pee pee on my scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ok, please tell me if I am the only one who has this issue...

Every time I use the little boys room at the hospital, I always seem to get a small pee spot on my scrubs. First, I attributed it to my haste at the urinal and the thin seafoam green scrubs, but most times even when I make a valiant effort at shaking every last drop off, I still end up with an adverse outcome. And then I need to dry the spot off with a paper towel because I do not want to walk around with a pee spot on my scrubs. I imagine that pee spots would be something that would force your attending to lower your score on the "professionalism" portion of your evaluation. Taking my time at the urinal has decreased the frequency of pee spots. I think this seems to be the best way to handle it. I would not want to regress to the point where I have to use the stall and wipe. This would be horribly demasculinating.

Does anyone else have this problem...

p.s. no, i do not suffer from hypospadias or urinary incontinence

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
hey dude, i am a girl, so this is just an idea-
how about using the stall and wiping with some toilet paper. never really got why boys don't do that all the time anyway...

Reactions: 2 users
well, im glad im not the only one...lol I now take as long as a chic to peee....damn you scrubs!!!!
and susan, get back in class!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....im still only a premed but have been working at the hospital for almost two years in anesthesia. I dab with TP or a paper towel after im done :D

Reactions: 1 user
... C-H-L-A-M-Y-D-I-A ...

Sounds like you got da drip :eek:

Trinners said:
Jeez, does no one wear underwear under their scrubs!!!

yeah, your post just announces to everyone that you don't wear underwear under your scrubs. :p

you can smack you can whack it
you can hit it against the wall
but it has to be in your pants
for those last 2 drops to fall

:D
just my 2 cents ;)

fyi...i do wear underwear

i guess no undergarment can defend against my tenacious last drop

scholes said:
fyi...i do wear underwear

i guess no undergarment can defend against my tenacious last drop

that must be one hell of a drop

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
A friend of mine used to have this problem as well but he solved it by pulling out the hose and berries when urinating. I think it helps prevent backflow and encourages a perfectly vertical flow.

pee spots are easy to deal with. i just hate it when the phone rings in the middle of the night, get to L&D stat, and woodrow wilson is partying in your scrub pants. it is not cool to bring that guy down to the ob/gyn ward, let me tell you...no wonder i can't get a date...

neilc said:
pee spots are easy to deal with. i just hate it when the phone rings in the middle of the night, get to L&D stat, and woodrow wilson is partying in your scrub pants. it is not cool to bring that guy down to the ob/gyn ward, let me tell you...no wonder i can't get a date...

Yeah, like they've never seen a boner.....should be a compliment to 'em.

MD '05, that's f'n hilarious.

To our poet laureate....classic.

To the OP.....ever seen Van Wilder? There's a nifty little contraption that's mistaken for a bong.....either that, or just button your coat and move on....

p.s.--OP, if your screen name is based on Paul Scholes, then I promise not to make anymore wise ass comments re: cock pumps....

Members don't see this ad :)
Paul Scholes indeed.

But you can still make wise ass comments regardless.

However, I think it is important to point out the fact that this contraption of which you speak would make the drop bigger as well. Not that I know. Not that there would be anything wrong with me knowing.

As to Woodrow Wilson...if the patients weren't familiar with your little friend, you wouldn't be getting paged to L and D in the first place.

Anyone who knows of Scholesy is alright in my book--damn shame he's given up the international game, but I hope it pays dividends for the Devils (a la Alan Shearer...)

I stick by my original advice....button the coat over the scrubs. It's what I do....

Our psychiatry chief calls this "Post-Drip Dysphoria."

That is hella funny..and have never seen that addressed on any urology services....I will have to make it a point to inquire....

Yes, the last two drops are mreciless little critters.... they announce to the world that you were just holding your own c0*k a few minutes ago and people around you start fearing the worst... He may want to shake my hand.... arrrrrrgh.

The best way is to completely untie your scrubs so as to not choke the hose while watering the plants and then button up that white coat to cover your tracks.

Just remember when you are at the urinal:

Your future is in your hands
Shake well before and after use.

:laugh: No hard feelings, but this is just hilarious :laugh: Especially AMMD's post. :smuggrin:

AMMD said:
The best way is to completely untie your scrubs so as to not choke the hose while watering the plants and then button up that white coat to cover your tracks..
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In the Merk Manual this problem is officially termed post urinary drip syndrome or PUDS.

neilc said:

Yes, I hear you man. I also hate when the nurses keep starring at it. That does not help in "cooling him off". :mad:

Another very plausible strategy is turn up the faucet HIGH to wash your hands. Don't be shy, get close to the faucet. You should be able to get water spots on both upper and lower scrubs in a splattered pattern indicative of vigorous handwashing and therefore good hygiene habits. No one can fault you for that and they'll never be able to tell the difference b/w pee spots and water. :thumbup:

As for Woodrow Wilson--still looking for a solution. I'm just glad I've never had a lively, vivacious dream while on call. THAT, my friends, would be the worst case scenario. So consider yourself lucky it's not drift-woodrow. :eek:

Lefty said:
Another very plausible strategy is turn up the faucet HIGH to wash your hands. Don't be shy, get close to the faucet. You should be able to get water spots on both upper and lower scrubs in a splattered pattern indicative of vigorous handwashing and therefore good hygiene habits. No one can fault you for that and they'll never be able to tell the difference b/w pee spots and water. :thumbup:

As for Woodrow Wilson--still looking for a solution. I'm just glad I've never had a lively, vivacious dream while on call. THAT, my friends, would be the worst case scenario. So consider yourself lucky it's not drift-woodrow. :eek:

Except that splashing the "contaminated" water around means that you might be spreading germs, and thus would be indicative of poor infection control habits.

I agree with the person that said "wipe". This is what a female would do. Why is this demasculizing? I just don't understand, please enlighten! :oops:

Please God do not tell me that you truly do not see anything strange about a man wiping his pee hole. Why don't we just eliminate the urinal and we can all just sit and pee? And then we can all wear pink scrub pants with scrub tops that have hearts and puppy dogs on them.

I for one choose pee spot!

scholes said:
Please God do not tell me that you truly do not see anything strange about a man wiping his pee hole. Why don't we just eliminate the urinal and we can all just sit and pee? And then we can all wear pink scrub pants with scrub tops that have hearts and puppy dogs on them.

:laugh: I honestly do not see whats wrong with it! It's one of the great male mysteries! Is it because girls wipe? You guys don't have a problem wiping your bunghole, do you?
So, if I ever have a little boy-will he grow up with serious issues if I make him wipe his "peehole"? (What about if I make him put down the toilet seat after peeing??)

What about if I make him put down the toilet seat after peeing??)

Teach him to do it with his foot, not his hands :laugh:

there is no problem with the wipe down provided you dont go overboard and end up chapped :scared: .... there is nothing worse than a 'head' ache :rolleyes:

AMMD said:
there is no problem with the wipe down provided you dont go overboard and end up chapped :scared: .... there is nothing worse than a 'head' ache :rolleyes:

At last, a man who is secure enough in his masculinity to wipe!!! (You'd probably be confident in scrubs with flowers and puppy dogs on them, wouldn't you!) That is soooo attractive. :love:

yposhelley said:
I agree with the person that said "wipe". This is what a female would do. Why is this demasculizing? I just don't understand, please enlighten! :oops:

Never mind the fact that there generally isn't any TP hung next to the trough.

Oh you they didn't teach you about the friar tuck in your rotations?

Leukocyte said:
Yes, I hear you man. I also hate when the nurses keep starring at it. That does not help in "cooling him off". :mad:

Ahhh, this is quite the conundrum. As they say, if you shake it more than once, you're playing with it, but...if you don't shake it enough you get a little tinkle spot on your pants and you're 'that guy'. I think the key here is ultra absorbant boxers. Let's stop that little urea monster in its tracks. I know they tried it with tampons and it backfired, but certainly the success of the 'adult diaper' has sparked the mind of someone, somewhere to apply this concept to 'PUDS' in a way that preserves the masculinity of the young physician in training?

I try to deal with this problem osteopathically...we are taught to always evaluate and treat areas proximal and distal to the dysfunctional area. Here, we're talking about a significant groin problem, possibly mid-thigh if you're well endowed (PM me for the specifics there)...treatment requires the application of drops (not urine, duh) proximally in the abdominal area (on the scrub top) and distally on the lower extremities. Bilateral drops are more convincing. The size and number of drops should be dosed according to the degree of initial drippage. This will remove all doubt that you peed on yourself and eliminates the risk that violent handwashing could actually make the problem worse with an uncontrolled splash. Hope this helps!

My guess is that you get some drippage a minute or two after you finish micturition. If so, I have suffered from the sae problem in the past, and this solution may be of use to you. A family friend is a urologist and I broached just such a question to him. This maybe be some sort of old man bull**** (ie nonevidence based) answer- but it has worked for me. Anyways- your problem is decreased urethral elasticity. You are propbably holding your wang too far proximally/dangling it and/or your nads over the edge of tied scrubs. You need to make sure your urethra is not constricted, so pull your pants down further, hold it near the glans and pee. Then when you are done- "milk" the sucker a little- i.e dont just shake it. You have to squeeze that shiest out because of your low elasticity level. Then, if you have the opportunity- wipe. To our friend in Prague...you are lucky- if President Wilson makes an appearance in my pants- he isn't tall enough to make a stir :(

scholes said:
Ok, please tell me if I am the only one who has this issue...

Every time I use the little boys room at the hospital, I always seem to get a small pee spot on my scrubs. First, I attributed it to my haste at the urinal and the thin seafoam green scrubs, but most times even when I make a valiant effort at shaking every last drop off, I still end up with an adverse outcome. And then I need to dry the spot off with a paper towel because I do not want to walk around with a pee spot on my scrubs. I imagine that pee spots would be something that would force your attending to lower your score on the "professionalism" portion of your evaluation. Taking my time at the urinal has decreased the frequency of pee spots. I think this seems to be the best way to handle it. I would not want to regress to the point where I have to use the stall and wipe. This would be horribly demasculinating.

Does anyone else have this problem...

p.s. no, i do not suffer from hypospadias or urinary incontinence

Oh that's nothing.

Once as an undergraduate, I went to the mens room and urinanted. Well, the stream of urine didn't fly straight. It had an irregular trajectory and I ended up wetting my pants big time.

Luckily for me this was right after lunch and I walked home really really fast :laugh: :laugh:

Now a days I'm really really careful when I urinate. I learned from my mistakes :laugh: :smuggrin:

Thanks for reviving this thread. I take step 1 tomorrow and this sure gave me a good laugh.

For the pee spot issue I've tried wiping and splashing. Both work ok, but are less than ideal. At least scrubs tend to dry really fast.

For the Woodrow visitor, buttoning your coat (if you're wearing one) is fine unless you're a medical student/short coat. A back-up plan is tucking it behind the waist-band on your underwear. This hides it by keeping it close and the uncomfortable elastic helps it go away faster. I've trying pushing it down my leg too, but it tends to come back worse than before. :laugh:

CatsandCradles said:
Once as an undergraduate, I went to the mens room and urinanted. Well, the stream of urine didn't fly straight. It had an irregular trajectory and I ended up wetting my pants big time.

Oftentimes when getting up in the middle of the night and with a semi-Woodrow, occ the dual streamer will occur whilest trying to wet the flowers.

Then you have to pick the largest-volume stream and ring the toilet with that one. The rogue stream is on his own.....

solutions: removing the "hose and berries," as noted below, seems to do the trick and for woodrow....its called the "uptuck"

the "uptuck"?????

you are gonna strangulate woodrow!

just think of someone like roseanne barr!!

the roseanne trick can work when you have a few minutes....but when time is of the essence....using the waistband to put a chokehold on woodrow works well

Taus said:
the roseanne trick can work when you have a few minutes....but when time is of the essence....using the waistband to put a chokehold on woodrow works well

Make sure its snug. You don't need that guy gettin loose when you're weaving in and out of traffic as you sprint down the hall because your patient just coded. :laugh:

rn29306 said:
Then you have to pick the largest-volume stream and ring the toilet with that one. The rogue stream is on his own.....

LOL :laugh: :laugh:

So we have to choose between the lesser of two evils? :laugh:

or....you could put a bandaid on it when you're done to soak up the "remainder" whenever it does decide to rear it's ugly head :D

scholes said:

Ok, this is freaking hilarious. :laugh:

Why can't you just grab some tp or a paper towel before going to the urinal, and just hold it over the urethal opening (no wiping) so that it can absorb? You men just can't walk around all day with PEE on your pants!!! :eek:

Su4n2 said:
hey dude, i am a girl, so this is just an idea-
how about using the stall and wiping with some toilet paper. never really got why boys don't do that all the time anyway...

Because it normally isn't a problem. I don't understand why girls do a lot of things but they do them none the less.lol

Oh...perhaps let a little airdry pause? Do you go commando or what is the deal?

I've tried and tried, but as men we are screwed.

Remember -
No matter how you shake or dance,
The last drop will ALWAYS land in your pants. :(

PS - the uptuck works, you just have to make sure you hike your pants up a little bit.

Neogenesis said:
I've tried and tried, but as men we are screwed.

Remember -
No matter how you shake or dance,
The last drop will ALWAYS land in your pants. :(

PS - the uptuck works, you just have to make sure you hike your pants up a little bit.
As long as you're wearing a belt or have a draw-string waist, the "uptuck" is usually foolproof. After seemingly "searching for your keys" in your pocket for a few seconds to ensure proper positioning....problem solved. The only situation that it fails miserably is when you're not wearing a shirt....ie woodrow at the beach can get tricky....

manO'war said:
the "uptuck"?????

you are gonna strangulate woodrow!

just think of someone like roseanne barr!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I went to an end-of-year grand rounds once, and the psychiatrist PD called this phenomenon "post-drip dysphoria." He showed pictures and diagnostic criteria (e.g., symptoms exacerbated by wearing khaki pants). It was hilarious.