Physician forcibly removed from plane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A little background does help to set the stage on who he is and if he has engaged in bad behavior in the past. But, I do agree he gets a very large settlement in the $10-$15 million range.
Maybe in the court of public opinion (where I'm pretty sure United wants to stay very far away from). In a legal court, I'm not sure that would be admissable. How does it relate to him sitting on an airplane? Maybe because he said he was a doctor? Maybe?

This won't go to court though, so won't matter either way.

Members don't see this ad.

A little background does help to set the stage on who he is and if he has engaged in bad behavior in the past.

Baloney. Just because he has this history does not in the least way give anyone the right to assault him.

This topic is blown up all over reddit.

Only the lawyers can sort this out from this point forward.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Except it was the wrong guy....

As an AA this hit very close to home.

Exploiting Dr. Dao's Alleged Criminal Record Is A Racist Tactic We Use On Black People

All look same;)

I was running marathons a few years ago. A device rep asked one of my partners "how was the marathon?". He replied, "wrong Asian." There's been too many instances to count. When my other partner gets a new Mercedes AMG people ask me how I like it. And we don't even look alike! SOME people can't see past race.

This may or may not be another case of "wrong Asian". Lol

Last edited:
Many of the claims you've made about this man, including that he was trespassing, "crying like a nut job" and "screaming like a child" have no basis in fact.
The trespassing thing is debatable. You're absolutely right, however, that it is only an opinion that grown men shouldn't scream and cry like children when they're told to get off a plane.

Except if you'll get paid 15mil doing so.
I'm glad he did it, and I'm glad the airlines will have to address stupid and unfair practices like this. And he deserves big, big money.
I just save the screaming and crying for when my kid gets cancer or my girlfriend gets a Coach bag. Not for being inconvenienced going home.

All look same;)

I was running marathons a few years ago. A device rep asked one of my partners "how was the marathon?". He replied, "wrong Asian." There's been too many instances to count. When my other partner gets a new Mercedes AMG people ask me how I like it. And we don't even look alike! SOME people can't see past race.

This may or may not be another case of "wrong Asian". Lol

Hey, it's not just an ethnic thing. I regularly get confused with one of my colleagues, and we're just ruggedly handsome white guys.

Reactions: 2 users