PCCM Application for clinically focused programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StevenRF

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Planning to apply this season for a 2018 start. However, I'm about 4 years out from graduating IM having spent the time as a flight doc in the Air Force. Interested in a mix of CC, pulm clinic/consult, procedures, etc in a non academic setting after graduation. Not looking for any super competitive program per say, just a decent program that will give me broad exposure. For the personal statement at the fellowship level, can one just state their honest intentions or is it still required to fluff up goals of research and saving the world?

I currently work in a primary care and operational setting. Is it expected to have LOR's from the specialty or will supervisory physicians suffice? Debating on asking some of my Col's (non PCCM) vs old ICU attendings from residency vs trying to shadow at our ICU for someone to write the letter?

Lastly, any recommendation on good clinical programs that have minimal research expectations and more clinical elective options? Ideally looking for a program thats coastal.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: