please help!! =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesygal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHHH!!!!

I'm from the Los Angeles area and my testing center (USC) is full. I have no idea what to do. I REALLY don't want to go ALL the way up to norcal to take it. Someone, please give me some advice? I'm freaking out here cus October is the absolute last test date for me. Is there a waitlist...anything?! :(

Members don't see this ad.

you go to the test site and be a stand by test taker. Most of the time, these standbys as long as there aren't verymany get to take the test. If you want to guareentee urself a spot, u should make ur drive.

Go ahead and register for your next closest testing center just to be sure...and then try to check pcat web.info website to see if they got anny spot for the testing center that u want. Sometimes student register and for some reason they cancel their registration , so u might get that sopt ...because same thing happend with me too..... Dallas, TX testing center was full... so i had to register for Wichita Falls but I tried everyday to get the Dallas center and luckily i got it.

hope this helps :)

Absolutely register for another testing site. If you have to drive, then drive. I actuallly flew down from Boston to Atlanta to take mine. Standby does not guarantee you a spot--plus I thought that they were stopping the whole standby option anyways (could be wrong on that one though). Why take that chance? However, you can call back the PCAT people closer to the test date to see if a spot in USC has opened up and see if they can switch you--however I wouldn't hold out for it. Spots fill up very quickly for certain testing sites. If you do decide to drive, make sure you do it the night before--find a friend to stay with or a hotel (who wants to drive very early in the morning before they take a huge test) so that you can get a good nights sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine last June and I had to drive to Austin since I couldn't get in at Dallas. I suppose I could check back everyday for a spot, but for me, that was not a good use of my time, and for the peace of mind, I made the small sacrifice to drive as I'm sure others had bigger sacrifice to make. The drive wasn't too bad and I got to spend a nice weekend with my husband in Austin afterwards. Good luck, I hope you get into your first choice spot :D

hey try again today. I need to take it at USC too and I tried signing up yesterday but it was full. Today it wasn't. Perhaps there's still space left. Ok good luck.

Thanks everyone for all your advice =)

I went through the whole pcat website and unfortunately, they sound pretty strict about not taking standbys, so no option there..plus it's risky! Cus of course, you don't want to study your butt off (or not) and be denied from the testing center.
Luckily, I took someone's advice and called the Harcourt people today. It turns out a few spaces opened up at USC! wahoo! So if anyone is in the same boat as I was, call them (their tel number is on the website) to see if spots open up. Maybe even call for a couple of days straight cus ya might get lucky. ;)
And if worse comes to worse, my plan B was actually to fly all the way to vegas and take the test there. what better place to celebrate after the exam, right? :D

Well, I'm a happy camper now.

Thanks again, everyone! :)

I have a quick question b/c I'm in the same boat, wanted the dallas test center but it was full, so now I have to drive to austin.
My question is, if you've ALREADY registered and payed, can you go back and change your location if it re-opens?

hmm. I'm not sure if they let you change test centers. I don't see why not though, but I think there might be a fee? I'd call them and ask (1-800-622-3231). Wait time might be around 5 mins. Good luck!