Post-doc and Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kitai_Aleran

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am currently on my yearlong internship as the final part of my graduate program. I was wondering about the process for applying for jobs or a postdoc, and specifically when people typically begin to look for jobs? I am interested in working at a university counseling center or within an agency, and while I see lots of job postings currently about university counseling centers, the majority of them say they want it filled by January 2019 or ASAP. So I was looking for any guidance that other people may have on this process. I appreciate your time!

Members don't see this ad.

University Counseling Jobs

Universal Psychology Postdoctoral Directory

I think I applied via the university site back when the site was still called "positions in counseling centers."

Other folks can weigh in on other sites to look for as well, including APPIC's postdoc database (above).

Deadlines for formal postdocs for Fall 2020 will come up in December and January, if I recall correctly. They were staggered unless they go through APPIC. I didn't use APPIC for postdocs at the time I applied, so I can't speak to that process, but on the West Coast, they had something called the "Uniform Notification Date" for some sites to respond to applicants by (in late February or so after you interview). That's what I can recall off-hand.

It’s not quite UCC post doc season. Give it a month.