Pomona or Kansas City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilipina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you had to choose between COMP and UHS, where would you go? i've skimmed through a lot of threads that talk about each of these schools. lots of great things about both places.

my $$$ is down at UHS but i am also accepted to COMP. COMP wants my money next week. most likely will go to COMP. but anybody want to convince me otherwise? or furthur affirm my decision?

i am from florida. i work in boston.
in august i will live in __???__

THANKS.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, a lot of thought must go into this. I am going to UHS over the other california school. Had COMP had the decency to respond to my secondary, maybe I'd be going there. For me it was really an issue of where I wanted to raise my kids. Vallejo (or insert Pomona) or Kansas City. It was an easy and obvious choice. COMP has some really neat stuff going on. I really like their breakout study rooms where you go to with a study group right after learning stuff in lecture. I also liked how wired the school was (ethernet at every seat in the lec halls). The location of campus is pretty dismal in both places, but at least at UHS you feel like you are in an academic environment when you step onto the campus (as opposed to the strip mall feeling of comp). Cost of living, and the commute factor was huge for me. I didn't want to have to commute an hour each way so that I can have a decent house and schools for my family. Much of this might not affect you, but these were the choices I made.

Oh, another thing. COMP's OMM department seemed much more integral to the curriculum than did that of UHS. They really seemed to care a lot about integrating the OPPs into the curriculum. Alternately, I thought the Anatomy lab at UHS was much nicer than the lab at COMP.

just my $.02

COMP!!!
b/c you have to cook me adobo!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
COMP all the way....
Just my biased opinion...:p

dang you COMP kids read EVERY POST don't you!!!!!!!!!

i actually sent my check to COMP today.

thanks wannabeDO for your advice!!