Preliminary PCAT July 2016 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HunterrV

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just took my PCAT and I am pretty happy with what I got. Its not the >90 that some people on here get but here it is:

Bio: 411 (58)
Chem: 443 (94)
CR: 397 (52)
Math: 430 (92)
Composite: 420 (81)

The school's average PCAT that I'm applying to is 83rd percentile, so I'm right about at the average. GPA is 3.52 and that is a little above average for the school. My question is, does that Bio score look really bad? I heard that Chem is the most important section and I haven't taken any MicroBio and A&P which is 50% of the material on the Bio section.

Also, people are saying that the preliminary scores change from the official scores? Is this true? If so, how much change occurs to the percentiles?

Thanks guys! Also, good luck to any who haven't taken it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I just took my PCAT and I am pretty happy with what I got. Its not the >90 that some people on here get but here it is:

The school's average PCAT that I'm applying to is 83rd percentile, so I'm right about at the average. GPA is 3.52 and that is a little above average for the school. My question is, does that Bio score look really bad? I heard that Chem is the most important section and I haven't taken any MicroBio and A&P which is 50% of the material on the Bio section.

Also, people are saying that the preliminary scores change from the official scores? Is this true? If so, how much change occurs to the percentiles?

The scores usually dont change. Btw what did you use to study?!? What about the math section!? You did great!

The scores usually dont change. Btw what did you use to study?!? What about the math section!? You did great!

To be honest, I feel like I got extremely lucky on the math section. The only thing I used to study for math was old notes and the Pearson exams.

Yea I have no idea how I did so good in math but I was consistently getting 60s on Pearson exams then I like subconciously guestimated the answers on the test and got an 85 on it. Everyone on here is saying how hard the bio was too. I ended up with a 69 in bio 89 chem 59 CR 80 composite so similar situation here. But I heard chem is what counts!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I have no idea how I did so good in math but I was consistently getting 60s on Pearson exams then I like subconciously guestimated the answers on the test and got an 85 on it. Everyone on here is saying how hard the bio was too. I ended up with a 69 in bio 89 chem 59 CR 80 composite so similar situation here. But I heard chem is what counts!

I am just worried that Bio is gonna hold us back. I'm not worried enough to retake because I'm not risking the good Chem and Math score, but I'm still a little concerned lol.

For you guys who took the PCAT, was the calculator and periodic table available for the sections as promised? My dr. collins course told us the calculator wouldn't be present for all questions, is this true?

I took my pcat yesterday and im wondering how to interpret those raw scores. What the hell do they mean on the 200-600 scale? Like whats a 413 score for example??

For you guys who took the PCAT, was the calculator and periodic table available for the sections as promised? My dr. collins course told us the calculator wouldn't be present for all questions, is this true?

It was always there for me

Hey guys!
Can someone please answer this question for me. I am new to pharmacy plan and I don't really know what these scores mean. I just took my Pcat. Do you think these scores are ok to start applying with?

Biology - 69
Chemical - 86
Critical reading 29
Quantitative - 62
Overall - 64

Thanks!

Hey guys!
Can someone please answer this question for me. I am new to pharmacy plan and I don't really know what these scores mean. I just took my Pcat. Do you think these scores are ok to start applying with?

Biology - 69
Chemical - 86
Critical reading 29
Quantitative - 62
Overall - 64

Thanks!

Essentially, your percentile scores are how many percent of people in that category scored lower than you. For example, in bio, you scored better than 69% of the people that took the exam.

As far as applying, it depends on what school you want to go to. Check their admissions website and it should tell you the desired scores they seek in applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi ,
I just took my Pcat for the first time (2 -3 weeks prep). I needed some advice if I stand a chance in my number one choice of school.
My Pcat scores:
Bio- 91
Chem-66
Quant-48
Critical reading-38 (bombed as I panicked) even though English is my second language but I am good at it. In my high school (outside USA) I topped in English & was awarded by the governor of state. I took Toefl and my score was 103/115

Composite score: 64 ( no plans of retake because I have a course overload in Fall + part time job + a 3 year old beautiful daughter to take care of)

I am a foreign medical graduate, but I took all the pre requisites all over again because none of my medical school course compensated for the pre reqs ( both science & non science)
My current gpa is 3.89 but some of the courses are pending for fall & spring ( organic, phys, calculus& English & humanities). So practically I am taking all the courses again.
My Med school Gpa was 3.3 with no grade lower than a B. I also have 1yr of clinical experience as a Resident Doctor Outside USA.I have worked on a research paper too on burns care.
I have been living in USA since 2011(citizen) & have worked part time as a Care giver since then ( 5 years).With in USA I have done 2 externships under MD doctors; one of them was Medical Director of the hospital and he gave me a stellar LOR. I have volunteered under 3 different PA's but NOT under a pharmacist. ( total >500 hours)
I have done community service too at my local center.( 2 months).
I am an Illinois resident and my schools of choice for this cycle are:
1)UIC Chicago ( website says Pcat above 70 is competitive )
2)university of Minnesota
3)Rosalind Franklin ( Pcat above 55 competitive)
4)Chicago state university
5)Roosvelt ( Pcat of 40) --- this is my last choice

Kindly let me know what do u guys think of my chances?

Last edited:
Hi ,
I just took my Pcat for the first time (2 -3 weeks prep). I needed some advice if I stand a chance in my number one choice of school.
My Pcat scores:
Bio- 91
Chem-66
Quant-48
Critical reading-38 (bombed as I panicked) even though English is my second language but I am good at it. In my high school (outside USA) I topped in English & was awarded by the governor of state. I took Toefl and my score was 103/115

Composite score: 64 ( no plans of retake because I have a course overload in Fall + part time job + a 3 year old beautiful daughter to take care of)

I am a foreign medical graduate, but I took all the pre requisites all over again because none of my medical school course compensated for the pre reqs ( both science & non science)
My current gpa is 3.89 but some of the courses are pending for fall & spring ( organic, phys, calculus& English & humanities). So practically I am taking all the courses again.
My Med school Gpa was 3.3 with no grade lower than a B. I also have 1yr of clinical experience as a Resident Doctor Outside USA.I have worked on a research paper too on burns care.
I have been living in USA since 2011(citizen) & have worked part time as a Care giver since then ( 5 years).With in USA I have done 2 externships under MD doctors; one of them was Medical Director of the hospital and he gave me a stellar LOR. I have volunteered under 3 different PA's but NOT under a pharmacist. ( total >500 hours)

I believe you're MORE than likely to be fine but also double check with the schools. Good luck :)

Hi ,
My Pcat scores:
Bio- 91
Chem-66
Quant-48

Did you ever apply or hear back from them? Some decisions for interviews were released today! :)

Did you ever apply or hear back from them? Some decisions for interviews were released today! :)
Yes I applied & got 2 interviews yet; one from Rosalind Franklin & second from Midwestern downers grove il

Dam nice, I got around 6x composite , need to retake for @ least 70!!

How'd you study to get that 80 ?!

I got an 86 composite. Kaplan helped with sciences a lot. I used an old version of dr collins to help reinforce math and it was extra practice with sciences

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi ,
My Pcat scores:
Bio- 91
Chem-66
Quant-48

Hi Mi!
I see many similarities between your application and mine. I am also a foreign medical graduate. My beautiful son is nine years old.
I just took my first PCAT. My scores:
Biological processes 98
Chemical processes 89
Critical reading 52
Quantitative reasoning 57
Composite 86
I am applying to U.F. Pharmacy, which is a very competitive school. The average PCAT composite score for the 2016 class was 80.
I was quite chocked with my low math score.I aced calculus and all math courses that I took in college. I am not very fast with my calculations...maybe they are looking for speed. My U.S.undergrad GPA is 4.0( A.A. degree plus pre-reqs). My TOEFL grade was 104/115. Overall, I am not very impressed with my PCAT scores. I am waiting for U.F. admissions' feedback. I wish you good luck.