pee pee on my scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"I just catheterize myself before I go on morning rounds......problem solved!"

Well, that would probably take care of any urges President Wilson might have for a while too...Don't forget to lube, or would that lead to stains too?

Members don't see this ad.

This thread cracks me up. I remember having the same problem. Trick is to get some TP in your hand before you go and dab liberally before you tuck it away. Dark scrubs are the worst for this problem. Alternatively, sprinkle water all over the place so it looks like you spilled something, that draws attention away from the sensitive bits and the obvious route of the PUDS (or it makes you look like you wizzed all over your leg, but really, who suspects that):hardy:

Do you always drink a lot of fluids? Honestly, I never encountered meeting someone who pees in his/her scrubs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oftentimes when getting up in the middle of the night and with a semi-Woodrow, occ the dual streamer will occur whilest trying to wet the flowers.

Then you have to pick the largest-volume stream and ring the toilet with that one. The rogue stream is on his own.....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow you just made my day !:thumbup:

The root cause is the instinctive shake/flick. This is what causes the rogue spot on the scrubs much of the time, I think. What you need is the tug. Kind of like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube. You have the express the last tenacious drop while restraining from flicking it.

I now have a whole routine ingrained in my pee behavior that starts whenever I loosen the tie on a pair of scrubs - drain the lizard, perform the tug, then gingerly fold up, around, and into the boxers and scrubs before tying and checking for the rogue pee spot, which can still persist despite the meticulous hose maneuvers. If the spot is there, sometimes you can just rub it hard against your leg, until the friction makes it hot, and it'll usually disappear soon.

The fact that none of us really noticed the pee spot until we started regularly wearing scrubs makes me wonder how often we walk around with clinically silent pee spots. Those Dockers have a dirty secret...

If this happens, when you wash your hands after, just "accidentally" spritz an additional 8-10 spots on your scrubs. Then you look like you encountered a wild faucet, not that you're a pisspants.

Yeah, no matter how much you wiggle or dance, two or three drops always fall down your pants.

Oftentimes when getting up in the middle of the night and with a semi-Woodrow, occ the dual streamer will occur whilest trying to wet the flowers.

Then you have to pick the largest-volume stream and ring the toilet with that one. The rogue stream is on his own.....

this is my favorite sdn thread. seriously.

hilarious.

I'm not sure if we're talking about a drip down onto the scrubs or bleed-through after putting it back in the holster. I've always worn tighty whities and they seem to mitigate bleed-through because they are two-ply. Also good for some degree of containment and deflection when the parasympathetics go rogue; I think having an unwanted erection in boxers would be like helplessly stowing a battering ram.

I generally dislike urinals for this very reason but I find that if I must use one it helps to add a stretch to the shaking process. Flattens out the urethra and helps to empty any stow away drippies.

What about if I make him put down the toilet seat after peeing??
Teach him to do it with his foot, not his hands :laugh:

This is excellent aseptic advice. I knew I had taught my son well last week when he was complaining about not being able to reach the handle of our home toilet with his foot. Soon I shall teach him my patented "flying dragon kick" for the times he encounters those damn urinals that actually have a handle and not an automatic flush sensor.

best thread on this site by far. i take boards in 4 days, and this was great. things like this keep me going.
it happened to me on family med in may, i just buttoned up my white coat. since then, i decided to use the squeeze method and will see how it fares.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take a zip lock bag and cut a piece of plastic (roughly 5x7") and use safety pins to pin it to the inside part of your scrubs (the front part). This will serve as an effective "shield" and you won't have any more embarrassing moments.

:laugh: What a great thread about peeing in your pants and NRB's.

I like all of the ideas, really creative stuff for this widespread problem. Pulling your twig and berries out, splashing water on your scrubs for disguise, even massaging your ABC (if you don't know, urban dictionary it). If none of the above work you could always pick up a $10 bottle of Scotchguard at your local Home Depot and apply to the inside of your scrub pants. That should teach those last few little dribbles.

Or you could just wear it and be the guys with piss spots all over your pants.

Last edited:
I'm kind of flabbergasted that this thread has been open for 5 years, has 100+ posts, and no one has mentioned boxer briefs!

5406421.jpg

They're really quite reasonably priced, acceptably stylish, and plenty absorbant to soak up a drop or two off the ol' wet noodle. The tight legs keep ensure a stray post "scrub tie-up" drip will be caught before causing an unsightly spot on the scrubs. They also can help with "presidential" problems by pinning Mr. Wilson against your leg for less obvious placement. Yeesh, people. No need to start creating plastic contraptions!

Last edited:
ha, i thought there was something wrong with me...

your real problem is yellow pee. you need to drink more water. your pee ought to be almost clear. clear pee on scrubs = no biggie.

boxer briefs lead to infertility. no kidding. sack was made to hang and swing freely.

your real problem is yellow pee. you need to drink more water. your pee ought to be almost clear. clear pee on scrubs = no biggie.

boxer briefs lead to infertility. no kidding. sack was made to hang and swing freely.

Pee on scrubs is pee on scrubs. You can't see the color regardless, so it's not the color, it's the fact that you've got a blotch of liquid on your crotch.

Re: boxer briefs. 1) They don't lead to infertility. They may temporarily, slightly reduce sperm count. Even that is questionable. 2) Buy a larger size boxer brief. My boys have plenty of room. They're not whitey-tighties after all...

This is the funniest thread I've ever seen on this site!

I never wear scrubs in my specialty but I've seen some ER docs wear black scrubs...seems like that would be a good way to hide this problem if you're having it. I don't think you could see a pee spot on black scrubs.

Nothing effeminate about wiping...however, wouldn't it look odd for a guy to be standing at the urinal with a role of TP? You might assume he's got some funky discharge from an STD. I don't know...you might just want to hit the stall if you're going to do that. Sometimes urinals don't have dividers and I'm not sure guys want to see each other wiping their junk off.

Wonder if the guys with BPH who dribble get it on their pants and, if so, what do they do? Maybe this is why some old men smell funny.

Thanks guys. Made for a great read after a chaotic day. :)

Ever peed into a Gatorade bottle while driving?

You will never look at mango Gatorade the same.

haha... great thread

I used to work at a daycare center for toodler, age 1.5 to 3. One of the things we do is potty train our kids (20 of them.) It's like two open potty for everyone to share. Idk who started it, but from the first day I started there, all the boys would wipe after number 1's to prevent unwanted drippage. This sounds like something we as adults would consider? haha

haha... great thread

I used to work at a daycare center for toodler, age 1.5 to 3. One of the things we do is potty train our kids (20 of them.) It's like two open potty for everyone to share. Idk who started it, but from the first day I started there, all the boys would wipe after number 1's to prevent unwanted drippage. This sounds like something we as adults would consider? haha

SERIOUSLY..I stand there for like two minutes after and keep shaking it to prevent the after effects. Plus, having boxers helps. :D

SERIOUSLY..I stand there for like two minutes after and keep shaking it to prevent the after effects. Plus, having boxers helps. :D

Agreed. Actually I've found that the boxer briefs work best. The regular boxers got the easy-access hole up front that I [and prob alot of other ppl] leave open, which will certainly contribute to the pee pee on my scrubs. Boxer briefs take care of that problem ;)

So this is actually the thread I was searching for. I'm not a full time scrub wearer, but I still don't get this phenomenon. What is with the superior wicking ability of scrubs? Normal underwear does not have this much capillary action, but put on a pair of scrubs and BAM - you're tagged as the ***** who doesn't know how to urinate. I'm going to start wearing depends.

So this is actually the thread I was searching for. I'm not a full time scrub wearer, but I still don't get this phenomenon. What is with the superior wicking ability of scrubs? Normal underwear does not have this much capillary action, but put on a pair of scrubs and BAM - you're tagged as the ***** who doesn't know how to urinate. I'm going to start wearing depends.
prolly the only necrobumb that's acceptable, this thread is just that awesome. I think it's just that scrubs are thinner and the color makes wetness stand out. Kinda makes you think though--does every guy out there always have a couple cc of urine on the crotchal region of his pants?

Shaking always leaves one or two last drops. I totally had this same problem and finally found the solution: wipe yourself on the inside of your boxers before putting it away. This wicks away and spreads out over your boxers the last few drops, to the point that no one place is wet enough to show through to your scrubs. Problem solved!

Not only had I bumped, I actually never read it the whole way through.

This is excellent aseptic advice. I knew I had taught my son well last week when he was complaining about not being able to reach the handle of our home toilet with his foot. Soon I shall teach him my patented "flying dragon kick" for the times he encounters those damn urinals that actually have a handle and not an automatic flush sensor.

There is no fear in this dojo. Hii-yah!

Take a zip lock bag and cut a piece of plastic (roughly 5x7") and use safety pins to pin it to the inside part of your scrubs (the front part). This will serve as an effective "shield" and you won't have any more embarrassing moments.

That sounds way too artsy craftsy for me. And, then you are the guy with a bunch of safety pins on your crotch.

Also, sometimes it helps me if I hold woodrow still and jump up and down with the rest of my body to shake the rest loose. Best to do this in an empty bathroom, attendings don't really look at you the same way after they see this.

So this becomes an inertia problem? Still seems like the drip would be pretty wily and difficult to control.

I practice what I call, "the manuver." It involves no milking, shaking or jumping. Just put a little pressure near the perineum below the sack after the stream is finished. The last little bit comes out and you can put your junk away all nice and neat.

:idea:

For the Woodrow, my urology resident flicks dudes' balls when this happens in the clinic. Seriously. Goes down immediately.

:eek: Damn, I'm staying away from your Nazi uro clinic. Nobody better be flicking me unless I've been very, very naughty.

I personally dab it with some TP after I pee. I got a weird look when somebody saw me doing it once though. Hey, at least I got dry boxers Mr. Pee spot

Reactions: 1 user
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....im still only a premed but have been working at the hospital for almost two years in anesthesia. I dab with TP or a paper towel after im done :D

I wonder what kind of attending this person has become

Awesome, I forgot about this thread.