PCOM class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
medhacker said:
I wonder when I am going to get my access to nucleus :confused:

:laugh: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

medhacker said:
I wonder when I am going to get my access to nucleus :confused:

Hey medhacker, I like your avatar.

KMMD said:
Shadowing osteopathic physicians is a huge benefit for the secondary and interview. I'm pretty sure you need it for secondary and LOR is required but they love when you have seen OMM technique applied. It was a focal point of my very pleasant interview at PCOM. I can't wait.

BTW guys, i haven't been posting too much on this site in a while because this site was the absolute cause of dreadful stressing out for the MCATs and application process. I just surf the nuclues at PCOM waiting for my fellow colleagues. Congrats to all those accepted so far. Can't wait to meet everyone. Seems like we have an awesome class.

How long after your interview did it take for PCOM to accept you? I interviewed at the end of Jan, and i was wondering how long it would take. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Jonathan13180 said:
How long after your interview did it take for PCOM to accept you? I interviewed at the end of Jan, and i was wondering how long it would take. Thanks

When I interviewed in Dec it took approx. 8 days to recieve my acceptance in the mail. I think wait 2-3 weeks as a max..then call the school. :thumbup:

Jonathan13180 said:

I interviewed second week in Nov and the commitee met b4 the third week (Thanksgiving) so i only took like a week to hear back. That was under holiday conditions tho, keep in mind.

can anybody tell me specifically when the PCOM admissions committee meets, if not the exact date at least what day do they normally meet?

KMMD said:
Hey medhacker, I like your avatar.

Thanks homie, awesome procedure :thumbup:

Jonathan13180 said:

Got my AL (acceptance letter) 7 days afterwards, best wishes

shawmahmed said:
can anybody tell me specifically when the PCOM admissions committee meets, if not the exact date at least what day do they normally meet?

I dont think anyone specifically knows...I believe its twice a month so usually people find out if they have been accepted within 2 weeks.

medhacker said:
Got my AL (acceptance letter) 7 days afterwards, best wishes

Pretty fast turn around...gotta love it!

Yo MedHacker...wanna hang out March 4th or 5th?

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Pretty fast turn around...gotta love it!

Yo MedHacker...wanna hang out March 4th or 5th?

hey hey!

wuz up?

who's coming?

Members don't see this ad :)
DO Sigma Nu guy said:
When I interviewed in Dec it took approx. 8 days to recieve my acceptance in the mail. I think wait 2-3 weeks as a max..then call the school. :thumbup:

Thanks and congrats...the committee said we were the first bunch of the new group and that we should hear back within a month, although im hoping not to wait that long, either way.

an admissions lady told me today that it takes PCOM 3 weeks to "process" the supplemental application, does anybody know what the f*** that is supposed to mean?

:) ;) Accepted Student Reception Sunday April 30th at 11 am. Hopefully i'll be able to make it.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
:) ;) Accepted Student Reception Sunday April 30th at 11 am. Hopefully i'll be able to make it.

I thought PCOM had already had its luncheon... :confused:

medhacker said:
I thought PCOM had already had its luncheon... :confused:

Guess they do more than one. Nucleus says they will be sending out invitations soon.

PCOM had a luncheon scheduled in December, however it was cancelled due to bad weather (at least, I think it was--I didn't show!). I'm glad to hear that they've scheduled a new one. Here's to meeting everyone...

Hibby417 said:
PCOM had a luncheon scheduled in December, however it was cancelled due to bad weather (at least, I think it was--I didn't show!). I'm glad to hear that they've scheduled a new one. Here's to meeting everyone...

True, true!

can someone tell me how many people have put down the initial deposit for PCOM according to nucleus?

Has anyone who interviewed on jan 25th been accepted????Thanks

Got secondary end of Jan, got my LORs ready to roll, will send in secondary on Monday. Is it too late to bother?

toothless rufus said:
Got secondary end of Jan, got my LORs ready to roll, will send in secondary on Monday. Is it too late to bother?

:luck: The secondary deadline is March 15th I believe. Just make sure PCOM recieves EVERYTHING by that deadline. There is always a chance you can get in. I've heard some people say they interviewed in April and were accepted.

Have a back-up plan just in case.

Good Luck!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

BengaliDocIsl said:
can someone tell me how many people have put down the initial deposit for PCOM according to nucleus?

seems to be approx. 178 as of today 2-17-06. But don't worry, there is still time!

Where is everyone from?

I'm from Portsmouth, Va....very boring city.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Where is everyone from?

I'm from Portsmouth, Va....very boring city.

Originally from Miami and currently a So. Jersey survivor!!! :laugh:

P.S. hey no one is using our class chat... :thumbdown:

medhacker said:
Originally from Miami and currently a So. Jersey survivor!!! :laugh:

P.S. hey no one is using our class chat... :thumbdown:

haha I told you. hmmm what would a future public relations coordinator do? :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

anybody know when the PCOM admissions committee is "dishing'' out interview invites for march and april? (i.e. when do they meet)

Hey has anyone finished all their financial aid info in the packet...or all the required immunizations?

It sucks because now I have to search for a needle in a haystack to find the date of my Polio/Measles/Mumps blah blah blah shots. Way back when I was 1 or 2.

Ahh

I just got the letter today...I'm in! PCOM class of 2010!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to meet everyone. I just received my welcome package and I saw that 95% of students own or lease a car. My parents told me that they will give me their new car (they are buying it today) if I can go the first two years without a car. I have no money and would never be able to afford the car they are buying. Anyone have advice?? Is anyone else going to try to not have a car?? I still dont know what to do.

Does PCOM really interview in april because i have heard of people getting interviewed in april, or do the interviews end in march? i've heard both and am confused.

luv2jig said:
I just got the letter today...I'm in! PCOM class of 2010!!!!!!!!

congrats...Im in as well. found out last saturday. Im puzzled why the down-payment (250$) is due so soon (march) which doesnt really allow for us to choose between other schools. congrats to all.

Jonathan13180 said:
congrats...Im in as well. found out last saturday. Im puzzled why the down-payment (250$) is due so soon (march) which doesnt really allow for us to choose between other schools. congrats to all.

You can pay the deposit and decide not to go to the school. The next deposit is due May 15th..thats the final pre-tuition deposit. Just pay the 250 then you can decide if you want to send in the 2K in May.

BengaliDocIsl said:

Hey bengali

last I checked, about 2 weeks ago about 181 students. Best wishes

:thumbup:

I interviewed in April last year and didn't get in. This year I interviewed early and did.

Just wanted to once again direct people's attention to our group on myspace...

Jonathan13180 said:

I was accepted to LECOM also and they wanted a 1500 dollar deposit 2 weeks after my interview (back in Nov.) So I think PCOM does a much better job at making it possible to choose another school. But either way it kinda sucks because the decision still has to be made...congrats btw :)

luv2jig said:
I was accepted to LECOM also and they wanted a 1500 dollar deposit 2 weeks after my interview (back in Nov.) So I think PCOM does a much better job at making it possible to choose another school. But either way it kinda sucks because the decision still has to be made...congrats btw :)

LECOM! LECOM! LECOM! sorry, i no i am crazy but what can i do?

luv2jig said:

Whoa i'm so glad PCOM doesnt do that. I wouldnt of had the money...250 was a piece of cake.

Hey luv..is the 1500 refundable? Hopefully it is.

hahaha

one more time

What is PCOM's myspace site? (the url)

Jonathan13180 said:
Hey-
Why is PCOMS class so damn big???250???

'cause the more the merrier :laugh:

Jonathan13180 said:
Hey-
Why is PCOMS class so damn big???250???
They have the facilities and staff to handle it. Plus a high demand to go to the school. It actually is really nice having the big school. The faculty and staff make it feel small though. We are able to have a ton of clubs, sports teams, sports leagues, and a lot of events through out the year. We have over a hundred people playign dodgeball right now.

I'm going to ask this as well--anyone have the link to PCOM 2010's MySpace site? For those who were in Philly this weekend (sorry, I was in Florida), how did it go??

medhacker said:
hahaha

one more time

What is PCOM's myspace site? (the url)

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Whoa i'm so glad PCOM doesnt do that. I wouldnt of had the money...250 was a piece of cake.

Hey luv..is the 1500 refundable? Hopefully it is.

No, the LECOM 1500 isn't refundable. That's why I declined it. Isn't that crazy???

medhacker said:
Hey bengali

last I checked, about 2 weeks ago about 181 students. Best wishes

:thumbup:

How do you check that?