PCCM 2008 Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i have not heard from ANY NY programs!

Does anyone know if i should email them? does it make a difference to email a program in terms of getting interviews?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think most calls have gone out by now. I was still hoping I would get a few over next two weeks or so but seems that is not realistic. Maybe some slots will open up as ppl cancel some interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: . lucky you. u seem to be keeping up the numbers. heard its a great place. dint apply there as i dint know they sponsor visas.

i have not heard from ANY NY programs!

Does anyone know if i should email them? does it make a difference to email a program in terms of getting interviews?

thanks

I haven't heard from NY porgrams either other that Beth israel, NY.
I havent heard anybody getting interviews from NY programs, few ppl I know who have applied are still waiting. So lets hope they are still reviewing applications and they will call us.

(I dont want to put the names of the programs here because one time I asked in this forum if anybody heard from Henry ford, Baylor, St. Louis wash, next day I got rejection from all three programs I named. ?? Watever works ??)

I think most calls have gone out by now. I was still
hoping I would get a few over next two weeks or so but seems that is not
realistic. Maybe some slots will open up as ppl cancel some interviews.

Hey arsa, I think there's still time. Some programs are still reviewing and
haven't sent out their first batch of interviews (NYC programs and CA
programs). Then there's still the 2nd batch of offers after people start
cancelling. Like someone said in an earlier post, it's a marathon, not a
sprint. In previous years, people were getting invites in March and
interviewing in April, even May.

Scheduling is becoming difficult. How many interviews are people going on
total? I'll be aiming at attending 6-8 interviews.

This week:
Univ of IL Chicago
George Washington

Previously:
Emory
Loyola

UMDNJ RWJ
UMDNJ NJMS
Temple
University of MD
Washington Hospital Center
UCSD
UCI
Georgetown
VCU/MCV

No rejections yet.

Still haven't heard from 13 programs.

Hi guys,

Anyone's interviewed there yet? Any input about the program? There is little info on the web and intv starts at midday. Would highly appreciate any suggestions.

I haven't heard from NY porgrams either other that Beth israel, NY.
I havent heard anybody getting interviews from NY programs
I got an invitation from Cornell. Other than that, nada.

Case Western Metro health yday

:thumbup: . lucky you. u seem to be keeping up the numbers. heard its a great place. dint apply there as i dint know they sponsor visas.
Thanks Arsa. They sponsor J only. GL for your interviews

Case Western Reserve

I'm curious if anyone has heard from UT-Southwestern?

Interview/Travel Advice Needed:
Anyone done one of these trips, and have some pointers?

Sun: Fly to City #1
Mon: Interview and fly that evening to City #2
Tues: Interview and fly back home
Wed: Go to Work

Is it realistic to pack one suit, and two dress shirts? Am I just asking for trouble? I don't know how I can carry-on two suits with the new carry-on restrictions.

Case Western Reserve

I'm curious if anyone has heard from UT-Southwestern?

Interview/Travel Advice Needed:
Anyone done one of these trips, and have some pointers?

Sun: Fly to City #1
Mon: Interview and fly that evening to City #2
Tues: Interview and fly back home
Wed: Go to Work

Is it realistic to pack one suit, and two dress shirts? Am I just asking for trouble? I don't know how I can carry-on two suits with the new carry-on restrictions.
Hi Pilondoc, I don't see anyone having heard from UT-SW.
For me, multitrip is working out to be more expensive ( lack of late evening flights, extra hotel stay, etc) and so I plan to fly to each interview separately.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Pilondoc, I don't see anyone having heard from UT-SW.
For me, multitrip is working out to be more expensive ( lack of late evening flights, extra hotel stay, etc) and so I plan to fly to each interview separately.

I wish I would have done that. I'm really stressed about going from an interview in Boston that ends at 3pm, and making it to the airport by 5:30 pm for a flight to my second interview. I remember Boston having nightmarish traffic, and I really don't want to miss my flight.

It depends. How far is your Boston interview from the airport? Are you planning on using a rental car? If so, don't forget to factor in the time it takes to return the car. Or, are you planning on taking a taxi? If so, are you sure you can get a cab easily from your interview site? Finally, will you be packed up and ready to go directly from your interview or do you need to go back to hotel to get your stuff?

It might be a little tight.

Also, if it's at all possible, try not to check in any bags...or if you have to check in bags, try to carry on your suits and other interview essentials. Last thing you want is for the airline to lose the bag with your suit in it.

I usually travel with just 1 suit and, like you said, maybe a couple shirts. Most hotels have irons that you can use to press out the wrinkles.

Good luck! :)

Got an interview at USC+LAC! But they are only interviewing in late april.

Univ of Rochester, by phone (FYI: Still have 5 dates open)

Thanks Louden for the advice. I think I can pull it off, but it's going to be a little tight. The program is 8 miles from the airport, but it will be close to rush hour by the time I hit the road. So, no rental car just a taxi.

Univ of Cincinatti
Univ of Utah

Both were just starting to send out invitations.

By the way, Bushy Boy just signed the economic stimulus package, which means if you're single you get $600 ($1200 married). Should help offset two interview trips!!! (I wonder what earmarks were attached to that bill?)

The program is 8 miles from the airport, but it will be close to rush hour by the time I hit the road. So, no rental car just a taxi.

8 miles? Should be no problem! Good luck. :)

Good to see that people are still getting offers, especially from programs that seem to be still sending out their first batch.

I've still got 10 programs or so that I haven't heard from yet. I've withdrawn from a handful of places that I won't be able to schedule.

Good luck all.

good to see ppl still getting invites. i have had no activity for the last week. although i am to hear from over half the programs i applied to, most of them dont sponsor my visa or are too high above my reach. so i think i am done now with invites.i plan to attend all 11 i got as i dont want to take a risk due to visa issues.

starting tomorrow with drexel and tuesday with Upstate. any info on those or last minute tips?

one intv done..

two invites today- Cedars sinai (the only program besides UW that I applied), and UDMNJ/RWJ today. any ideas about the program guys?

seems cedars sinai has extensive hospital network system and takes 8 fellows a year. interview alone is 2 days. interesting.

Inv from Cedars Sinai today. they have very little info on their website, any idea about this program anyone?

From Arizona and Ceadrs Sinai
Arsa, how did your interview go?

my 1st interview ... went ok but wish it went better.

3 ppl including PD and chair interviewed me.. mostly trying to sell the program, qns were directed to my home program and my research. no awkward qns but the chair did pimp me with clinical case scenerios, which i fared ok.

was not as impressed by the program as i thought i would b. "PCCM grand rounds" were cancelled for technical reasons.... so much for the academics...fellow who gave the tour was real nice and honest though.

one intv done..

two invites today- Cedars sinai (the only program besides UW that I applied), and UDMNJ/RWJ today. any ideas about the program guys?

seems cedars sinai has extensive hospital network system and takes 8 fellows a year. interview alone is 2 days. interesting.

Cedars is very good training. RWJ if it is camden program, the city is not the best place to live, I think it is #4 or 5.

Finally heard from New york programs ..
Interview- SUNY Downstate
Rejection - LIJ, NY
Rjeection - U conn, CT

Rejection from Columbia.

New:
Harbor-UCLA

Previously:
Cedars-Sinai
USC
Emory
Loyola
UMDNJ RWJ
UMDNJ NJMS
Temple
University of MD
Washington Hospital Center
UCSD
UCI
Georgetown
VCU/MCV

No rejections yet!

Interviews start on Tuesday for me. Have 8 scheduled so far.

went smooth and cold! not too impressed by the program but did help up boost confidence.

this wk.. rej LIJ, Columbia.

Did any body interview at case western - univ hospitals ?

anyone has any thoughts on either or had any interviews?

Hey guys, I hope the interviews are going well. Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial @ miami or St. Lukes @ ny??

Hey guys, I hope the interviews are going well. Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial @ miami or St. Lukes @ ny??

JACKSON MEMORILA DID NOT OPEN APPLICATIONS YET. New York, I heard only from Columbia and Cornell. Some people heard from Rochester. But nothing from St.Lukes or NYU.

has anyone interviewed there yet? how is the program guys? any tip? interviewing monday.

hey arsa, how did it go at wayne state? good program?

hey arsa, was your answer for arkansas or lsu?

bleah. my march is looking too busy. im getting frustrated trying to get people to cover for me.

wayne intv went good, .. its a good program in a bad location. have good BMT, starting interventional next yr..ample sleep exp

and my answer was for arkansas

Got another interview today SUNY @ stony brook.
Also, did anybody interview at SUNY downstate, Brooklyn. they have no information on website who the faculty is ? I have one next week.

Hey all, have not been here in a long time.

Applied to 25 programs:

heard from 13 so far

3 Interviews

Wayne State- done

Univ of Wis, Madison- done

Loyola- not yet

Rejected by: Henry ford, Colorado, U of Connect, U of Chi, U of Louiv, U of Mich, U of Indi, Case West, Ohio,

Have people heard from Northwestern, Cook County, Rush, UIC?