Pharmageddon - Antibiotic Card Game *In Development*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaundice101

Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if cross posting is allowed, but since I figured this may have some appeal to medicine interns and residents I thought I would post a link.

For those so interested, I am developing a card game on antibiotic use. It aims to be more than just flash cards with a scoring mechanism. Additional information including a print and play .pdf of the game, a copy of the rules, and an electronic version of the prototype are available in another SDN thread linked below. Feel free to check it out and let me know your thoughts:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
A 1 player mode is now available for trying out. It and some new Patient and Event cards are available in the Print n Play file attached to the original post linked at the top of this thread. Here's a brief summary of game play for the 1 player mode:
  • Most rules and cards play the same
  • Players still play with a 3 x 3 Bug Card grid
  • Game play is now, however, a test of survival against a slowly increasing microbe horde
  • Choose your level of difficulty to determine beginning Bug Card deck size
  • Use timely 1 player bonuses to recover precious Life
  • Survive enough rounds to come out on top
As always let me know your thoughts!

Update! A few new tweaks and additions including (1) Antibiotic Police Bug cards, (2), an advanced scoring option for those who want to play not only an effective card but the BEST card, and (3) simple player sheets to keep track of the score easier.

Check out the original post linked atop the page to see more. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update! Added a third playing mode: 2 player co-op.

It's basically a hybrid of the multiplayer and solo modes, but players will work together to slay the bacterial beasts instead of against each other. Draw and play Drug Cards to keep the various Bug Cards at bay while keeping healthy Flora and Health life trackers. If a player runs out of life or the team gets overrun by microbes then that could be the end.

Uses the same card decks as before, but the new Instructions can be downloaded at the top of the primary thread. Thanks!

Maybe you can just take a shot if someone plays a carbapenem?

Responsibly of course.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: Simplified the 1 player solo and 2+ player co-op modes based on feedback. Now there are more difficulty options based on your training level and less low value complexity. Always appreciate more feed back if any one wants to give it a go. Check out the free Print n' Play which can be downloaded at:

Last edited by a moderator: