plastics vs. ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skyy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey! just started my third year and i'm trying to decide between plastics and ortho... any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your question? Ortho is Ortho and Plastics is Plastics.

hmm... sorry, i should have clarified. basically i was wondering if anyone else was deciding between plastics and orthopaedics and what made them choose plastics over ortho. cool?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm... sorry, i should have clarified. basically i was wondering if anyone else was deciding between plastics and orthopaedics and what made them choose plastics over ortho. cool?

generally in my experience people dont have to make that decision the fields are vastly different with some overlap in hand...it basically boils down to whether you want to be a carpenter or a highly trained, highly skilled surgeon who strives to restore functionality and aesthetics through innovative techniques. Of course, I may be a little biased :smuggrin:

hahah... got it

I loved ortho. But Plastics doesn't limit you to the extremities. If you like head and neck anatomy, and soft tissue - then plastics

Otherwise - ortho
hey! just started my third year and i'm trying to decide between plastics and ortho... any thoughts?