Pediatric Dentistry Residency - Insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allsmilesdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be applying this upcoming cycle to pedo residency.
Any current pedo residents have advice in regards to interviews, matching, application stuff?
I'm open to any feedback. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely be able to explain convincingly why you want to go into pediatric dentistry. You will need it for your personal statement and it will definitely be a topic at all of your interviews.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely be able to explain convincingly why you want to go into pediatric dentistry. You will need it for your personal statement and it will definitely be a topic at all of your interviews.

Big Hoss

This may seem like common sense to most people but you would be surprised the answers some people have come up with when trying to explain this. Make sure you've thought long and hard about this question. It is pretty clear who has a passion for it and who doesn't.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everybody,
I have applied to 11 Pediatric Dentistry Programs in the US this year.
My profile is that;
-Foreign trained
-PhD in Pediatric Dentistry in my home country
-More than 2 decades practical experience in general dentistry and pediatric dentistry( No US experience)
-2 researc projects published in J Dent Child and Oper Dent
-Passing Nbde1,2
-DDS gpa is 2,43
-PhD gpa is 3,50
-Toefl score is 90
So, what is the chance of getting acceptance for me? If anybody can comment my inquiry I will really appreaciate it. Thank you.