***Penn Class of 2012***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j-weezy

MS1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey!

Members don't see this ad.

WHOOOOO!!!!!!

I found at 11. I've been running all over campus telling my professors the good news!

Go Penn!

WHOOOOO!!!!!!

I found at 11. I've been running all over campus telling my professors the good news!

Go Penn!

you got a scholarship right? WOW

Penn Preview is gonna be ballin!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm psyched. Revisit will be my second time in Philly. The first being my interview at Penn.

Damn jweezy, you beat me to this! :) I AM SO EXCITED!! Now our big decision will be Center city or W. Philly.... HMMMMMM :D

Looking forward to meeting all of you at second look! It's gonna be a fun time :)

By the way, has anyone been able to find the match list for this year? Can you post the link please? Thanks.

Does anyone know if they will tell us if still have any weird missing pre requisites? I can't remember if they already checked for that before interviewing us.

Damn jweezy, you beat me to this! :) I AM SO EXCITED!! Now our big decision will be Center city or W. Philly.... HMMMMMM :D

Yeah, I'm curious about living situations as well. I'll definitely be looking for a roommate or 2 at Penn Preview.

I still can't get over the the acceptance! Congrats again to everyone!

Yeah, I'm curious about living situations as well. I'll definitely be looking for a roommate or 2 at Penn Preview.

I still can't get over the the acceptance! Congrats again to everyone!

center city is sooo expensive but it definitely seems like the popular choice for med students...

I'm sooooo excited! Penn was my first choice!!!!!! :D

I can't wait to meet all of you at second look! And yes, I will be looking for roommates, as well, while I'm there. I think living by myself will just be too expensive.

Center City is definitely feasible especially if you have a roommate!

YAY PENN LOVE!!!

I may not be able to make it to 2nd look due to family reasons...we'll see.

But I'm SO EXCITED to have gotten in! I actually cried :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I still can't believe I got in -- the last 3 months have been nothing but waitlists. I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not going to wake up to a status page that has a big bold "REJECTED!!". Very excited for preview weekend though (and all my free drinks! we're still going by Price is Right rules, yeah? :)). Can't wait to meet everybody! I'll probably be looking for Center City roommates as well.

I still can't believe I got in -- the last 3 months have been nothing but waitlists. I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not going to wake up to a status page that has a big bold "REJECTED!!". Very excited for preview weekend though (and all my free drinks! we're still going by Price is Right rules, yeah? :)). Can't wait to meet everybody! I'll probably be looking for Center City roommates as well.

okay well i'm going to buy someone named Ben a couple of drinks ;)

WOOHOO!

okay well i'm going to buy someone named Ben a couple of drinks ;)

Don't think it hasn't been tried before, just stay away from the Sam Adams. He at least appreciates not treating him like the John Harvard statue gets treated (the part they don't tell you on the tour).

Ari

i'm soooo excited for second look as well! see you all there :D

i'm soooo excited for second look as well! see you all there :D
Penn med is the best! Go there and stay with ur siblings... they are important :)

Hey everyone! I was accepted to Penn yesterday as well. I don't post much on SDN but I love this site (it's helped me so much through the application process). I am 95% sure I'll be attending and wanted to say hi to everyone and congratulations. I still can't believe I got in!!! It's really an incredible school. I'll definitely be going to second look so I hope to see you guys there! :) :) :)

There's this great site http://www.phillyblog.com/philly/ where you can learn TONS about the city (for those of us who haven't lived in philly before)

Feel free to ask me any questions! I went there ugrad so I know the area pretty well. My only qualm about living in W Philly are the random break ins. It's just something I don't want to think about. But, at the same time, living in W philly is so much closer and cheaper.

WOOHOO!

Don't think it hasn't been tried before, just stay away from the Sam Adams. He at least appreciates not treating him like the John Harvard statue gets treated (the part they don't tell you on the tour).

Ari

so, are you from Alabama? It'll be nice to have a friend from the dirty south!

Ziggy! I was going to try and friend you on facebook but I can't :(

Our official Facebook Group! Let's get the party started :hardy:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9872383723

Anyone else have trouble sleeping because of excitement? I woke up at 6 am...

Yeah, I woke up about 1 1/2 hours earlier than I normally do. Stayed in bed trying to get back to sleep, but it didn't really work. Thanks for starting the group -- was thinking of doing it later today if nobody had yet.

so, are you from Alabama? It'll be nice to have a friend from the dirty south!

Born and raised. That makes two AL MudPhudders? Pretty sweet.

ziggy- Which year did you graduate? 06 like me?

Just joined the FB group.

Ari

Ari

haha not from AL (TX) but I still feel a special connection to any other southerner!

So Ari, is Penn #1 on your list?

Congrats to all. For those of you deciding, COME TO PENN. You will not regret it. And the financial aid packages are always negotiable if you get a good offer from another school but want to come here. We'll deal...at least sometimes.

:thumbup::thumbup:

so are most people thinking Center City?

haha not from AL (TX) but I still feel a special connection to any other southerner!

Seem to be a lot of southerners -- I grew up in Memphis. Also, from the FB group, it looks like a lot of us are in Boston.

I'm thinking about Center City. If not, I don't know if anyone uses graduate housing, but I may try that out my first year.

Does anybody else have problems with the financial aid website? My FAFSA status says incomplete, but I submitted it to them a long time ago. I want to get my fin aid package ASAP, and I don't want this to slow things down...

Yeah, my Fin Aid page says I haven't completed my FAFSA, either. Maybe Penn was just waiting to check which students have completed theirs until after acceptances went out and they haven't gotten around to it in the past 24 hours?

Yeah, my Fin Aid page says I haven't completed my FAFSA, either. Maybe Penn was just waiting to check which students have completed theirs until after acceptances went out and they haven't gotten around to it in the past 24 hours?

Same here. I was going to give them a call later today to see if they needed me to send anything. It looks like they also want official transcripts? All the stuff for AMCAS doesn't count?

Same here. I was going to give them a call later today to see if they needed me to send anything. It looks like they also want official transcripts? All the stuff for AMCAS doesn't count?

Are you talking the FinAid page still or the admissions/status page?

I know they want official transcripts but (and i guess this doesn't apply to some of you) I think they want final transcripts...as in post-graduation (?)

24 hours post acceptance for all of us now.

Just to make sure it's sunk in:

OMFG #%@!#!@#@%!$%&#@ WE GOT INTO PENN @#$@!#^%*^^$@$!

Ari

Hey Ari,
I graduated Dec 2004 so am technically 2005 though.

24 hours post acceptance for all of us now.

Just to make sure it's sunk in:

OMFG #%@!#!@#@%!$%&#@ WE GOT INTO PENN @#$@!#^%*^^$@$!

LOL! I am going to be face down on the sidewalk by about 7 pm tonight :hardy:

I'm thinking about Center City. If not, I don't know if anyone uses graduate housing, but I may try that out my first year.

Does anybody else have problems with the financial aid website? My FAFSA status says incomplete, but I submitted it to them a long time ago. I want to get my fin aid package ASAP, and I don't want this to slow things down...
Wombat, live in center city with me so we can have doggy play dates!

I also submitted the FAFSA and its incomplete on the page. I'm sure its because they didn't DL it off the server yet since they just posted who was accepted...

LOL! I am going to be face down on the sidewalk by about 7 pm tonight :hardy:

3pm: 'meeting' at a pub

6-8pm: TX vs. Stanford

8-??: celebrating!

AND

OMGWTFBBQ I'm going to Penn!!!!!

Are you talking the FinAid page still or the admissions/status page?

I know they want official transcripts but (and i guess this doesn't apply to some of you) I think they want final transcripts...as in post-graduation (?)

Oops -- yeah, that's on the status page. Although I did just notice on the FinAid page that it also says my 2008-2009 Financial Aid Application Status is complete. So that's odd.

Wombat, live in center city with me so we can have doggy play dates!

Ooh -- I want in! I have a dog too, although he's not always so great with other dogs. I'm definitely thinking center city though.

Haha, fair enough. If you look back in an old April Fool's DP you will find a picture taken by "The only Jew from Alabama." That's me.

So Ari, is Penn #1 on your list?

You betcha.

I graduated Dec 2004 so am technically 2005 though.

Ah. Probably we've never met then. First time for everything :)

Ari

There were glitches in my webpage when I logged in. My Penn Preview website was screwy. If your financial aid page says complete and you aren't, give them a call and they will call the IT dept. No worries! :rolleyes:

I am feeling so giddy! I want flock back to campus and pick me up a PENN MED tshirt. How dorky am I? oh gosh... :D

I'll probably end up in Center City- that way, the Shiba Inu can come too!

I called financial aid. She said that it will be awhile (sometime in May) before they track the FAFSAs and update the status pages. She also said that they send out our initial financial aid awards before they update.

I'll probably end up in Center City- that way, the Shiba Inu can come too!

I called financial aid. She said that it will be awhile (sometime in May) before they track the FAFSAs and update the status pages. She also said that they send out our initial financial aid awards before they update.

Phew!!! Thank you so much for calling them, Wombat! Can't go to Penn w/o $$$

For everybody going to the revisit weekend, did you sign up for the community service project part? I'm not sure which one to do, although it looks like Puentes de Salud is full already. Any thoughts or ideas on what we'll be doing?