my composite went up 11% from 57 to 68. Here are my prelim scores:

Verbal: 423/82
Biology: 425/84
Reading: 416/79
QA: 381/13
Chemistry: 405/56
Composite: 410/68

I believe I did just fine on the essay section since I wrote a complete essay with time to go back, and take care of any possible grammatical errors. I didn't get to finish the QA section. :-( My top two choices for pharmacy school are South University in Savannah, and PCOM GA campus. Is my composite good enough for these schools? Im assuming they are low tier, because I believe I have read that PCOM considers a composite <45 not competitive, and South University's average is 45 for the class of 2017. My regular GPA is mid 2's, and science GPA is in the high 2's, but after this semester it should be in the low 3's. My classes this semester are Micro, Molecular, Biostat, and undergrad research. I have an associates degree in chemistry, and certification in medical coding. No experience working in a pharmacy, unfortunately.

I've noticed that a lot of people posting with concerns have high QA scores paired with low verbal or reading scores. My situation is the exact opposite. Language arts has always been my strong point, math has always been my weakness. Is this going to stop me from getting in these schools? Im not trying to get into the best school in the country, I just want to get into pharmacy school! The board exam doesn't care what school you went to, and neither does your future employer. I guess I have no choice but to retake, and try to bring up my QA score, but what east coast or southern schools should I be applying to? LAST QUESTION! Is QA considered a science subsection? Thanks in advance.

Just retook my PCAT again today, and I can't seem to improve my scores for RC:bang: . I should have not rushed it and retake the test in less than 2 weeks...

New scores are as follows:

VA 398/43
Bio 425/84
RC 379/17
QA 430/91
Chem 505/99
Composite 427/92

Anyhow, would I still be competitive with a RC like that?

Thanks!!
Apply!!! dont worry about reading. any school would be dumb to give u up, u have the big 3 and that counts

Not sure if I've ever posted on the forum before. I was waiting to take the PCAT myself because I felt like until I scored good on the PCAT, theres not much for me to say. I just took the PCAT today, here is my preliminary scores

Verbal Ability 52% 403
Biology 92% 435
RC 89% 424
QA 72% 413
Chemistry 99% 526
Composite 98% 440

I primarily studied with Dr. Collins and subbed with CRACK THE PCAT SOFTWARE.

Verbal Ability ---> Only 6/7 questions from Dr. Collins. Was pretty tough and to be honest this subject is almost impossible to study for, you either need a little bit of luck and see a lot of Dr. Collins or you have an extensive vocabulary. English is my first language and I still didn't perform well on this subject. In my opinion, for this subject Dr. Collins isn't sufficient. Don't focus too much on this section, study for Chem, Bio, and Math because you need to knock those out of the park.

Biology ---> Dr Collins was definitely helpful and I saw a lot of questions from his material but MANY questions were downright ridiculous and I thought I was going to do horrible in this section. I used Dr. Collins mainly while making my own notes on the side. Dr. Collins is enough to me but you also need some common sense for biology because some of those questions were like.... BERRFF?

RC -----> I don't even know what to say about this section and I have NO IDEA how I got an 89%, My 2 Pearson Test RC scores were HORRIBLE and I was so sure I was going to FAIL this section. The passages were much longer than Pearson test and I barely finish the test in time. Still shocked at the score. I wouldn't focus too much on this section because you either have it or you don't. Just my opinion. I think I just got LUCKY here.

Chemistry ------> DR. COLLINS ALL THE WAY. 90% of my questions I had already seen either on Dr. Collins or Practice test (same idea not exact same question). I did so good in this section that I finish the test in about 20 minutes and had 15 minutes to spare. If you study Dr. Collins and really master it, you will ACE this section for sure!!!

Essay -----> I didn't study for that crap. I just winged it. Pretty sure its maybe a 3 at best lol.

QA -----> OMG. This section was SOOOOOOOOOOO HARD and after the test I was just holding my head thinking I completely failed. I literally skipped half the questions and had to take a guess. I was so sure I was going to get a 30-40%. I was shocked when I saw I got a 72%.... math is my worst subject all through college. Look when you take the math, you need to skip around, that section is all about time management. Pick one answer choice for all answers you don't know...... I barely finish this section in time... still shocked at my 72

BTW, I totally skipped all the weird essay questions in CHEM and BIO. DONT DO THOSE QUESTIONS. I just skipped them and they didn't hurt my score at all..... they're definitely experimental. I didn't even look at them. That gave me extra time for other questions that DO count!

I only bought 2 pearson test.... and I can say that the pearson test is about as accurate as your going to get.... however, I do think the actual PCAT was much harder for QA and RC.

Im just posting this for anybody who might be interested. Passing the PCAT was a big hurdle for me...but believe me, I am no genius, if you study your ass off like I did... you will do fine. Believe in yourself. Good luck guys.

I have Dr. Collins 2014 with 2014 & 2013 updates and I'm selling for $200 bucks. PM me if interested. I won't be needing that anymore. Thank GOD!

VA - 409 | 63%
Bio - 440 | 95%
Chem - 505 | 99%
RC - 429 | 93%
QA - 468 | 99%
Composite - 450 | 99%

The amount of questions from Dr Collins (word for word) was higher than I expected especially for VA (probably like 7-8 for this section). Didn't really practice VA until like 4 days before the exam - just did all 8 verbal tests from Collins and I'm sure glad I did. I guess it's reflected in my score. I don't feel that there's any efficient way to study for this section.

Bio: There wasn't anything too crazy but there are definitely some pretty specific questions for which you can't really efficiently study (kind of like VA, in my opinion). Very similar to Dr Collins and the pearson practice tests. Tip: Do all discrete questions first and then review them (or maybe only the ones you flagged) and then do the passage questions (which take about 7-10mins total) [same tip for Chem].

Chem: Definitely some word for word repeats from either Collins or Pearson's practice tests. Other than that pretty standard chemistry section, nothing out of the ordinary. Very similar to Collins and the practice tests. To be honest, found it easier than the practice tests (but not by a large margin). I'm pretty strong in chemistry (been tutoring organic 1 for a while and I've taken org2/3) so not the best at giving tips for this section but this section resembled Dr Collins A LOT.

RC: Longer passages for sure - felt a lot more pressure time-wise than on the practice tests. Some passages were longer by 1-3 paragraphs which definitely threw me off. Still managed to finish on time. Format's exactly like Kaplan's practice tests. The passage is on the left and the questions on the right unlike the Pearson practice tests where it forces you to scroll through the passage which I believe affects your score. Question wise they were pretty similar to Pearson, I guess, but questions on the RC section follow a pattern that is pretty easy to see so it's more about how well you can grasp a passage than knowing what they're going to ask.

QA: Definitely the hardest section mainly because of the time constraint. Found it very similar to the Pearson tests, slightly easier. Unlike RC, knowing the type of questions for this section is *extremely crucial*. Highly recommend the 3 practice tests (and Collins too). Go through the tests and focus on the questions you get wrong and figure out how to solve those types of problem. QA is for sure the section that requires the most practice which is why I believe Collins is the best (8 practice tests). Learning from your mistakes is important especially when it comes to topics that weren't covered in the content review books (e.g. related rates, optimization, etc...). For those topics just go online and look them up after you "get them wrong" on the practice tests (because they weren't in the review). So, just use the practice tests to guide your studying (applies to Bio and Chem too but to a lesser degree).

If you guys have any questions or want more specifics let me know.

Also selling my prep material now so PM me if you're interested. Mainly Dr Collins 2013 (w/ 2014 updates) and Kaplan but also have Princeton Review's Cracking the PCAT review book. Dr Collins is by far the best just due to the amount of practice tests they have, which, in my opinion, is the best way to study for the PCAT.

Not sure if I've ever posted on the forum before. I was waiting to take the PCAT myself because I felt like until I scored good on the PCAT, theres not much for me to say. I just took the PCAT today, here is my preliminary scores

Verbal Ability 52% 403
Biology 92% 435
RC 89% 424
QA 72% 413
Chemistry 99% 526
Composite 98% 440

I primarily studied with Dr. Collins and subbed with CRACK THE PCAT SOFTWARE.

Verbal Ability ---> Only 6/7 questions from Dr. Collins. Was pretty tough and to be honest this subject is almost impossible to study for, you either need a little bit of luck and see a lot of Dr. Collins or you have an extensive vocabulary. English is my first language and I still didn't perform well on this subject. In my opinion, for this subject Dr. Collins isn't sufficient. Don't focus too much on this section, study for Chem, Bio, and Math because you need to knock those out of the park.

Biology ---> Dr Collins was definitely helpful and I saw a lot of questions from his material but MANY questions were downright ridiculous and I thought I was going to do horrible in this section. I used Dr. Collins mainly while making my own notes on the side. Dr. Collins is enough to me but you also need some common sense for biology because some of those questions were like.... BERRFF?

RC -----> I don't even know what to say about this section and I have NO IDEA how I got an 89%, My 2 Pearson Test RC scores were HORRIBLE and I was so sure I was going to FAIL this section. The passages were much longer than Pearson test and I barely finish the test in time. Still shocked at the score. I wouldn't focus too much on this section because you either have it or you don't. Just my opinion. I think I just got LUCKY here.

Chemistry ------> DR. COLLINS ALL THE WAY. 90% of my questions I had already seen either on Dr. Collins or Practice test (same idea not exact same question). I did so good in this section that I finish the test in about 20 minutes and had 15 minutes to spare. If you study Dr. Collins and really master it, you will ACE this section for sure!!!

Essay -----> I didn't study for that crap. I just winged it. Pretty sure its maybe a 3 at best lol.

QA -----> OMG. This section was SOOOOOOOOOOO HARD and after the test I was just holding my head thinking I completely failed. I literally skipped half the questions and had to take a guess. I was so sure I was going to get a 30-40%. I was shocked when I saw I got a 72%.... math is my worst subject all through college. Look when you take the math, you need to skip around, that section is all about time management. Pick one answer choice for all answers you don't know...... I barely finish this section in time... still shocked at my 72

BTW, I totally skipped all the weird essay questions in CHEM and BIO. DONT DO THOSE QUESTIONS. I just skipped them and they didn't hurt my score at all..... they're definitely experimental. I didn't even look at them. That gave me extra time for other questions that DO count!

I only bought 2 pearson test.... and I can say that the pearson test is about as accurate as your going to get.... however, I do think the actual PCAT was much harder for QA and RC.

Im just posting this for anybody who might be interested. Passing the PCAT was a big hurdle for me...but believe me, I am no genius, if you study your ass off like I did... you will do fine. Believe in yourself. Good luck guys.

I have Dr. Collins 2014 with 2014 & 2013 updates and I'm selling for $200 bucks. PM me if interested. I won't be needing that anymore. Thank GOD!
My son who has been out of school for a while took the same test. His is opinion of the QA was what the heck is this stuff.

I forgot to mention one very important idea. I can't stress this enough. When you study Dr. Collins, ALWAYS cut the time you have in that section by 10 minutes when your taking the timed practice test. This is crucial.

For Chem, I only gave myself 25 mins since actual test has 35 mins.
For bio, I only gave myself 15 mins since actual test has 35 mins
For Math, I only gave myself 35 minutes since actual test is 45 mins.
For verbal, I only gave myself like 12-15 mins.

This was extremely helpful because I finished my chem section with 10-15 minutes to spare
I finished Bio section with 10 minutes to spare even after double checking some of my answers.
I barely finished math section on actual PCAT. Yea, I made it to the end but there were many questions I knew how to do but I had to skip anyway.
I barely finished RC section with not even a second to spare.

Many questions I didn't have to even think about because when it was a repeat, since I had went through dr. collins so heavy, I instantly knew the answer. One of my integral questions I didn't even work out because it was literally the EXACT same question as Dr. Collins. That saved me a whole minute.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention one very important idea. I can't stress this enough. When you study Dr. Collins, ALWAYS cut the time you have in that section by 10 minutes when your taking the timed practice test. This is crucial.

For Chem, I only gave myself 25 mins since actual test has 35 mins.
For bio, I only gave myself 15 mins since actual test has 35 mins
For Math, I only gave myself 35 minutes since actual test is 45 mins.
For verbal, I only gave myself like 12-15 mins.

This was extremely helpful because I finished my chem section with 10-15 minutes to spare
I finished Bio section with 10 minutes to spare even after double checking some of my answers.
I barely finished math section on actual PCAT. Yea, I made it to the end but there were many questions I knew how to do but I had to skip anyway.
I barely finished RC section with not even a second to spare.
smart and lightening fast

Mainly applying to UoToronto and maybe UBC and also UoMontreal but it doesn't require the PCAT. You?

Mainly applying to UoToronto and maybe UBC and also UoMontreal but it doesn't require the PCAT. You?

Im from Florid and I'm only applying to Florida schools.

UF, NOVA, Palm Beach Atlantic, and FSU.

I've managed to get a recommendation letter from two pharmacist, through just walking into their pharmacy and talking with them. The thing is.... I don't have any actual pharmacy or medical experience whatsoever.... I hope people with no experience still have a chance.

3.5 GPA
3.8 Science GPA

still, I don't think my stats are that great.
I spent 4 years in Air Force but I feel like thats so irrelevant at this point.