Physician Net worth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnew2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.
Curious what general net worth is for most physicians particularly near retirement?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think this would be all over the place, and like any career field you can't really put a "general" figure on it. It will depend on the physician, the specialty they practice in, total household income (spousal income), spending habits, savings, debt accumulation, investment savvy, number of kids and whether they are paying the college tuition, etc. Way too many variables.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure where to post this so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.
Curious what general net worth is for most physicians particularly near retirement?
Thanks!

Your question is too broad. The net worth of a physician can range anywhere from $0 to $1 billion dollars.

Save wisely, be diverse with your money but er on the side of caution, invest in good property, marry wisely (b/c divorce is expensive).

And don't indulge in stupid things. A wise man once said, "If it Flies, Floats, or F$%*s, don't buy it . . .rent it."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Physicians in general aren't any better with their money than the general population--they just have more of it. But, physicians will earn millions of dollars throughout their career, so if they plan appropriately, they can have multimillion dollar net worth around the age of retirement. Or they could have nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user