PCCM Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nik1990s

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Applying PCCM this coming summer for PCCM. Goal is an academic program with plans for academic job after. It seems that the field is getting more competitive.

US grad, 240s/250s on steps. At an academic program. 2 pubs from medical school and might have 1 review from residency as well as 2-3 poster presentations (case reports).

I think I can get decent letters from my program, got along with most people.

With the lack of significant number of pubs from residency, will it be tough to land a few academic program interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

if academic program means university hospitals (main program of a medical school), my gut feeling is that you will be ok.

Whether you can get an academic job (practice in a university or teaching hospital. Not physician-scientist) depends heavily on local market status rather than your academic output

Reactions: 1 user
if academic program means university hospitals (main program of a medical school), my gut feeling is that you will be ok.

Whether you can get an academic job (practice in a university or teaching hospital. Not physician-scientist) depends heavily on local market status rather than your academic output
correct, university hospital. I guess to name some examples would be like VCU or U of Kentucky or Utah. Ideally, I would probably prefer to train at the place I have an opportunity to stay at after.