Post-MSPE interview offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadian Bacon

Bringing sexy back!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I intially applied to 30 FM programs; I have heard back from 13 programs before Nov 1st (12 interview offers and 1 rejection). I was assuming that I'll be hearing from the remaining programs after my MSPE was released; but I haven't heard back from anyone since.

I'm starting to get nervous here....Is anyone else in the same boat as me??

Members don't see this ad.

Whoa! I thought I had applied to a ton... once you hit around 10 I think you're pretty golden... I had to withdraw from a few because of that... Are there any you're really hoping to hear from that you haven't yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa! I thought I had applied to a ton... once you hit around 10 I think you're pretty golden... I had to withdraw from a few because of that... Are there any you're really hoping to hear from that you haven't yet?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Thomas Jefferson, U of Rochester, Drexel and U Conn. Like I said previously I've gotten 12 interview offers, but half of them are my "safety programs"

DUDE!!! 12?!! OVERKILL!!

check out the match characteristics.

If you are a US grad... all you need is THREE and your chance of not match drops to Less than 1% and if you have 8 you drop down to 0% of not matching!

If you are a non US grad (DO/IMG/FMG/US physician/Fifth Path) 7 is the comfort level after which you can reject... and 10 makes you drop to less than 5% of not matching....

You want MORE THAN 12?! I'd start worrying about quality rather than quality at this point.

Call the programs if you are so worried... but hey.. who am I to tell you not to go to 15+ interviews.. you got the money... they got the time for you it seems.

*This could be a troll, as he only has 10 posts.*

For those of you who can't search for some reason. Here are the 2005 rankings vs match..

FM 2005 Ranking.jpg

I'm still waiting to hear back from Thomas Jefferson, U of Rochester, Drexel and U Conn. Like I said previously I've gotten 12 interview offers, but half of them are my "safety programs"

It's possible some offers could come in still, but I kind of doubt you'll get 20 or more.

Sorry that those aren't your top choices.

But as you may have heard us ramble on about before, big name does not = great program. You may discover a hidden gem in one of your "safeties".

Best of luck.

It's possible some offers could come in still, but I kind of doubt you'll get 20 or more.

Sorry that those aren't your top choices.

But as you may have heard us ramble on about before, big name does not = great program. You may discover a hidden gem in one of your "safeties".

Best of luck.

Amen. And again Amen.