possiblities...am i "dunzo"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDPT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing my Sophomore year, and all I have taken is Biology 1, and Biology 2: receiving a C+ in both. Will these grades hurt me despite the fact that I have 100+ hours intern/volunteer in the PT department and I am a student manager for the Div 1 Basketball team (assistant to the trainer)? Will my passion for the professional outweigh the fact that some schools say that you wont be looked at without a min of 3.0 gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

What is your overall GPA like? Have you taken any other prerqs (chem, psych, kinesology, etc)?

overall: 2.9
psychology (major): 3.0
nothing else, taking chem this summer and anatomy/physiology in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aim for 1100 on GRE...--One of my buddies had a 2.9-3.0+ and got into the school. He also had about 200 hours.

Plus you are a sophmore so pick up your GPA to at least a 3.1 -3.2 by Senior..

Do you have a plan B?

I read in some programs they calculate the last 60 hours.

From PT school in Galveston..

The minimal academic criteria for the Admissions Committee to accept an application to this program is a record of academic performance resulting in a GPA of 3.0 as defined below. Students must demonstrate a GPA of 3.0 or better on all math science courses and on either the overall GPA or the GPA for the last 90 hours (we will use the higher of those two GPA scores). If an applicant has one of the two "criteria" GPAs below 3.0 but demonstrates a good number of pre-requisite courses remaining their file may be held for an update of transcripts. The file may be reconsidered in the spring of the year for which the student has applied. If the performance in subsequent courses raises the GPA to the level required by the criteria and there are still slots available in the class, the student may be considered for an interview. Logistically a re-review of the transcripts is most likely to occur for those students who get their application in well before November 1st. If a student's GPA will be changed only after the completion of Spring courses, the class is likely to be filled before a re-review of the transcripts can occur.

there are SOOOO many PT schools out there man, you will get into one of them.