pee pee on my scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
scholes said:
Ok, please tell me if I am the only one who has this issue...

Every time I use the little boys room at the hospital, I always seem to get a small pee spot on my scrubs. First, I attributed it to my haste at the urinal and the thin seafoam green scrubs, but most times even when I make a valiant effort at shaking every last drop off, I still end up with an adverse outcome. And then I need to dry the spot off with a paper towel because I do not want to walk around with a pee spot on my scrubs. I imagine that pee spots would be something that would force your attending to lower your score on the "professionalism" portion of your evaluation. Taking my time at the urinal has decreased the frequency of pee spots. I think this seems to be the best way to handle it. I would not want to regress to the point where I have to use the stall and wipe. This would be horribly demasculinating.

Does anyone else have this problem...

p.s. no, i do not suffer from hypospadias or urinary incontinence

So I'm on call, bored, cruising the threads, and come across this thread.

Truly the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

Thanks.

Heres my advice:

1) Take a paper towel with you every time to wipe the pee hole.

2) In the event a drip shows up anyway, after washing your hands, before drying them, shake some residual water on the front of your scrubs.

The pee spot is now a clandestine pee spot, and your scrubs now appear as though you merely acted hastily at the scrub sink.

And it dries fast.

Members don't see this ad.

Why can't you guys just pee into a toilet bowl? Is the whole purpose of the urinal just so you don't have to remember to put the seat back down? Won't the pee splash back at you from the urinal? :confused:

GrandMasterB said:
My guess is that you get some drippage a minute or two after you finish micturition. If so, I have suffered from the sae problem in the past, and this solution may be of use to you. A family friend is a urologist and I broached just such a question to him. This maybe be some sort of old man bull**** (ie nonevidence based) answer- but it has worked for me. Anyways- your problem is decreased urethral elasticity. You are propbably holding your wang too far proximally/dangling it and/or your nads over the edge of tied scrubs. You need to make sure your urethra is not constricted, so pull your pants down further, hold it near the glans and pee. Then when you are done- "milk" the sucker a little- i.e dont just shake it. You have to squeeze that shiest out because of your low elasticity level. Then, if you have the opportunity- wipe. To our friend in Prague...you are lucky- if President Wilson makes an appearance in my pants- he isn't tall enough to make a stir :(

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

man this is some funny stuff....if I didnt have a pee spot before, I'm sure I do now....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lefty said:
Another very plausible strategy is turn up the faucet HIGH to wash your hands. Don't be shy, get close to the faucet. You should be able to get water spots on both upper and lower scrubs in a splattered pattern indicative of vigorous handwashing and therefore good hygiene habits. No one can fault you for that and they'll never be able to tell the difference b/w pee spots and water. :thumbup:

As for Woodrow Wilson--still looking for a solution. I'm just glad I've never had a lively, vivacious dream while on call. THAT, my friends, would be the worst case scenario. So consider yourself lucky it's not drift-woodrow. :eek:

Ahhhh, Lefty beat me to it.

Self-cath and leg bag? Also, sometimes it helps me if I hold woodrow still and jump up and down with the rest of my body to shake the rest loose. Best to do this in an empty bathroom, attendings don't really look at you the same way after they see this.

This thread is hilarious. Did no one's daddy teach them how to pee?

I practice what I call, "the manuver." It involves no milking, shaking or jumping. Just put a little pressure near the perineum below the sack after the stream is finished. The last little bit comes out and you can put your junk away all nice and neat.

bigeyedfish said:
This thread is hilarious. Did no one's daddy teach them how to pee?

I practice what I call, "the manuver." It involves no milking, shaking or jumping. Just put a little pressure near the perineum below the sack after the stream is finished. The last little bit comes out and you can put your junk away all nice and neat.

HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

geez i love this thread.

just what this katrina-damaged attending needed.

:laugh:

I will never for the life of me understand how you guys walk around with those things! I can't imagine having all those extra danglies down there where my nice tucked-in parts are. Having to "uptuck" an appendage that acts independently of the rest of me would be the weirdest thing ever.

Willow said:
:laugh:

I will never for the life of me understand how you guys walk around with those things! I can't imagine having all those extra danglies down there where my nice tucked-in parts are. Having to "uptuck" an appendage that acts independently of the rest of me would be the weirdest thing ever.

No.

Having a small child emerge from the equivalent of our pee-hole would be the weirdest thing ever. :D

jetproppilot said:
No.

Having a small child emerge from the equivalent of our pee-hole would be the weirdest thing ever. :D
OK, agreed. But that's voluntary weirdness that I have no plans for, TYVM. :scared:

:laugh: Good heavens, 11 years of marriage and I'm finding I still have things to learn about men! You guys are a riot!

Luckily hubby wipes and puts the toilet seat down (raised by a single mom). This is good because it eliminated the pre-wedding discussion - "Become friends with the toilet paper or you are never coming near me with that thing!"

Oh, and having given birth to four children: nope, I still think having external "parts" is weirder.

jace's mom said:
Luckily hubby wipes and puts the toilet seat down (raised by a single mom).
I'd like to meet this woman. She sounds brilliant.

What I never could understand is how urine ends up on the toilet seat in the ladies' room.

GoofyDoc said:

What I never could understand is how urine ends up on the toilet seat in the ladies' room.

I can't stand it when there is pee sprayed all over the seat in the ladies' room!! This is my best guess of how it happens: some women don't want to sit on the seat in a public restroom. So, they squat over the seat. If they have weak quad muscles, then they can't squat over the hole, and they end up peeing all over the seat. And... have you noticed how it's always bright yellow? Don't people ever drink fluids? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
beancounter said:
I can't stand it when there is pee sprayed all over the seat in the ladies' room!! This is my best guess of how it happens: some women don't want to sit on the seat in a public restroom. So, they squat over the seat. If they have weak quad muscles, then they can't squat over the hole, and they end up peeing all over the seat. And... have you noticed how it's always bright yellow? Don't people ever drink fluids? :confused:
Or, it could be the male janitors who have a fetish with using the womens room :eek:

Yeah, pee on your scrubs ... I hate that.

Oh wait, you're talking about your own pee.
Never mind.

beancounter said:
Yes, I've heard of women 'hovering,' to varying degrees of success.

Bill59 said:
Yeah, pee on your scrubs ... I hate that.

Oh wait, you're talking about your own pee.
Never mind.

that's what I thought this thread would be about too... but still some funny ****! :laugh:

And yes, external parts with a mind of their own are weird! :rolleyes:

AMMD said:
The best way is to completely untie your scrubs so as to not choke the hose while watering the plants and then button up that white coat to cover your tracks.

Yeah you're not alone OP and I think this is the best advise...unless you want to go so far as to actually bring a little square of TP to the urinal with you. But that leaves you with the difficult question of what to do with that square after use...

Why do those scrubs so any little bit of moisture so clearly??

GoofyDoc said:

Its because of 'hovering' along with splashback. The women are generally able to get it in, but the splashback makes it go on the seat as well. Ever notice sometimes if you are sitting down to pee and you have to wipe on your upper thigh? If the stream is fast, it'll come back. :laugh: I always like to put some toilet paper down to catch any random spot of liquid that happens to be there so I don't sit on it.

I like the "straighten out the urethra" advice. Wear boxers, so if you drip, you'll drip DOWN, not straight out and through 2 layers.
For the Woodrow, my urology resident flicks dudes' balls when this happens in the clinic. Seriously. Goes down immediately.

CatsandCradles said:
Once as an undergraduate, I went to the mens room and urinanted. Well, the stream of urine didn't fly straight. It had an irregular trajectory and I ended up wetting my pants big time.

How did you let that happen? Did you forget to clean the pipes after an intimate moment with a woman (or your left hand perhaps)?

jace's mom said:
Oh, and having given birth to four children: nope, I still think having external "parts" is weirder.

The external part is not that weird. In a sense, it's like having an extra leg, or an extra pinky finger in my case.

On a different note, how are guys still getting erections during residencies? I've found that the frequency with which that occurs dropped off significantly since high school or even middle school. An embarassing story - I was asked to hand out a ditto in 8th grade and I unfortunately was excited down there for whatever reason (let's not get into WFNAR here)...needless to say, I tried my very best to hide it with the handout while I was walking around. Some idiot in the back thought it would be funny to ruin my life and yell, "somebody call the lumberjack...we've got wood!" I'm a changed man now.

I've found that if you just take a length of toilet paper and tie it around your ankle and let the end dangle out of your scrub pant leg... no one ever mentions the pee spot on your scrubs.

VPDcurt said:
On a different note, how are guys still getting erections during residencies? I've found that the frequency with which that occurs dropped off significantly since high school or even middle school.

Yeah, I pretty much stopped getting spontaneous daytime wood when I was like 15. You guys need to get laid, or take care of yourselves :laugh:

I have a different problem, and that is Swass, aka Sweaty Ass. Try dealing with an ass-mark on the back of your pants - how do you deal with that?

(nicedream) said:
Yeah, I pretty much stopped getting spontaneous daytime wood when I was like 15. You guys need to get laid, or take care of yourselves :laugh:

I have a different problem, and that is Swass, aka Sweaty Ass. Try dealing with an ass-mark on the back of your pants - how do you deal with that?

Hi there,

Gold Bond
Johnson's Baby Powder
Shower to Shower

Just to name a few.

njmbd :)

(nicedream) said:

Perhaps the issues of concern here are not the sporadic daytime calls to attention that plague acne-faced teens. Think about the physiology that's going on when the pager starts screaming at 4 am and dude gets woken up from REM sleep. Get it?

Also:
Swass is good, but I'm a bit partial to the classier "Swamp Ass." It has a nice ring to it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is so funny. I can't believe that thread about pee on scrubs is getting this big!

Having a pee on your scrubs is still better then sticking your hands down to your scrubs to scratch or position your player. That's worse than anything, it makes me feel like puking.

You know what I love reading this kind of stuff. Most other men are too embarassed to talk about this but most medical type men, and women are more open. Seems nice to read something that is actually true, and does happen in a daily life of being a man. Hmm, don't women ever kind of accidently drip though?

I too have the pee drop problem. No woodrow for me though.

This thread is hilarious...

Since we are all in medicine here & have an affinity for acronyms...here's one for the Woodrow appearance:

NARB (No Apparent Reason Boner)...Really fun to say & has a nice ring to it. However, I can't say the NARB problem bothers me after 7th or 8th grade, but I can imagine the problem @ 4 am.

I have a modified NARB known as BUPNARB, or Bladder Urgency Prevention No Apparent Reason Boner. The purpose of BUPNARB is to alleviate the urgency to pee in the middle of a long case.

The bigger issue here is that just because you can't see the pee spot, it doesn't mean it's not there, it likely just means they aren't wearing scrubs.

I thought this thread was going to be about messy first attempts at pulling out foleys, which I did for the first time successfully over the weekend. I'm so proud.

hahahaha :laugh:

great thread guys...love it. especially the brutal honesty.

Last edited:
The external part is not that weird. In a sense, it's like having an extra leg, or an extra pinky finger in my case.

On a different note, how are guys still getting erections during residencies? I've found that the frequency with which that occurs dropped off significantly since high school or even middle school. An embarassing story - I was asked to hand out a ditto in 8th grade and I unfortunately was excited down there for whatever reason (let's not get into WFNAR here)...needless to say, I tried my very best to hide it with the handout while I was walking around. Some idiot in the back thought it would be funny to ruin my life and yell, "somebody call the lumberjack...we've got wood!" I'm a changed man now.

This is an old thread, but I couldn't stop laughing at some of the posts. This might be the funniest thread here. It's good to find out about the solution before even facing the problem.

I don't know why it is an issue to just use some toilet paper to get cleaned. Plus shaking never works even if you're not wearing scrubs. Now squeezing is another matter. If you shake at home, you'll just make the toilet dirty and then you have to get down and dirty cleaning all that crap off the sub-seat - or let your significant other, who never has trajectory problems, do it.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one here, but when I am done, not only do I put down the seat, but the cover as well. This is more hygienic since sometimes you can have a brush or something fall there and someone has to reach down and get it. Then there is the dog issue. Sometimes as I am writing a paper I hear my Lab lapping that water as if it is fermented. After that procedure I try to avoid him for a good 30 minutes since I don't want to see the next victim of his ardent licks - especially on the face and lips! It's not in good taste to let your guests know where your dog's tongue has been after they have been Frenched.

Ah...the old year-and-a-half-old thread bump. I'm a fan.

Personally I just pee wherever and whenever I damn well please and let the location of any resulting pee spots speak for itself.

My pee spot is always near my left knee.

this thread is hilarious

I don't know why it is an issue to just use some toilet paper to get cleaned. Plus shaking never works even if you're not wearing scrubs. Now squeezing is another matter. If you shake at home, you'll just make the toilet dirty and then you have to get down and dirty cleaning all that crap off the sub-seat - or let your significant other, who never has trajectory problems, do it.

exactly. I hate it when my hubby shakes! And he NEVER cleans the toilet! :mad:

exactly. I hate it when my hubby shakes! And he NEVER cleans the toilet! :mad:

I think next time you hear him spraying, get behind him and demonstrate on him how it is supposed to be done. I am sure he'll remember it for a long time!

This thread is absolutely hilarious...good job resurrecting it. But I have to say it's making me a little anxious about shaking guys' hands. I mean, it's one thing to sort of know what's going on in there, it's entirely another to know for sure that y'all are messing with your balls and perineum. :eek::p

I do sort of wish girls had an efficient way of standing up to pee though...public restroom seats are so nasty. :thumbdown: to hoverers.

You know what I love reading this kind of stuff. Most other men are too embarassed to talk about this but most medical type men, and women are more open. Seems nice to read something that is actually true, and does happen in a daily life of being a man. Hmm, don't women ever kind of accidently drip though?

Awesome thread! Yep, women drip through but we can wear a pad. This also counts for the sweaty a$$ syndrome.

Now I understand the whitecoat buttoning in the middle of the night on call, strolling down the hallway (or running). Never thought of our twenty-eighth president. :)

It's odd that in this thread populated by med students, only one chose to use urethra. No takers on penile meatus?

I have a modified NARB known as BUPNARB, or Bladder Urgency Prevention No Apparent Reason Boner. The purpose of BUPNARB is to alleviate the urgency to pee in the middle of a long case.

I just laughed out loud for a good 15 minutes... I am still having problems typing. Pure Gold.

I just catheterize myself before I go on morning rounds......problem solved!